YUNGATA

Video Game Music

1 minute ago, veinsineon said:

Valve hates trilogies... wbk since Half Life 3 never came to fruition :crai:

Gabe Newell better count his fucking days 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

:legend::legend::legend:

THIS MADES ME WANT TO SCREAM AND CRY. Dragon Age really fucking turned a corner when this blares over the speakers omg. Trevor Morris was specifically brought in to transform the feel of the Dragon Age universe and it was like a breath of fresh air. 

Jeremy Soule is one of my favourite composers for video games (and maybe in general) - surprisingly none of these instruments are real but he brings an excellent influence of Caucus and Afrikaans flavour to this neglected score. 

this simply IS iconic. Another Jeremy Soule. Partly nostalgic, but even listening now I'm so impressed with how luscious the orchestration is. :oprah2:

Many people are not aware that the 'Elder Scrolls theme' (which is actually the Morrowind theme) wasn't always the tune of the series - prior to Oblivion, all the works had original numbers, this being for Redguard. I wish I could hear a real orchestra play this forgotten gem!!! 

Jeremy Soule on a fucking roll - he wrote this, KOTOR and Morrowind all within the same through years. There is something beautiful, powerful, whimsical and magical in his theme. 

iconic! fun fact, this was the first iteration of the game where this theme was played on real instruments! 

subtle but brilliant subversion of the main theme with beautiful simplicity that still makes it cinematic.

"You were deafened"

"You were broken"

"You were whole"

"You were blinded"

"and at last you saw"

this stunning number is etched in my brain forever. such a stoic lament. also one of the greatest video games speeches/writings ever.

Maclaine Dulcimer breaths new life into the Guild Wars series with this - while I love Jeremy Soule, his works can sometimes fit into any broad term of 'fantasy'. Maclaine's theme has a sense of urgency, malice, and drama. This is the best entry for the series.

ICONIC and brilliant - this piece is gorgeous and extremely well orchestrated but also manages to tie in so many important themes from the entire score into it. Love hearing the iterations of them throughout the series.

and of course THE ORIGINAL AND BEST theme of all time for a video game. 

ETA: Special mention to this BITCH! :legend:

3lfQEhw.png

On 11/5/2020 at 7:53 PM, takeitdoen said:

iconic! fun fact, this was the first iteration of the game where this theme was played on real instruments! 

subtle but brilliant subversion of the main theme with beautiful simplicity that still makes it cinematic.

I know Skyward Sword is a bit of a controversial entry among fans, but wow, that soundtrack... By far my favourite! I also loooove the anniversary orchestra CD that came with the game, I mean, wow:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif