YUNGATA

Video Game Music

3 minutes ago, veinsineon said:

I used to bump the fuck out of the Resident Evil Outbreak 1/2 soundtracks when I was a kid. Maybe that was foreshadowing how gloomy my personality is lol

Moonlight Sonata is still such a beautiful arrangement  :crai:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

i've actually never really played a resident evil! i was a massive fan of silent hill tho growing up. listening to the soundtrack now i'm really digging it. especially when that electric guitar goes into the drum beat at the very end in 3rd times a charm.

i think silent hill 2 might be one of the greatest video games of all time. it also has a fabulously produced soundtrack. growing up akira yamaoka was one of my idols. mary elizabeth mcglynn too, who did the vocals from the third game onwards. she created BOPS. i'm so glad i got to meet her a few years back. she was really down to earth and seemed to really love the series.

also i totally forgot tender sugar existed OMFG re-listening to it IMMEDIATELY.

3 minutes ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

*cough*

Anyway, this is one of my favourite tracks ever:

ugh i looked in the video game section for this! i feel like it made more sense for it to be in the vg section :toofloppy:

5 minutes ago, electra said:

Reveal hidden contents

also i totally forgot tender sugar existed OMFG re-listening to it IMMEDIATELY.

ugh i looked in the video game section for this! i feel like it made more sense for it to be in the vg section :toofloppy:

tbh fair point. I'm gonna merge the threads then move to vg section~~

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

On 11/3/2018 at 9:19 AM, Electric Body said:

My favourite game-soundtracks ever are the Silent Hill soundtracks composed by Akira Yamaota.

Reveal hidden contents

Especially the Silent Hill 2 one is soooo iconic (not really a suprise, since it's also the best game from the franchise)

Some more tracks: (but seriously, just listen to it in full)

Reveal hidden contents

Another soundtrack I'm pretty fond of is Alice: Madness Returns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOP26WOOMbc&list=PL52DFFB5C42AE4089&index=1

Having grown up with the classic Tomb Raider games, I always get super nostalgic when listening to the old soundtracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaBvHqMWyxI

And then there are a lot of indie games withthat have woooonderful soundtracks aswell.

Like Grim Fandango

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5_ZpFlWr9c

The Journey Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbzLhnqL77A

The Cat Lady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msg_DMtuXVE

Or this little gem called Journey Of A Roach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO68H1lGvFA

okay i'm just going through this thread and i just want to say TASTE for silent hill, alice and grim fandango. excellent games, we have such similar taste omg.

@electra I was never much into the resident evil saga itself, the first few games are nice but they get really stale. OUTBREAK however is arguably the most underrated game affiliated with it and was a survival scenario spin-off that puts the player in the shoes of a regular degular ass person trying to make it out of the zombie apocalypse. It’s amazing. It was actually one of the first games on PS2 that was meant to test out broadband online multiplayer. It was pretty much the blueprint for that new resident evil game. Highly recommend playing if u can find!! They’re pretty rare games and I’m blessed to have obtained both over the years <3

Just now, YUNGATA said:

tell me this isn't just an unreleased PC music track

omg i wanted to play this game so bad! i totally forgot about it. the sound and visual feel literally so art school it hurts, right down to that lil dude's outfit that looks like its depop's finest.

1 minute ago, electra said:

omg i wanted to play this game so bad! i totally forgot about it. the sound and visual feel literally so art school it hurts, right down to that lil dude's outfit that looks like its depop's finest.

:oic2: :deadbanana:

It's pretty fun tbh! Not something you're gonna clock like 100s of hours into but I had a good evening playing it a while back and all of the music was really great

1 minute ago, veinsineon said:

I’m unironically bopping this right now... thank you

I walk around the house singing it and my housemates hate me but it's so good I can't stop :lel: 

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

NOT me typing up an entire fucking essay, hitting post, and being told it couldn't locate what i was trying to do. 

im lazy so im just going to highlight bioshock infinite below but my other favs are:

- mirror's edge. first game is better (in every way) but the second game has nice music too. if you like the OST of stranger things then you'll like music from this game

borderlands 2. honestly the OST is very underrated in this game but i adore. gives me v lowfi hip hop/apocalyptic vibes 
- skyrim. iconic, incredible, brilliant, never been done before
- fallout 4. same as skyrim but make it ~nuclear~ radio is amazing too

- Alice Madness Returns 
- Bioshock Infinite 

I love all the Bioshock games, but the religious undertones to the theme, environment, and music are a chef's kiss, babey. Below are my two favorite pieces ever. The first one is right at the beginning of the game and sets the mood. ugh. 

Spoiler

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

8 minutes ago, veinsineon said:

@Party FavorBIOSHOCK TASTEEE

The Outer Worlds is actually rly pretty and fleshed out too, you could tell they couldn’t stray too far from the aesthetics of bioshock but this time it’s in space and there’s a bit of Mass Effect to the plot? 

someone who knows what bioshock is!! i s2g the games were so popular yet every time i mention them people look at me like im on drugs :scoff: im replaying the first game remastered again and ugh such BRILLIANCE. I haven't played outer worlds but i heard it's decent! i'll have to buy it eventually lol. 

until then i will hold onto the delusion of getting bioshock 4 and left 4 dead 3 :typewriter:

UguUCJc.gif

Just now, Party Favor said:

someone who knows what bioshock is!! i s2g the games were so popular yet every time i mention them people look at me like im on drugs :scoff: im replaying the first game remastered again and ugh such BRILLIANCE. I haven't played outer worlds but i heard it's decent! i'll have to buy it eventually lol. 

until then i will hold onto the delusion of getting bioshock 4 and left 4 dead 3 :typewriter:

i was just thinking today about how much i wanted a new l4d :'^(

1 minute ago, electra said:

i was just thinking today about how much i wanted a new l4d :'^(

valve has so much money from steam and they choose to just pretend like the number 3 doesn't exist. imagine my disappointment when i saw left 4 dead 2 got an update thanks to modders and it isn't confirmed whether or not they'll port it to console :rip:

UguUCJc.gif

2 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

valve has so much money from steam and they choose to just pretend like the number 3 doesn't exist. imagine my disappointment when i saw left 4 dead 2 got an update thanks to modders and it isn't confirmed whether or not they'll port it to console :rip:

Valve hates trilogies... wbk since Half Life 3 never came to fruition :crai: