YUNGATA

Video Game Music

one of my favorite battle themes of all time, the little solo in the middle is SO fucking gorgeous i get chills everytime AHHH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuJIyQiXdeU

the hyrule field theme from twilight princess is also one of my favorites i time stamped the video at my fav part
https://youtu.be/nKhLkgqEFZM?t=4m53s

this one from kingdom hearts is also so fucking gorgeous! the KH piano collections are gorgeous all together tbh

Just wanted to share these two remixes from the Pokémon X & Y soundtrack.

How great are they? :icant: I love GlitchxCity's remixes so much.

This one cured my depression. Man you know I don't actually love XY that much but the music is soooo good

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Idk if it counts since it's a mobile game but GOD I fucking love this game and its soundtrack. I used to play it to the point of madness for over a year. I closed my eyes and all I could see was dots and lines

ZKcaooE.png

I mean, does anyone? :toofunny:

Still better than S/M/US/UM.

:lel:

US/UM was better than S/M and I really enjoyed the story. Both games are ruined by rotomdex tho, hate that handholdy trash.

My fav mainline games are HG/SS and Emerald :candy:

:lel:

US/UM was better than S/M and I really enjoyed the story. Both games are ruined by rotomdex tho, hate that handholdy trash.

My fav mainline games are HG/SS and Emerald :candy:

Not gonna lie, after being rather disappointed with the original S/M, I didn't even buy US/UM. I only know about the new content because I looked it up online. And I agree, the Rotom Dex, the handholding, the linearity, and basically the fact that they decided to dumb this whole series down kinda killed it for me. I really hope the 2019 game will be a step in the right direction.

Also, YES @ HG/SS and Emerald, though I would also add Platinum to complete the trinity.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Not gonna lie, after being rather disappointed with the original S/M, I didn't even buy US/UM. I only know about the new content because I looked it up online. And I agree, the Rotom Dex, the handholding, the linearity, and basically the fact that they decided to dumb this whole series down kinda killed it for me. I really hope the 2019 game will be a step in the right direction.

Also, YES @ HG/SS and Emerald, though I would also add Platinum to complete the trinity.

If you have a friend who can loan you a copy I'd rec playing, prob not worth buying tho especially at its current price.

I spent sooo much time in platinum as a kid mining those goddamn gems idek why. Platinum honestly doesn't get enough credit in the fanbase, it looks really nice for DS game and had so much content.

I'm a little skeptical about Let's Go but we'll see~~~~~

If you have a friend who can loan you a copy I'd rec playing, prob not worth buying tho especially at its current price.

I spent sooo much time in platinum as a kid mining those goddamn gems idek why. Platinum honestly doesn't get enough credit in the fanbase, it looks really nice for DS game and had so much content.

I'm a little skeptical about Let's Go but we'll see~~~~~

Yeah IDK, I might buy a used copy for cheap at one point.

I honestly feel like the DS era was by far the best for Pokémon. The games all had sooo much content, they still gave you quite some freedom (especially Gen. 4), and they weren't ridiculously easy and that era gave us Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. In fact, there's a double battle somewhere in D/P in which one of the trainers uses an (overpowered) Gyarados that was giving my team such a hard time over ten years ago that I can still remember it today. :toofunny:

And yes, same, I spent hundreds of hours underground, and I honestly don't know what I was doing there all this time? Just mining for gems and fossils, I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j1kGqvYI8Y

Literally my childhood LMAO.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Just casually deleting tracks from my iPod so I can add the Zelda 25th anniversary orchestra songs instead. :makeup: Been thinking of doing it for years, now I'm finally doing it. Bless Koji Kondo for these soundtracks and bless this orchestra, I was totally blown away the first time I put the CD into the player.

Now I really regret not going to Symphony of the Goddesses when they came to Stockholm a few years ago, but I didn't have time to attend back then, I bet it must have sounded magical. :(

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Just casually deleting tracks from my iPod so I can add the Zelda 25th anniversary orchestra songs instead. :makeup: Been thinking of doing it for years, now I'm finally doing it. Bless Koji Kondo for these soundtracks and bless this orchestra, I was totally blown away the first time I put the CD into the player.

Now I really regret not going to Symphony of the Goddesses when they came to Stockholm a few years ago, but I didn't have time to attend back then, I bet it must have sounded magical. :(

I got the CD as well I'm so happy I do!! I think I got it with Skyward Sword, but my nerdy brother is stealing it from me all the time to play it max volume. He finished SS like 13 times but he speedruns it which annoys me to no end haha. But to be fair my favourite soundtrack objectively is really Wind Waker, not even anything to do with the fact it's my favourite game.

ZKcaooE.png

I got the CD as well I'm so happy I do!! I think I got it with Skyward Sword, but my nerdy brother is stealing it from me all the time to play it max volume. He finished SS like 13 times but he speedruns it which annoys me to no end haha. But to be fair my favourite soundtrack objectively is really Wind Waker, not even anything to do with the fact it's my favourite game.

I remember discussing with my brothers about which version to get and I was super determined - I would only get Skyward Sword together with the CD and nothing else was acceptable, haha! Soooooooo glad we got it. ♥ The orchestra version of Gerudo Valley is THE best thing I ever heard. I want to cry, it's like I'm really there in the desert. :krylie:

I've finished SS twice I think (I would play it more if schoolwork and uni didn't come in the way), it was such a lovely game. I totally ship Link and Zelda skjnskjdsk

Edit: omg the Wind Waker medley just started playing aaaaAAAAAHHHHHH MEMORIEEESSSS :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :rollin: :rollin:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I remember discussing with my brothers about which version to get and I was super determined - I would only get Skyward Sword together with the CD and nothing else was acceptable, haha! Soooooooo glad we got it. ♥ The orchestra version of Gerudo Valley is THE best thing I ever heard. I want to cry, it's like I'm really there in the desert. :krylie:

I've finished SS twice I think (I would play it more if schoolwork and uni didn't come in the way), it was such a lovely game. I totally ship Link and Zelda skjnskjdsk

I remember, I wanted to get a Wii SO BAD so I could play SS and TP, and also use my OoT, Master Quest, Wind Waker on it, but being the fuckdumbass that I am, I got the blue Wii (2012 Olympic Games edition!), which is THE ONLY WII THAT DOESN'T ACCEPT GAMECUBE GAMES  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  I got SS by sneaking it into the cart while doing groceries with my mother and having the cashier scan it while she wasn't looking  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  I really wanted it and I'm so glad I did because watching my brother play hanging out with my sister and I are some of my absolute favourite memories I have with my siblings. I love them very much and I'm so happy it's concretised in our mutual love for TLOZ and especially Skyward Sword and its amazing soundtrack, when my bro Gabriel plays the volcano part we're always synchronisingly singing the tune which is by far the best one in the soundtrack it's fckn amazing. Personally, I don't think I ever finished it, I usually never finish my games because I like to have ALL the secondary quests done before. And the furry cute monster annoys me to no end

AND YES OMG I AGREE. SS Zelda is by FAR the best Zelda. She's adorable. I love her so much. I also love TP Zelda but only because I love strong dominating women khgjfhg

ZKcaooE.png

THE ONLY WII THAT DOESN'T ACCEPT GAMECUBE GAMES  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

OMFG NOOOOOO that sounds like a nightmare :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

Your memories with your siblings sound so sweet, actually not very different from mine - I used to watch my brothers play OoT and Majora's on a computer simulator (but we eventually got OoT for Gamecube as you already know), and I was longing so much to play a Zelda game myself. Sadly, these days, one of them isn't that much big of a fan of the Zelda games (he prefers Metroid) and the other one.. I'm pretty sure he loves them as much as I do, but studying to become a doctor took too much of his time. He's thinking of playing BotW now and I keep telling to do it now when he's finally done studying. He needs to learn how to relax a little, lol.

I haven't played all the games in the series (and I might never be able to), but my fave Zelda must be BotW or SS. SS is so adorable, like you said, but I can totally symphetize with BotW. She's the first princess you get to know better to be honest. TP Zel is gorgeous,  but... I don't know, I don't feel that strong to her. She was awesome though.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

OMFG NOOOOOO that sounds like a nightmare :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

Your memories with your siblings sound so sweet, actually not very different from mine - I used to watch my brothers play OoT and Majora's on a computer simulator (but we eventually got OoT for Gamecube as you already know), and I was longing so much to play a Zelda game myself. Sadly, these days, one of them isn't that much big of a fan of the Zelda games (he prefers Metroid) and the other one.. I'm pretty sure he loves them as much as I do, but studying to become a doctor took too much of his time. He's thinking of playing BotW now and I keep telling to do it now when he's finally done studying. He needs to learn how to relax a little, lol.

I haven't played all the games in the series (and I might never be able to), but my fave Zelda must be BotW or SS. SS is so adorable, like you said, but I can totally symphetize with BotW. She's the first princess you get to know better to be honest. TP Zel is gorgeous,  but... I don't know, I don't feel that strong to her. She was awesome though.

I know right I felt so damn stupid  :toofunny: I'm so Daytona Mess, anything that's baby blue or millennial pink, I buy. Especially since it took my sister and I more than a year to save money to buy a Wii, my parents have always HATED video games and the only consoles I had, including my two computers and except the Switch I bought with my parents money, I bought myself. In a way it's good it builds character, in another it's stupid and annoying. But yeah it's actually not that bad, since we were able to find a GameCube for like 35 euros - dead cheap for what it is, and a purple one like our first furthermore! I just hope to death that the games will be ported to the Switch or beyond one day. Aw that's so sweet as well, I love this so much!! The only Metroid game I ever played was on DS and I don't think it's the right console for it, I hated it, it felt way too clinical and dumb shooter, didn't made me want to look into the story. Totally, especially since BOTW is incredibly relaxing! Since this is a video game music thread, the BOTW soundtrack is truly incredible. I absolutely love the ancient laboratory soundtracks, they feel SO classic Zelda:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FySPSoWa8y8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkQcaE2GDLU

Ok you got a point but I still can't stand BOTW Zelda, the voice acting and even her personality makes her sound like such a huge brat... She's literally a sorority sister URGH. Yes she has a strong personality but not the correct kind  :toofunny: And especially next to the fucking GODDESS that Urbosa is, you know my love for her

ZKcaooE.png

The greatest video game music is GTA Vice City if it counts since its real songs...

Ok this is rly interesting! It actually reminds me of what's probably one of my favourite game soundtracks, Hotline Miami, I haven't played it yet but I'm a huge fan of 80' visuals and synthwave

ZKcaooE.png

(I am so sorry low key not if I'm making this into a Zelda fangirl thread, I just love the games so much and always have and always will)

Ok you got a point but I still can't stand BOTW Zelda, the voice acting and even her personality makes her sound like such a huge brat... She's literally a sorority sister URGH. Yes she has a strong personality but not the correct kind  :toofunny: And especially next to the fucking GODDESS that Urbosa is, you know my love for her

Urbosa is everything a Gerudo is supposed to be. :flutter: I think this Zelda is super charming tho, she can be such a little nerd at times. ♥

Omg, 7:14 when the chorus came on for the soundtrack of the battle against Ganondorf literally gave me goosebumps and I had to hold my breath :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: And the end of this absolutely magical piece of music is epic :deadbanana:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png