Rorman Nockwell

Hypothetical Lana Movie/TV Series Ideas

So I got to thinking that I thought -

Imagine if you were making a TV series loosely based on Lala's life: The Singer [Working Title]. IMO, she's a pretty good subject because her story provides plenty of true, unhinged material, and she's enigmatic enough that you can also fill in the blanks with fun stuff.

So with this in mind: who would you cast, what stories would you tell, etc?

I'd cast Kristen Stewart as Chunk because she's boring enough to make that work, and Courtney Love as herself because nobody else is crackheaded enough to play Courtney but Courtney.

:agree:

Maybe Gwyneth Paltrow as Patty because she seems pretty insufferable (not that we have any evidence that Patty is insufferable, but I feel like she'd be the "villian" of the series because Lala doesn't get along with her)

Gerald can play himself because he's hot despite being extremely sleazy, and I'd want him on the set just for entertainment

Ooh Christian Bale as Ben because they're both angry and British

I also want Keanu Reeves; I don't even know who he'd play but I want him there so I'd just make up a role for him

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

9 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Imagine if you were making a TV series loosely based on Lala's life: The Singer [Working Title]. IMO, she's a pretty good subject because her story provides plenty of true, unhinged material, and she's enigmatic enough that you can also fill in the blanks with fun stuff.

I'd cast Kristen Stewart as Chunk because she's boring enough to make that work, and Courtney Love as herself because nobody else is crackheaded enough to play Courtney but Courtney.

there’s so much you can do

boarding school era- i picture posh girls behaving badly 

moving to nyc- the journey to creating a family of friends

singer/songwriter- soft innocent music

cult- vulnerable and preyed upon

rock era- singing it in rock scene and groupie love 

arkansas mystery- bonnie and clyde roadtrip getaway 

35 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Maybe Gwyneth Paltrow as Patty because she seems pretty insufferable (not that we have any evidence that Patty is insufferable, but I feel like she'd be the "villian" of the series because Lala doesn't get along with her)

Gerald can play himself because he's hot despite being extremely sleazy, and I'd want him on the set just for entertainment

Ooh Christian Bale as Ben because they're both angry and British

I also want Keanu Reeves; I don't even know who he'd play but I want him there so I'd just make up a role for him

wait christian bale is british??:oprah2: hes so hot i watch batman at least once a week

11 minutes ago, 99centlips said:

there’s so much you can do

boarding school era- i picture posh girls behaving badly 

moving to nyc- the journey to creating a family of friends

singer/songwriter- soft innocent music

cult- vulnerable and preyed upon

rock era- singing it in rock scene and groupie love 

arkansas mystery- bonnie and clyde roadtrip getaway

Cha Cha Matcha and Live Laugh Love era

I need to cast the rest of her boyfriends lemme think ...

Barrie: Kit Harington

Spoiler

kit-harrington-matt-martin-06.jpg

Francesco: Lorenzo Richelmy

Spoiler

Lorenzo-Richelmy.jpg

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

uhh can we also have Jimmy Gnecco played by Matthew Mcconaughey?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I'd really be down for all of this but what I really think they could do was like a miniseries w/ 6-ish episodes (1h each, aprox.) about every album.

Something that had her telling how was creating each album along w/ the producers and never-seen-before footage from BTS for some music videos (the whole shooting process + after production + bloopers/reels).

Intro: Lizzy Grant vs Lana Del Rey (30-40 min. "episode")

Elizabeth Grant, known by her stage name Lana Del Rey, and previously known as Lizzy Grant or May Jailer (and many others), speaks on pre-fame, way before her single Video Games became viral and talks about her very first studio album, Lana Del Ray, under the stage name Lizzy Grant, as well as some of her previous projects. Special Guests: David Kahne & Bob Leone.

Episode 1: The Revenge of Lana Del Rey

Lana Del Rey speaks on how she wrote her debut album, Born To Die, the meaning behind some of its tracks and her inspirations. She discusses the success of Video Games and how she edited the viral video. Never-seen-before BTS footage is featured. Special Guests: Emile Haynie, Dan Heath, Rick Nowels & Chris Braide.

Episode 2: Body Electric - Destroyed by Madness

Del Rey speaks on the reissue of her debut album, Born to Die: The Paradise Edition, along with her intent to do a short film containing some of the songs from the EP. She discusses some of her inspirations such as beat poets and Whitman. Never-seen-before BTS footage is featured. Special Guests: Anthony Mandler, Dan Heath & Tim Larcombe.

Episode 3: Deadly Nightshade - Beautiful yet Poisonous 

Del Rey talks about her writing process on her sophomore album, Utraviolence, the meaning behind the tracks and how meeting Dan Auerbach shifted the whole project - previously titled Melancholia. She also addresses controversy related to the album and the infamous quote, "I wish I was dead already". Never-seen-before BTS footage is featured as well as two unreleased tracks, Trans Am and Melancholia. Special Guests: Dan Auerbach & Rick Nowels.

Episode 4:  Dreaming Away Your Life

Del Rey speaks on her third album, Honeymoon, the way she started writing and recording right after her sophomore album was released. She also talks about the album's early concept, Music To Watch Boys To, as well as its video. She discusses why she chose the photo her sister, Chuck Grant, took of her and not the one originally intended for the cover. Never-seen-before BTS footage is featured. Special Guests: Neil Krug, Chuck Grant & Jake Nava.

Episode 5: From Death to Life - the Pursuit of Happiness

Del Rey talks about the parallel between her debut album, Born To Die, and her fourth album, Lust For Life. She addresses how the political landscape shaped, and also shifted, the album, and how she had the urge to make a statement through her music. She also speaks on working with Rich Lee, director of Love, Lust for Life and White Mustang's videos. Never-seen-before BTS footage is featured as well as some unreleased tracks. Special Guests: Rich Lee, Rick Nowels, The Weeknd, ASAP Rocky, Sean Lennon and Stevie Nicks.

Episode 6: Happy in Blue

Del Rey starts by addressing the writer's block she went through on writing Norman Fucking Rockwell!, the follow-up album to Lust For Life. She speaks on meeting Jack Antonoff, the inspirations behind the title-track and how she started to write poetry in the midst of crafting the album. Never-seen-before BTS footage is featured. Special Guests: Jack Antonoff, Rich Lee & Rick Nowels.

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

16 minutes ago, vodkaa said:

ironically, it'd have to be some comedienne, or else they'd just get swallowed by Lana's persona. that or like a subdued Kim Kardashian when u think about it. 

Am I crazy to think that Margot Robbie would actually pull it off? :runs:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

I want Sarah Paulson to play Lana in her mid 40s :hooker: Otherwise I believe that Anne Hathaway as Lana would be a win, because she has the range to either go completely bonkers or keep it real and tbh I just love her.

Let's get Robert Redford for Robert Grant, while we're at it :delicious:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????