Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

edit: nvm, found it  :P

just remembered out of the blue - i remember hearing on instagram a year / year and a half ago a snippet of a lizzy era song that sounded a little like "jimmys gonna buy me a coca cola," sounded like a demo / acapella. what was the title of this and did it ever get leaked?

tumblr_inline_p7g3g992X51rujz3w_250.gif

Y'all probably gonna drag me, but this demo is way better than the final version, the unedited vocals are proof that she was upset or angry when she recorded this, and the original production made it a bop (though its cheapy and messy)

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

read a post on this artists tumblr that i check up on that said, i quote, "Not to be sexist I just highly doubt Lana Del Rey lived in a trailer park djdkd her dad is a literal millionaire and i bet she just said that to build her image." i sent them the video of the 2008 lizzy grant interview, of her walking around the park... they replied back "ok so? i legit dont care."

if you... dont... care....... why did you make the post... you were obviously bothered  :toofunny: when youre wrong youre just wrong, thats how it is

tumblr is wild sometimes. (all the time)

tumblr_inline_p7g3g992X51rujz3w_250.gif

I don't have G&M on my iPod for some reasons (only have incompatible CD rips urgh) and I don't have any streaming devices on it and I only keep my music on my hard drive to save place for my huge uni work files when G&M is by far my fav song from Para / one of my fav Lana songs and it's actually amazing because I listen to it very rarely and when I do it feels like the first each time. C*m explosion. I like it a bit less but same for Cola

ZKcaooE.png

edit: nvm, found it :P

just remembered out of the blue - i remember hearing on instagram a year / year and a half ago a snippet of a lizzy era song that sounded a little like "jimmys gonna buy me a coca cola," sounded like a demo / acapella. what was the title of this and did it ever get leaked?

My Song 57 and it leaked in August. It’s on Honeymouns’ YouTube channel

Edit: I just saw that u found it omao

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Never in a billion years I thought I would get a Lana reference by clicking on this video omfg  :rip:  :rip:  :rip:  :rip:  :rip: At 4:56 And I cannot BELIEVE that out of all songs it was THIS ONE and I cannot BELIEVE how long it took me to figure it was this one

@@Clampigirl girl

ZKcaooE.png

@@annedauphine Lmaaoooo I forgot how easily you died at the beginning!! :lmao: (and in such hilarious ways! I remember seeing a gif of Link shield surging, it broke and he dies lmao)

And THAT WAS SO ME at 2:00 with the guardian in the park, I was literally hiding behind the fountain and tree!! xD Aaaand I accidentally fell down at the same place at 4:00 and my horse died and I felt so terribly bad that I had to go back an auto save because I didn’t want to face the Horse God and be judged lol.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Elle magazine has a game on Youtube ("Song association") where singers have to sing a song within 10 seconds, containing the word the staff shows them... I think it'd be really interesting if Lana played the game as well just to see what kind of songs she would remember and listen to.

For example:

they'd literally give her one of her songs and she'd forget it

"sing a song with venice in the title"

*blanks out for 2 minutes*

"sing a song with yosemite in the title"

[insert Trisha Paytas crying]

https://web.archive.org/web/20121012073116/http://mubi.com:80/topics/lana-del-rey-auteur

Thanks to the Wayback Machine, I managed to pull up an essay I wrote on Lana back in October of 2012 on the film forum MUBI (now shutdown.) I thought this piece was lost forever, so I'm super glad I stumbled on it, but I have ​absolutely nobody to share it with who would even care about it or want to read it so I'm sharing it with you guys.  :hooker: