Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

i'm listening to i talk to jesus...when did she live in alabama?? i thought it was new york/new jersey and then california? her past confuses me. 

was there ever any sort of confirmation on this, or what it just speculation? cause i always thought she had one leading up to born to die through the uv era

the only times I heard her say ed-ish things are once in an interview that she said something like "I dont eat, usually I'm on my maple syrup lemonade diet, but when I do its junk food" and the "pro-ana nation, do drugs to stop the food cravings" line in boarding school. 

the only times I heard her say ed-ish things are once in an interview that she said something like "I dont eat, usually I'm on my maple syrup lemonade diet, but when I do its junk food" and the "pro-ana nation, do drugs to stop the food cravings" line in boarding school. 

yeah, i saw a couple pics from around BTD era (the motorcycle shoot and some other one i can't identify) when she looked...well, very very skinny. we know she was dealing with drugs, depression, and the pressures of fame at this time, so an ed is not hard to imagine. personally i do believe she had one. let's just say i empathize with that predicament, so it makes me happy to see her appear to be recovered. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

After listening to the other version of I Talk to Jesus that surfaced today, I hope we get some organs and dark churchy synths on some of the songs on this record. I think it’s a possibility as there could be some religious lyrical motifs throughout this album to explore darker personal themes. The lyrics from the Tulsa Jesus Freak snippet are an example so far and I think it would be really fitting if we got some church-choir harmonies and chords somewhere in that particular song.

What's going on with that, the thread was taken down and I barely heard anything about it. Is it fake? Where did it surface?

What's going on with that, the thread was taken down and I barely heard anything about it. Is it fake? Where did it surface?

I think it’s confirmed real as the first version made and it was posted on here, I think someone posted a link in the original thread made when the second version surfaced last week. Try checking there! :)

It's not fake, I just don't get why there's no post in Audio section about it

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

It's not fake, I just don't get why there's no post in Audio section about it

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/11661-leak-i-talk-to-jesus-demo/

^ The thread were I first saw it was on the homepage! :)

Back on topic: that "insider" said that the info they shared that was to be taken with a grain of salt were just rumours among traders and that an announcement is coming Wednesday. Hopefully that part is true!

i once had a dream me and lana did a ride-share together in the back of a van and she was mean to me, i remember not listening to her music for weeks afterwards :awkney:

:lmao:

GUYS!!!!

please vote for lana here http://www.mtv.com/vma/vote/ she is under the alternative category

she is currently in 2nd place behind twenty one pilots with 29% of the votes (they have 33%) please vote vote vote and let her get her first vma!! keep putting in random emails! you dont need to confirm anything!

people glamorize drug addictions way too much and the fact that she still sings about drugs just not in the same way proves people really can't appreciate women in the industry once they've reached a certain age it's so gross 

imagine if she was still doing all that, it would be embarrassing and show no growth for her as an artist

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Maybe someone should make a thread for LDR albums as _____ so this thread doesn't get clogged up w all of this.. :awkney:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I'm watching 50 First Dates right now and Drew Barrymore reminds me so much of Lana, especially with her current hair colour. They look and act so similarly imo.

They're both so cute and beautiful!

For me the anticipation now is much worse than for nfr. Last year at this point we had singles, cover art, tracklist, trailer, snippets, confirmed date and two singles coming so i kinda knew what to expect. Now we have nothing, we dont even know if its coming on sept 5. That suspence is so much worse

Nah, last year was worse. People weren’t sure if she had canceled shows or not, she had teased basically all of Cinnamon, had us waiting for nearly a full year between the releases of MAC and VB and the album release day, used LQ selfies for VB and hope cover arts... Just a lot of uncertainty, fans literally had to look for answers ourselves. Still remember how some even went as far and contacted Abigail Rockwell to ask if the Rockwell estate had a problem with the album title. This era is so much more chill compared to last year. All we do now is complaining about her relationship with the cop, about the Violet who never seemed to be released and that she hasn’t said anything more for a week. (Or at least that’s how I’m feeling) When we finally got everything we needed to know about NFR!, everything went so fast. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I got a new “random” item to bring into this even though it’s not random.

1. Do you think that Lana should formally endorse Joe Biden for President? We know she has influence amongst her fans so perhaps she could do some good by making a formal endorsement.

My opinion? It’s up to Lana. We all know she is not a fan of Donald Trump, so at this point it can be assumed that she backs Joe Biden. If she chooses to formally endorse Biden, I think it would be best to do it after he has named his running mate, so that means sometime during the convention. We know that plenty of other celebrities will use social media during the convention to throw their support behind Biden.

Personally I don’t think celebrity endorsements have much of an impact on these races, but they can have some kind of impact. Even a minor impact is enough to make a difference in key swing states. We know that artists have an impact on culture and help to shape the American cultural identity which is why I can understand when a celebrity does decide to state a political view. Whether I agree or not is besides the point.

Perhaps Lana could also offer up “Looking for America” for the Biden campaign to use. I think it would be a very fitting song for this election. But again, it’s all up to Lana.

Nah, last year was worse. People weren’t sure if she had canceled shows or not, she had teased basically all of Cinnamon, had us waiting for nearly a full year between the releases of MAC and VB and the album release day, used LQ selfies for VB and hope cover arts... Just a lot of uncertainty, fans literally had to look for answers ourselves. Still remember how some even went as far and contacted Abigail Rockwell to ask if the Rockwell estate had a problem with the album title. This era is so much more chill compared to last year. All we do now is complaining about her relationship with the cop, about the Violet who never seemed to be released and that she hasn’t said anything more for a week. (Or at least that’s how I’m feeling) When we finally got everything we needed to know about NFR!, everything went so fast. :)

Did anyone actually mind about the cover artworks for singles being selfies? That's kinda ridiculous, as if something more professional would have made the wait any less tedious.