COLACNT

Random Lana Discussion

34 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

my bestie and i often have what we call "drunken lana nights" where we stay in, get super wasted and listen to a tonne of lana - but because we usually stream from spotify to our speaker, we tend to miss out a tonne of amazing unreleased tracks that i really love and really want her to hear and get into since she's a fan but not a full blown stan like me! im gonna be burning a few CDs of lana unreleased stuff (each one hopefully with a different vibe) to listen to on our next drunken lana night, and it got me thinking...

which unreleased songs do you guys consider to be "essential" unreleased lana tracks? i feel like there's obvious ones like YCBTB, serial killer, life is beautiful, the entire AKA album, angels forever.... what else do you guys consider essential?

and separate question: do you guys have any suggestions for unreleased lana tracks my bestie might enjoy? (there are so many of them i lose track and will def miss a few :flop:) her fav lana songs are: art deco, brooklyn baby, venice bitch, carmen, without you, bartender, west coast and shades of cool!

i'd also add pin up galore, wild on you/color blue, is this happiness, i don't wanna go, and living legend, and thunder

That's my why no matter what world i'm in
I'm accessible by only one satellite 

42 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

i'd also add pin up galore, wild on you/color blue, is this happiness, i don't wanna go, and living legend, and thunder

pin up galore is another of my absolute fav lana tracks :oprah: i definitely feel like thunder will soon be accepted into the pantheon of essential lana tracks, no only cause its a fan favourite but also cause it reflects such a particular era in lana's artistic life that we didn't even get full access to - that being the alex turner and miles kane album era ofc... so interesting

Wq9zHLl.jpg

6 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

my bestie and i often have what we call "drunken lana nights" where we stay in, get super wasted and listen to a tonne of lana - but because we usually stream from spotify to our speaker, we tend to miss out a tonne of amazing unreleased tracks that i really love and really want her to hear and get into since she's a fan but not a full blown stan like me! im gonna be burning a few CDs of lana unreleased stuff (each one hopefully with a different vibe) to listen to on our next drunken lana night, and it got me thinking...

which unreleased songs do you guys consider to be "essential" unreleased lana tracks? i feel like there's obvious ones like YCBTB, serial killer, life is beautiful, the entire AKA album, angels forever.... what else do you guys consider essential?

and separate question: do you guys have any suggestions for unreleased lana tracks my bestie might enjoy? (there are so many of them i lose track and will def miss a few :flop:) her fav lana songs are: art deco, brooklyn baby, venice bitch, carmen, without you, bartender, west coast and shades of cool!

This sounds amazing! You're lucky to have a friend like that! 

It sounds like they like the softer chill songs, so from AKA: Kill Kill, Mermaid Motel, also You're Gonna Love Me, Wild On You, Cherry Blossom, Life is Beautiful, Trash Magic, Fine China, Yes To Heaven, You & Me, Big Bad Wolf.

Some demos too: Freak Like Me, Lust for Life, Lolita. 

Also, do they know Big Eyes and I Can Fly? 

6 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

After the ones you and other people said I also like  TV in Black & White, Velvet Crowbar and On Our Way which I dont think were mentioned.

3 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

just found out artists have cards with their stage name :awk:

wouldn't it make sense to use your real name so it doesn't come up on receipts like this? do banks let you do this if it's not your legal name? i have so many questions