COLACNT

Random Lana Discussion

1 hour ago, lostindarkparadise said:

:magikarp:

i am LOVING all these Texas Lana pics tbh, she is looking so cute/gorgeous, chill, and happy :blush3:

That's my why no matter what world i'm in
I'm accessible by only one satellite 

I always found it odd that those journalists who wrote the think pieces attempted to discredit Lana’s artistic authenticity because her father was wealthy. Like she debuted as this glamorous hollywood starlet that used castles and mansions in the hamptons as props. If anything, coming from money would have made her seem more authentic to her art considering the shtick she was trying to play up

18 minutes ago, MagdaleneRay said:

I always found it odd that those journalists who wrote the think pieces attempted to discredit Lana’s artistic authenticity because her father was wealthy. Like she debuted as this glamorous hollywood starlet that used castles and mansions in the hamptons as props. If anything, coming from money would have made her seem more authentic to her art considering the shtick she was trying to play up

Ikr, and she was always pretty open about how she got by. She still worked waitress jobs (was that just to help out her relatives?) and was open about choosing to live in the trailer park. 

I think the only time she claimed to not have much money was when banks was calling her out about lip injections or something, and she said she wasnt even able to afford it :toofunny: that, I still don't know the truth of tbh 

33 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Ikr, and she was always pretty open about how she got by. She still worked waitress jobs (was that just to help out her relatives?) and was open about choosing to live in the trailer park. 

I think the only time she claimed to not have much money was when banks was calling her out about lip injections or something, and she said she wasnt even able to afford it :toofunny: that, I still don't know the truth of tbh 

she definitely got lip injections lmao. the before and after pics were even found and it looked like a 2010-2011 Lana 

Not Lana wearing a vintage wool coat from The Hudson's Bay :hdu:

Canadian Queen. :wub:

f6FbHvt.jpg

Mais les vrais voyageurs sont ceux-là seuls qui partent. Pour partir, coeurs légers, semblables aux ballons. De leur fatalité jamais ils ne s'écartent. Et, sans savoir pourquoi, disent toujours : Allons !

2 hours ago, MagdaleneRay said:

spill! people say she formed her persona and aesthetic around being a poor girl from the trailer park but the born to die video was literally filmed at a french chateau and she had tigers sitting next to her. i don’t think she ever said she came from a low class background and she wasn’t even relevant when she was living in the trailer park so it didn’t add anything to her persona at all 

i honestly couldn't care less if the "trailer park" aesthetic was a little contrived because i feel like for her, it was something that made her happy, and it was geniune for her, and honestly we have no idea if there was anything going on in her personal life that led her to that particular setting. i really connect to that era of her artistry so much, it's very unique and inspiring, and i can resonate with it quite a lot. 

however i can totally understand why the idea of a wealthy person choosing to live in a trailer park can be a little off-putting.

it's actually really interesting to see how her musical style and her aesthetic has changed and developed over the course of her career, i definitely think she shaped the kitschy trailer park darling aesthetic based around coney island, vintage americana, and just being interested in something different and a little unorthodox, she definitely added her own twist to it.

~ * i'm his favorite hymn but he sang them all * ~

7 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i honestly couldn't care less if the "trailer park" aesthetic was a little contrived because i feel like for her, it was something that made her happy, and it was geniune for her, and honestly we have no idea if there was anything going on in her personal life that led her to that particular setting. i really connect to that era of her artistry so much, it's very unique and inspiring, and i can resonate with it quite a lot. 

however i can totally understand why the idea of a wealthy person choosing to live in a trailer park can be a little off-putting.

it's actually really interesting to see how her musical style and her aesthetic has changed and developed over the course of her career, i definitely think she shaped the kitschy trailer park darling aesthetic based around coney island, vintage americana, and just being interested in something different and a little unorthodox, she definitely added her own twist to it.

it’s true, we have no idea how she ended up in that situation. it could’ve been an experience to humble herself or maybe something happened with her parents forbidding her to come back home idk. LDRAKALG has so much personality to it and that lifestyle definitely influenced it, the grittiness and kitschy aspects of the record really make it special. 

i didnt even know youre supposed to tip baristas in the US :toofunny: 

im sorry for all the starbucks employees who served me in the states over the past few yesrs

Lana once called me sweetheart so that's that

9 hours ago, new gods said:

she did always seem quite alone in the industry, her only true celebrity friend was azealia banks up until like 2015, i think that's when they fell out, she was also close with jaime king but we never really saw her have too many friends that she constantly hung out with. 

Their friendship was cute, to be honest I wish we got a proper collab :delish:

NINTCHDBPICT000440659639.jpg?strip=all&w

I remember when Azealia tweeted that she was listening to Lana’s leaked song Noir and there was rumours that the song was gonna be reworked with an Azealia feature lol

10 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

Even if Twitter “cancels” her it’s not like it matters - the opinions of fake-woke, logical-fallacy committing teenagers who promote acceptance and inclusivity and then turn around and body-shame/dehumanize women while also being selective in who they “cancel”, aren’t valid. Period. 

as if she doesn't deserve to be canceled, considering she never owned up to the shit she did. her huge fanbase that doesn't care about any issues regarding race or covid and who are far up her ass will save her at the end of the day no worries

16 minutes ago, lizyyygrant said:

as if she doesn't deserve to be canceled, considering she never owned up to the shit she did. her huge fanbase that doesn't care about any issues regarding race or covid and who are far up her ass will save her at the end of the day no worries

I agree about her ignorance about covid (to an extent, she's aware about the importance of proper masks since she wore one in multiple occasions, I think she's just dumb)... but not about racial issues. Does she deserve to be "canceled" just because she mentioned some artists who happen to be black in a instagram post? (also Ariana Grande and Camila Cabello are not black, so race was never the point of that rant)

Meanwhile other singers (one of them was even listed in that infamous post) who made openly racist and homophobic comments on twitter or Instagram live or whatever and were also proven to attend incels neon*zi meetings on chat are currently collabing with Alisters and are played everywhere...

Cancel culture is pure bullshit and its double standards are obvious.

Lanarat.png

1 minute ago, Fart Deco said:

Meanwhile other singers (one of them was even listed in that infamous post) who made openly racist and homophobic comments on twitter or Instagram live or whatever and were also proven to attend incels neon*zi meetings on chat are currently collabing with Alisters and are played everywhere...

The Tinychat and racist allegations against Doja Cat were debunked a long time ago. It’s odd because you’re complaining about “bullshit cancel culture” but when a black girl gets unfairly cancelled you’re quick to jump on that train :flop:

5 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

I agree about her ignorance about covid (to an extent, she's aware about the importance of proper masks since she wore one in multiple occasions, I think she's just dumb)... but not about racial issues. Does she deserve to be "canceled" just because she mentioned some artists who happen to be black in a instagram post? (also Ariana Grande and Camila Cabello are not black, so race was never the point of that rant)

Cancel culture is pure bullshit and its double standards are obvious.

It was more the fact that she seems to believe that she had it harder than women like Beyonce, which is a joke. As a Black woman, Beyonce has had to deal with shit that Lala, as a white woman, has never had to deal with. Therein lies the cringe.

Sis is ignorant af. Do I think she deserves to be cancelled? No, because human beings are imperfect creatures and cancel culture is garbage truck juice, but it would be nice if Lala would stop living in, well, Lala Land.

I still love her music and I don't think she's inherently a bad person, but she's 35 and it's time to stop reading Women Running with fucking Wolves or whatever the fuck, and educate herself on important matters.

:agree:

Thanks for buying me my meal at Denny's and my shit at Home Depot. Thanks for that, kids. Luv ya

Just now, Tulips said:

The Tinychat and racist allegations against Doja Cat were debunked a long time ago. It’s odd because you’re complaining about “bullshit cancel culture” but when a black girl gets unfairly cancelled you’re quick to jump on that train :flop:

If it was debunked, why did she apologize for it? :flop:

And don't try to play this game with me... the fact that doja is a black girl has nothing to do with it.

Also I wasn't hopping on any cancel train since as I said I don't believe in it, I was just talking about the double standards of it just because Doja is trendy now.

Be careful when you pull the racism card on someone you don't know.

Lanarat.png

12 minutes ago, Tulips said:

the way you CLEARED her. that deserves a round of applause 

5 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

If it was debunked, why did she apologize for it? :flop:

And don't try to play this game with me... the fact that doja is a black girl has nothing to do with it.

Also I wasn't hopping on any cancel train since as I said I don't believe in it, I was just talking about the double standards of it just because Doja is trendy now.

Be careful when you pull the racism card on someone you don't know.

She never really “apologised”, she literally denied it lol.

If you see her two statements about it (the Instagram live video where she addressed everything + that written statement she posted on her social medias) she was explicitly saying that the allegations were fake.

When the allegations came out I was quick to be suspicious of Doja, but after I watched her live she totally convinced me she’s innocent and I think the majority of people moved on after that incident.