COLACNT

Random Lana Discussion

17 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

The main sound I wish Lana would dive into is psychedelic rock. I need that raw sound of guitars and drums with a really vibey and chill atmosphere that is different from other sub-genres of rock. 

Something that channels and expands on these:

- Hallucinogenics

- Living with myself

- Venice Bitch

- MAC

- Ultraviolence

- Shades of Cool

- Freak Like Me demo

- Guns and Roses (don't @ me) 

- Weight of Love by The Black Keys (makes me realise Dan Auerback nearly got her to go there completely :defeated: come back Dan!)

- Even something soft and pure like Angels Forever 

So yeah she's already done this scattered throughout her discography, but a whole album of just this would be perfect and there's no way it could go wrong. And a lot of this can be really close to folk. I think it's mainly the way she delivers the vocals that changes whether it's folkish or psychedelic if that makes sense. 

I get what ur saying, and YES Guns n Roses but. I'd have to disagree w u on the psych rock record. I think saturating the sound into one record'd really lessen the tracks' overall values in the long run. easier for the critics to dissect to death, and fans to lose interest in then. I think it'd be a lot more magical if she just continued spreading them out, maybe clumped a few tracks like, 2-3 for a record or so at most, and maybe just put out singles/ double singles or something regarding this. 

something tells me that too much of this sound'd just take away the mystique of it, and I personally'd think it wouldn't be a hand she'd have to play so upfront. 

like yessss that'd be amazing, but imo, it'd sorta just take away if she didn't lessen, or rather pace it. maybe like a background-ish theme/ in different saturations would maybe work best in the middle. 

* glittering and psychedelic * ~ 171BXW3.gif

3 hours ago, vodkaa said:

I get what ur saying, and YES Guns n Roses but. I'd have to disagree w u on the psych rock record. I think saturating the sound into one record'd really lessen the tracks' overall values in the long run. easier for the critics to dissect to death, and fans to lose interest in then. I think it'd be a lot more magical if she just continued spreading them out, maybe clumped a few tracks like, 2-3 for a record or so at most, and maybe just put out singles/ double singles or something regarding this. 

something tells me that too much of this sound'd just take away the mystique of it, and I personally'd think it wouldn't be a hand she'd have to play so upfront. 

like yessss that'd be amazing, but imo, it'd sorta just take away if she didn't lessen, or rather pace it. maybe like a background-ish theme/ in different saturations would maybe work best in the middle. 

Maybe you're right because look what Ultraviolence and BTD did to us, we can never shut up about wanting her to go back to either a rock/jazz sound or a full-enormous-production sound :toofloppy:

And I have gotten so excited when something like Hallucinogenics or a rock-sounding demo makes an appearance, maybe its more worth it when they are spaced out!

do y'all separately label your Lizzy/Lana material, or keep it all together?

I started separating Lizzy material a few years back, and it just feels so right :legend:

* ~ * ~ pick you up a sno-cone, four-leaf clover, you can call me softcore ~ * ~ *

15 minutes ago, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

I started separating Lizzy material a few years back, and it just feels so right :legend:

I mostly keep it all together because I don’t have the mental energy to go thru and organize. Would be a nice thing though! 

On an unrelated note I have a newfound obsession with Angels Forever Forever Angels, especially its bridge. SERVE SOME BRIDGE TEAS ON COCC KWEEN MOTHER. OOOOF ITS SO GOOD ITS ON REPLAY 

giphy.gif

source.gif

27 minutes ago, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

i dont :deadbanana: 

everything i have is labeled under lana del rey, i've actually curated a very well organized, yet easy to understand collection for myself and i'm honestly quite proud of it.

also, a related question for everyone, do you consider ldrakalg as 2008 or 2010? although it was technically released in 2010, i have it under 2008. 

~ * i'm his favorite hymn but he sang them all * ~

i have ldrakalg under lizzy grant and the year 2010

i have two unreleased collections, one is everything pre 2011 debut and then a post debut collection which is everything recorded 2012 onwards

i have everything under ldr 

aka separate album obvs 

i have btd demos separate 

and then i have 6 unreleased albums from 2012 and before. and then i have each released album separate “extras” with demos or other songs from that era

i definitely have some songs that i don’t know where to put tho 

Because there has to be a place for women like me:

Gentle :sadcore5:

Soft :thirst:

Beautiful :lanahairflip2:

Cis :um2:

Thin :lanahottie:

Able-bodied :grinds: 

Private-school educated :typewriter:

Wealthy :holla:

and Delicate :sadcore6:

This post is for comedic purposes only. Persons who have not seen the YouTube video Fragile White Sadness, of which is pure art, may not be able to grasp the type of humour that is expressed in this post. Please refrain from criticising this post if your level of background knowledge is limited.

For my unreleased collection, I have them all categorized in iTunes as “Lana Del Rey” as the album artist, with changes in artist as follows: 

Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant (2010, under Lana Del Ray)

Sirens - under May Jailer

Young Like Me EP - under Elizabeth Grant

The Unreleased Collection - 2005/2006 under Elizabeth Grant

The Unreleased Collection - 2007 under Lizzy Grant

The Unreleased Collection - 2008 under Lizzy Grant

The Unreleased Collection - 2009 under Lana Del Rey

The Unreleased Collection - 2010 under Lana Del Rey

The Unreleased Collection - 2011 under Lana Del Rey

The Unreleased Collection - 2012 under Lana Del Rey

The Unreleased Collection - 2012 under Lana Del Rey

The Unreleased Collection - 2013/2014 under Lana Del Rey

The Unreleased Collection - 2015 under Lana Del Rey

The Unreleased Collection - 2016/2017 under Lana Del Rey

“The Unreleased Collection” albums’ tracks are organized in different discs based on producer. For the album covers, I put a photo of Lana from that year with her name and the title in the same font used on her official records that came out the same year!

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

Love this! We have the same 2015 album art <3

that's really cool! i think that photo is perfect for that year! :) i actually chose that picture before serene queen even leaked because i know it would fit perfectly with the vibe of the song.

2 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

that's really cool! i think that photo is perfect for that year! :) i actually chose that picture before serene queen even leaked because i know it would fit perfectly with the vibe of the song.

Omg same! To me, the sultriness of it really captures the Honeymoon demos, the first two LFL demos, LiB, and Serene Queen! :flutter:

13 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Omg same! To me, the sultriness of it really captures the Honeymoon demos, the first two LFL demos, LiB, and Serene Queen! :flutter:

it's a great photo of her, it's quite witchy, in my opinion :diva: 

i didn't feel like showing these because they're out of order when i search them but oh well :heidi: 

demo

i also absolutely adore the cover art i chose for the paradise live album :diva: 

paradise

6 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

it's a great photo of it, it's quite witchy, in my opinion :diva: 

i didn't feel like showing these because they're out of order when i search them but oh well :heidi: 

demo

i also absolutely adore the cover art i chose for the paradise live album :diva: 

paradise

I love the photos you chose! The Paradise live album cover is iconic - I love that some of her 2013 European tour dates echoed the Ride video’s glamour, particularly the lip synch scenes of her on stage. The photo you chose is perfect!:trisha:

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I love the photos you chose! The Paradise live album cover is iconic - I love that some of her 2013 European tour dates echoed the Ride video’s glamour, particularly the lip synch scenes of her on stage. The photo you chose is perfect!:trisha:

aww thank you so much, i'm glad you like them! :flutter: 

23 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Maybe you're right because look what Ultraviolence and BTD did to us, we can never shut up about wanting her to go back to either a rock/jazz sound or a full-enormous-production sound :toofloppy:

And I have gotten so excited when something like Hallucinogenics or a rock-sounding demo makes an appearance, maybe its more worth it when they are spaced out!

Like, with NFR, it's more of, surf, but then she incorporates different subtypes so things don't get too repetitive, yeah I was just about to mention something similar with how BTD's sort of very well packaged into something of hip hop, and now bc she's already done those, it's either overhyped, or overproduced, and just very easy to pigeonhole. HM was pretty, I want to say HM was pretty jazzy, but I just think of the drama and soaked heaviness it had. I wish she wouuuld too. I feel like maybe she'd want to do something like that for a movie collaboration album or something. but she seems pretty comfortable now nestling in her coming into woman goddess vibes, so I can't really complain. I really think she's becoming more and more of her own artist w every record she puts out, and all I see, is. this self-assured, at least when it comes to music, woman doing what she wants and when she wants. she's such a rockstar in that way and I LOVE it

honestly tho, a rich whores, boom like that pop record? disco? i'd get chills hahahahahahaha, but if anything, we get a little bit of everything w her, it's just that we gotta wait a bit longer than usual but. and that works for her, but when she does, it lasts a really long time.and oh yeah, the other thing about her spacing things out is mm the oversaturation of her stuff. it'd be really weird to witness bc we know how her music usually is, so it'd just be strange to let everything simmer together at once, when we know each is a separate plate 

* glittering and psychedelic * ~ 171BXW3.gif