COLACNT

Random Lana Discussion

19 hours ago, Lustformoney said:

i remember reading some interview where she said that Dan made her a demo with a tempo change and she didnt like it at first but finally decided to go with it

Dan is such a king. I need them to work together again

On 11/29/2020 at 8:20 AM, Lustformoney said:

i remember reading some interview where she said that Dan made her a demo with a tempo change and she didnt like it at first but finally decided to go with it

Dan is THAT MAN :smokes2:

tbh idek which Dan you're referring to but they're both where it's at

I don't know why but I have always found this candid picture of Lana from 2014 to be very beautiful. She looked so pretty and demure. :wub:

Leaving_LAX_airport_28August_2229_281529

Mais les vrais voyageurs sont ceux-là seuls qui partent. Pour partir, coeurs légers, semblables aux ballons. De leur fatalité jamais ils ne s'écartent. Et, sans savoir pourquoi, disent toujours : Allons !

3 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

I don't know why but I have always found this candid picture of Lana from 2014 to be very beautiful. She looked so pretty and demure. :wub:

Leaving_LAX_airport_28August_2229_281529

only she can look so fresh faced and pretty before boarding a flight 

I absolutely loved the way Lana styled her hair in early 2018 on the North American LA to the Moon Tour dates. The lob haircut and dark-to-chocolate-brown balayage hair colour made her look so chic. She kind of had this 90s supermodel/60s socialite moment! I love all her hair styles and hair colours (because tbh the real question is, what can she NOT pull off :wub:)  but this one is definitely in my top 5 favourite Lana hairstyles.

Lana+Del+Rey+Lana+Del+Rey+Performs+ConceIMG_1301.jpg00-story-lana-beauty.jpg

9 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I absolutely loved the way Lana styled her hair in early 2018 on the North American LA to the Moon Tour dates. The lob haircut and dark-to-chocolate-brown balayage hair colour made her look so chic. She kind of had this 90s supermodel/60s socialite moment! I love all her hair styles and hair colours (because tbh the real question is, what can she NOT pull off :wub:)  but this one is definitely in my top 5 favourite Lana hairstyles.

Lana+Del+Rey+Lana+Del+Rey+Performs+ConceIMG_1301.jpg00-story-lana-beauty.jpg

The second picture... one of the few times I thought she looked absolutely gorgeous from head to toe during the 'LA To The Moon' tour. :wub:

Her 2018 Grammys look remains unmatched in my book. 

Mais les vrais voyageurs sont ceux-là seuls qui partent. Pour partir, coeurs légers, semblables aux ballons. De leur fatalité jamais ils ne s'écartent. Et, sans savoir pourquoi, disent toujours : Allons !

It irks me that Lana gets vilified for romanticizing things that hogs like Lorde think shouldn’t be romanticized. Obviously they’re entirely different artists and incomparable, but similarly: Lana and Whitney Houston have sung about “Having nothing without you” and “loving you until the end of time”/“I will always love you”.

Like Lorde displays her admiration for Whitney and her lyrics which she captions instagram photos of her bathtub with, but then shat on Lana for writing from the exact same perspective. 

“She’s great, but I listened to that Lana Del Rey record and the whole time I was just thinking it’s so unhealthy for young girls to be listening to, you know: ‘I’m nothing without you,’” Lorde said. “This sort of shirt-tugging, desperate, don’t leave me stuff. That’s not a good thing for young girls, even young people, to hear.”

27 minutes ago, MagdaleneRay said:

It irks me that Lana gets vilified for romanticizing things that hogs like Lorde think shouldn’t be romanticized. Obviously they’re entirely different artists and incomparable, but similarly: Lana and Whitney Houston have sung about “Having nothing without you” and “loving you until the end of time”/“I will always love you”.

Like Lorde displays her admiration for Whitney and her lyrics which she captions instagram photos of her bathtub with, but then shat on Lana for writing from the exact same perspective. 

“She’s great, but I listened to that Lana Del Rey record and the whole time I was just thinking it’s so unhealthy for young girls to be listening to, you know: ‘I’m nothing without you,’” Lorde said. “This sort of shirt-tugging, desperate, don’t leave me stuff. That’s not a good thing for young girls, even young people, to hear.”

I agree. 

This honestly turned me off Lorde back in 2013. I had just bought her album and thought it was great, but I was just kind of put off of it when she started running her mouth about Lana and a lot of other artists back in 2013. This whole discourse of Lana romanticizing and glamourizing abuse/submissive dynamics in relationships, while there is truth to it, I'm honestly annoyed that it ultimately boils down to "it's unhealthy for young girls/women and people in general to listen to that". It irks me because, in my opinion, it just dumbs down her audience–and I think that it's a debatable conclusion.

To me it just make it sounds like every young girls/women that listened to Lana during that time period were all very influenceable/less than smart. It infantilizes them–as if they are not able to discern art/fiction from reality and/or real life situations. To me it very much echoes back to the second part of her QFTC where she questions what are some of the music writers and alt singers alike's true intentions when it came (and comes) to criticize/analyze her work. 

I hope this doesn't come off as disrespectful towards Lana but when I first discovered her and started watching her in interviews she kind of creeped me out. She looked like someone who was hiding something, or like a really dark person. The fact that she would hang out with questionable people and sing about very controversial topics (like romanticizing Lolita) didn't help. That along her music videos made me a little uncomfortable (and that's considering I could listen to, say metal, with no problem. There's just something about modern artists that makes them seem detached/almost "unhuman"). Thankfully I looked past that to discover a really genuine and talented artist. I'm also glad she's kind of become more "wholesome" over the years, even though many think she's transformed into a basic white girl (most people tend to mellow out as they get older either way). However I don't doubt some people in the entertainment industry are... not decent and she has seen/heard some things. But in her more recent work Lana has indicated that she doesn't want to be part of that culture anymore.

2 hours ago, MagdaleneRay said:

i agree! i feel like it's a really silly argument to make, it has such an "art police" vibe, people should be able to write about whatever they want, feeling desperate, submissive, heartbroken, or whatever it may be, is a real feeling and lana shouldn't have to censor herself in order to please anybody, and if people listen to her music and somehow get this idea that abuse is something that's actually beautiful, or feeling incredibly starstruck by someone to the point where it's unhealthy, is something glamourous, that's on their end, not lana's, in today's world, people want to encourage women to be strong, independent, powerful, a leader, etc. and that's great obviously, but they see a woman, like lana, go against that in her art, and they ruthlessly tear her apart, which i think is anti-feminist in itself, a woman can trust and love a man without any constrant or barrier, or a woman can really desire to find love and getting married, being a wife, without being labeled as weak, or brainwashed, lana's art is something i find comfort, enjoyment, and relatability in, so it's really sucky that people want to tear her down for being authentic 

dUuy.gif

dUus.gif

dUuu.gif

12 minutes ago, Slumdog said:

I hope this doesn't come off as disrespectful towards Lana but when I first discovered her and started watching her in interviews she kind of creeped me out. She looked like someone who was hiding something, or like a really dark person. The fact that she would hang out with questionable people and sing about very controversial topics (like romanticizing Lolita) didn't help. That along her music videos made me a little uncomfortable (and that's considering I could listen to, say metal, with no problem. There's just something about modern artists that makes them seem detached/almost "unhuman"). Thankfully I looked past that to discover a really genuine and talented artist. I'm also glad she's kind of become more "wholesome" over the years, even though many think she's transformed into a basic white girl (most people tend to mellow out as they get older either way). However I don't doubt some people in the entertainment industry are... not decent and she has seen/heard some things. But in her more recent work Lana has indicated that she doesn't want to be part of that culture anymore.

I mean she is definitely hiding something and definitely has a sensitivity to something darker, she “took a walk on the wild side” and it’s given her the insight which imo is a large part of her appeal as an artist. Doesn’t mean she has sinister intentions

7 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i agree! i feel like it's a really silly argument to make, it has such an "art police" vibe, people should be able to write about whatever they want, feeling desperate, submissive, heartbroken, or whatever it may be, is a real feeling and lana shouldn't have to censor herself in order to please anybody, and if people listen to her music and somehow get this idea that abuse is something that's actually beautiful, or feeling incredibly starstruck by someone to the point where it's unhealthy, is something glamourous, that's on their end, not lana's, in today's world, people want to encourage women to be strong, independent, powerful, a leader, etc. and that's great obviously, but they see a woman, like lana, go against that in her art, and they ruthlessly tear her apart, which i think is anti-feminist in itself, a woman can trust and love a man without any constrant or barrier, or a woman can really to find love and getting married, being a wife, without being labeled as weak, or brainwashed, lana's art is something i find comfort, enjoyment, and relatability in, so it's really sucky that people want to tear her down for being authentic 

Exactly like I know people will disagree but the total censorship of stuff like pro ana is like not okay. 

An artist should have the freedom to create whatever the fuck they want as long as it is authentic to them. 

Lorde did have a self-righteous attitude when she debuted but she was 16, hopefully she's grown out of it now and if she hasn't at least she's learn to shut up mainly (apart from the time she broke her silence to accuse Kanye of stealing her box :rip:

2 hours ago, MagdaleneRay said:

It's pretty obvious, that Lorde had a different perspective as a teenager, because she possibly lacked the experience. I bet, she'd cringe at herself for saying what she said then. If not, then she's a hypocrite, 'cause Melodrama was all about post-breakup and the loneliness and desperation it can bring. And let's be real, upbeat breakup songs don't help immediately. Mostly when it wasn't in your hands, that the relationship ended. Also because to actually heal there needs to be a time to grieve the loss and partying to thank u, next won't help in that instance.
It's such a strange, confusing and miserable place to be in. Songs like Dark Paradise and Without You may sound desperate and codependent, but capture the feelings at hand so well and actually help get over yourself into a steadier place. What isn't healthy, is wanting to keep on living in that state. Though that's, as previously said, not on Lana.
Obviously talking from the viewpoint of my experiences lol
In the end it's unhealthier to bottle that shit up and pretend everything is fine, which is kinda what this quote implies :awk:

KicUzqq.gif