Jump to content
COLACNT

Random Lana Discussion

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Can he post cock on her account then thx x

Idk how Spotify works for artists but I hope for her sake she didn't have shit queued for release on her account or any shit, because RIP


Thanks for buying me my meal at Denny's and my shit at Home Depot. Thanks for that, kids. Luv ya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

apparently dua Spotify got hacked too... ed needs to change the passwords lmfao 

Yeah that definitely points to Ben or Ed's shit being compromised

Embarrassing


Thanks for buying me my meal at Denny's and my shit at Home Depot. Thanks for that, kids. Luv ya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Idk how Spotify works for artists but I hope for her sake she didn't have shit queued for release on her account or any shit, because RIP

Where's Eclipse when we need him :icant:


My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, new gods said:

is the guitar in put me in a movie a sample of where is my mind by pixies? 

 

Once I was rly drunk in a bar and I heard that song playing and I recognised the guitar and I was like ??? omg are they playing Lizzy Grant in here?? But then I realised it was in fact not Lizzy Grant but instead the Pixies lol. The guitar on PMIAM definitely took inspiration from Where is my Mind, it's very familiar x


49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MagdaleneRay said:

It irks me that Lana gets vilified for romanticizing things that hogs like Lorde think shouldn’t be romanticized. Obviously they’re entirely different artists and incomparable, but similarly: Lana and Whitney Houston have sung about “Having nothing without you” and “loving you until the end of time”/“I will always love you”.


Like Lorde displays her admiration for Whitney and her lyrics which she captions instagram photos of her bathtub with, but then shat on Lana for writing from the exact same perspective. 

 

“She’s great, but I listened to that Lana Del Rey record and the whole time I was just thinking it’s so unhealthy for young girls to be listening to, you know: ‘I’m nothing without you,’” Lorde said. “This sort of shirt-tugging, desperate, don’t leave me stuff. That’s not a good thing for young girls, even young people, to hear.”

 

 

 

The thing is that stupid people don’t know the difference between romanticising and writing about things from a certain point of view. She writes from the perspective of someone who is extremely dependent on their partner. She’s never said “yeah this is brilliant and everyone should strive for a relationship like this”. Again, during the UV era, Lana got shit for “romanticising” domestic abuse. She wrote about it from the perspective of a victim - that doesn’t mean she romanticised it. People love to twist her concepts and make them ugly. Also, it’s so dumb when people say how damaging this is for people to hear. Just because I heard UV doesn’t mean I’m looking for a guy to punch me in the fucking face. Just because I’ve heard OTTR doesn’t mean I’ll kill myself if my bf leaves me. People need to get a grip. It’s just a little story, god damn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Angelic Tropico said:

The thing is that stupid people don’t know the difference between romanticising and writing about things from a certain point of view. She writes from the perspective of someone who is extremely dependent on their partner. She’s never said “yeah this is brilliant and everyone should strive for a relationship like this”. Again, during the UV era, Lana got shit for “romanticising” domestic abuse. She wrote about it from the perspective of a victim - that doesn’t mean she romanticised it. People love to twist her concepts and make them ugly. Also, it’s so dumb when people say how damaging this is for people to hear. Just because I heard UV doesn’t mean I’m looking for a guy to punch me in the fucking face. Just because I’ve heard OTTR doesn’t mean I’ll kill myself if my bf leaves me. People need to get a grip. It’s just a little story, god damn

 

All I wanna say is, from my point of view, the way people romanticised Lana's lyrics on tumblr, etc, is the bad part, not the lyrics themselves. 

It's like, I can watch a movie (e.g. The Virgin Suicides), like it and move on, but seeing it on hundreds of tumblr blogs made me ACTUALLY romanticise the suicides and I hate that, and it still urks me. 

 

Lanas song Lolita is fantastic and one of her most fun, but the song doesn't really romanticise Lolita or age-gap 'relationships' at all. People MADE Lolita be romanticised while using Lana's music and pairing the imagery. At least I never got much into that, thank God. 

Lana's songs being so cinematic and able to be paired with any controversial aesthetic film got her really far in the tumblr, youtube, etc, communities, but that is almost the only reason people see her music as romanticising abuse, suicide, etc. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

 

All I wanna say is, from my point of view, the way people romanticised Lana's lyrics on tumblr, etc, is the bad part, not the lyrics themselves. 

It's like, I can watch a movie (e.g. The Virgin Suicides), like it and move on, but seeing it on hundreds of tumblr blogs made me ACTUALLY romanticise the suicides and I hate that, and it still urks me. 

 

Lanas song Lolita is fantastic and one of her most fun, but the song doesn't really romanticise Lolita or age-gap 'relationships' at all. People MADE Lolita be romanticised while using Lana's music and pairing the imagery. At least I never got much into that, thank God. 

Lana's songs being so cinematic and able to be paired with any controversial aesthetic film got her really far in the tumblr, youtube, etc, communities, but that is almost the only reason people see her music as romanticising abuse, suicide, etc. 

 

I completely agree with the fans romantisicing shit. It’s not Lana’s fault or responsibility if the fans have taken what she said the wrong away. She age restricts her shows and puts parental advisory on her albums so there’s nothing else she can do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^^ i wish all this about whats percieved as "romantasizing" was common sense. just saw some Y.A authors on twitter complain that huckleberry finn is racist and that the great gatsby encourages stalking :lanasrs2:


 157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

 

All I wanna say is, from my point of view, the way people romanticised Lana's lyrics on tumblr, etc, is the bad part, not the lyrics themselves. 

It's like, I can watch a movie (e.g. The Virgin Suicides), like it and move on, but seeing it on hundreds of tumblr blogs made me ACTUALLY romanticise the suicides and I hate that, and it still urks me. 

 

Lanas song Lolita is fantastic and one of her most fun, but the song doesn't really romanticise Lolita or age-gap 'relationships' at all. People MADE Lolita be romanticised while using Lana's music and pairing the imagery. At least I never got much into that, thank God. 

Lana's songs being so cinematic and able to be paired with any controversial aesthetic film got her really far in the tumblr, youtube, etc, communities, but that is almost the only reason people see her music as romanticising abuse, suicide, etc. 

 

I 100% agree! And Lana even shed light on some of this in her NME interview last year when she said something along the lines of not resonating with the ways people characterized her. I always disliked when people would thrust damaging ideals upon Lana as if her music was explicitly advocating for something that was harmful, but I always saw Lana’s work as just honest and true to her life, free of any intentional representation of a larger group - it irked me how people exploited her artistic integrity and vulnerability to feed into their damaging narratives that infantilized and sexualized women, whereas I always found Lana’s catalogue to be raw, real, and honest, which is a strength that empowered women to share their stories - no matter how dark - without the fear of being crucified. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think another issue that lana gets dragged into is the fact that people are quick to label something as toxic rather than understanding that people are human and everyone has done things that are shitty, has said things that are shitty, and has acted shitty. it's repeated behaviors such as manipulation + gaslighting that people seem to not understand are core foundation in what can be truly considered toxic.  

 

not referring to her work glamourizing abuse as some people say. just in general. there's so many actual bad people out there who get away with being bad because they know how to influence others into thinking theyre the good guy and everyone else is trying to villainize them. lana acknowledges her mistakes. people who are not inherently toxic, but have done things that are considered as such, recognize their mistakes and change/apologize. 

 

sorry this is a tangent that i barely brought lana in, but it's something that has been on my mind these last few weeks. anyways, you can argue any artist glamorizes awful things. Miley cyrus glamourizes a victim complex, charli xcx glamorizes drinking and partying 24/7, etc. lana is an easy target because she writes what doesn't fit into what a lot people believe women should write about in 2020. like, god forbid a woman want to love one man forever, or talk about loving someone who was toxic, or being submissive lol. people love to shit on lana, and yet so many find her lyrics relatable because...they are. they're real and raw and show emotions that you're supposed to repress when it comes to relationships, people, yourself, etc


i am that bitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IanadeIrey said:

I 100% agree! And Lana even shed light on some of this in her NME interview last year when she said something along the lines of not resonating with the ways people characterized her. I always disliked when people would thrust damaging ideals upon Lana as if her music was explicitly advocating for something that was harmful, but I always saw Lana’s work as just honest and true to her life, free of any intentional representation of a larger group - it irked me how people exploited her artistic integrity and vulnerability to feed into their damaging narratives that infantilized and sexualized women, whereas I always found Lana’s catalogue to be raw, real, and honest, which is a strength that empowered women to share their stories - no matter how dark - without the fear of being crucified. 

 

Same! I was drawn to her music because she was not afraid to sing about her fears and desires and fantasies (and that made me think about my own), not because it brought me into the world of "daddy issues, nymphets and alcoholism" lmfaaao.

I always knew most of it was exaggerated, but the parts that weren't were very real to her, and I don't think she ever expected to set trends with her life story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2020 at 2:23 PM, Nobody said:

Lorde did have a self-righteous attitude when she debuted but she was 16, hopefully she's grown out of it now and if she hasn't at least she's learn to shut up mainly (apart from the time she broke her silence to accuse Kanye of stealing her box :rip:

 

tbh i'm sure she has i was unbearable at 16 lol


aOaIzH2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Party Favor said:

i think another issue that lana gets dragged into is the fact that people are quick to label something as toxic rather than understanding that people are human and everyone has done things that are shitty, has said things that are shitty, and has acted shitty. it's repeated behaviors such as manipulation + gaslighting that people seem to not understand are core foundation in what can be truly considered toxic.  

 

not referring to her work glamourizing abuse as some people say. just in general. there's so many actual bad people out there who get away with being bad because they know how to influence others into thinking theyre the good guy and everyone else is trying to villainize them. lana acknowledges her mistakes. people who are not inherently toxic, but have done things that are considered as such, recognize their mistakes and change/apologize. 

 

sorry this is a tangent that i barely brought lana in, but it's something that has been on my mind these last few weeks. anyways, you can argue any artist glamorizes awful things. Miley cyrus glamourizes a victim complex, charli xcx glamorizes drinking and partying 24/7, etc. lana is an easy target because she writes what doesn't fit into what a lot people believe women should write about in 2020. like, god forbid a woman want to love one man forever, or talk about loving someone who was toxic, or being submissive lol. people love to shit on lana, and yet so many find her lyrics relatable because...they are. they're real and raw and show emotions that you're supposed to repress when it comes to relationships, people, yourself, etc

 

fuck yeah fuck yeah fuck yeah. hit the nail on the head. 

 

it's storytelling. no one should assume that because an artist talks about something, it means they support it. 

 

anyways, stream Little Girls by Oingo Boingo


tumblr_p2ryh6R3dD1ugg9q1o1_250.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it needs to be "Lana was right and Lorde was wrong", though. 

Afaik Lorde never outright said that Lana was glamourising abuse - she said that she didn't think it was very healthy for young girls to be listening to some of that content, and given the way people have taken said content and twisted it, she was correct. For example, I've seen statuses on this very site from really young girls saying how they want a sugar daddy who buys them drugs  "like Lana" (no judgment, but yeah).

I'm not saying that this twisting is Lana's fault (or that it wouldn't have happened anyway) but Lorde wasn't really wrong, imo, because young people are impressionable. She was saying young people might take it and twist it, and they did. 


Thanks for buying me my meal at Denny's and my shit at Home Depot. Thanks for that, kids. Luv ya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nevermind.


Mais les vrais voyageurs sont ceux-là seuls qui partent. Pour partir, coeurs légers, semblables aux ballons. De leur fatalité jamais ils ne s'écartent. Et, sans savoir pourquoi, disent toujours : Allons !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...