Sign in to follow this  
cognaclilac

new lanaboards design for NFR era

hiii i'm so sorry to mods if this isn't the right location or if i'm over-stepping a boundary, but i was curious if the new album will bring a new look to the lanaboards (like how it is currently retro space themed with a pic from LFL era)

i'm curious as to what people would want to see or maybe they've been thinking the same things??? it'd be cute to think of some themes just to see what people are thinking

*as long as it's not the ugly beige border lana's been trying to make fetch then i'm open to possibilities*

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

Of course! With every era, there's been a matching theme.

I'm waiting until some good NFR-era photoshoots come around to make a redesign. Fingers crossed she does some proper photoshoots soon! x

(also, I'm planning on redesigning the entire website for this era to give it a more modern theme. LanaBoards has sort of had the same layout since it was created back in 2012. Let me know what you all think about this. I had planned on doing a whole modification months ago, but some people were opposed, yet other were in favour. Still curious to know before I proceed!) 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I'm waiting until some good NFR-era photoshoots come around to make a redesign. Fingers crossed she does some proper photoshoots soon! x

(also, I'm planning on redesigning the entire website for this era to give it a more modern theme. LanaBoards has sort of had the same layout since it was created back in 2012. Let me know what you all think about this. I had planned on doing a whole modification months ago, but some people were opposed, yet other were in favour. Still curious to know before I proceed!) 

I like the current layout tbh! We just need to update the header/bg once she has a good photoshoot imo

I like the current layout tbh! We just need to update the header/bg once she has a good photoshoot imo

i agree w/that

I am FIRMLY a defender of the old/current layout. It makes me feel safe and at home and it's perfectly functional. Sure it can be improved but it's really not that big of a deal, I don't want the site to change just the visuals to be updated  :ohno:

And as I said on the suggestions thread, if the layout doesn't change, what about the possibility to use different themes? Like one per album and one general could be uploaded and we could choose which one we would :)

ZKcaooE.png

i lowkey like the fact the forum looks like sumn from 2007..it keeps us humble

lmAOOOOO what?? :oprah2:  :wtf:  :eartha:

ive been waiting since 2015 for a redesign.. I am disgusted

I think you should keep the layout the same (i'd feel sad if it all became different cus this feels like a home to me lol) but only change the main home page design for the new era, cant wait to see what you come up with! x

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I'm actually pretty ok w the current layout. Reminds me of tumblr somehow (?). I would like to have the option of having my own personal main page theme. It's a great Lana pic, and I loved the Love music video, but I feel that we need something more current past the Lfl era, at the very least. 2 cents 

UV/Honeymoon

I'm actually pretty ok w the current layout. Reminds me of tumblr somehow (?). I would like to have the option of having my own personal main page theme. It's a great Lana pic, and I loved the Love music video, but I feel that we need something more current past the Lfl era, at the very least. 2 cents

... But, you can.. I mean I don't know what you'reffering to exactly but you can put whatever image you want as your background on your profile page

OH nevermind, you said main page. I'm dumb. Yeah that would be rad

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

... But, you can.. I mean I don't know what you'reffering to exactly but you can put whatever image you want as your background on your profile page

I mean no I get it, deffo about the profile page, I was just meaning the main page (?) where we both see Lana all sultry in the blue ruffled dress, with the pink moon behind her. I wanna be able to choose different themes to change that. 

UV/Honeymoon

I don’t mind this layout, but I do get it if older members might feel tired of it. I think it works fine so I’d like it to stay like how it is now. Maybe we just need more sub folders for the entertainment thread, like one for music and another for movies or something.
And I also think we’ll get a different background once we get some nice photoshoots... not much we can do with the one she’s sitting down in I suppose. And I think Anne’s suggestion is do-able, I used to be on another forum which looked exactly like this one and the mods had added a button (like where the LanaBoards logo is) where you could change the background if you wanted another one. I have no idea how to make that tho. :P

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I mean no I get it, deffo about the profile page, I was just meaning the main page (?) where we both see Lana all sultry in the blue ruffled dress, with the pink moon behind her. I wanna be able to choose different themes to change that.

Yeah, I saw main page later and I edited my post. That would be really great to have a personalized main page, not just your profile page

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Out of interest are there other layouts or themes that people do prefer (or particularly dislike) with other forums for reference? e.g I don't rly like diamond gardens theme or layout, it's a lil too clean for me.

I personally like the current lb layout as is but obviously we're a community so community input should be had.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Current layout is my savior and I'd implode into oblivion if it changed much :toofunny:

I'm very keen for a new theme though :) praying that the NFR shoots look like the ultraviolence ones.

I have a feeling green might be the thing this era

I don’t mind this layout, but I do get it if older members might feel tired of it. I think it works fine so I’d like it to stay like how it is now. Maybe we just need more sub folders for the entertainment thread, like one for music and another for movies or something.

And I also think we’ll get a different background once we get some nice photoshoots... not much we can do with the one she’s sitting down in I suppose. And I think Anne’s suggestion is do-able, I used to be on another forum which looked exactly like this one and the mods had added a button (like there the LanaBoards logo is) where you could change the background if you wanted another one. I have no idea how to make that tho. :P

Definitely agree with sub folders for the entertainment threads.

Also, I really like this current layout. Other forums have the members photo on the right and their posts are weird and the signatures are confusing and there's way too much white in some cases that it really feels empty. This layout is perfect in my dumb opinion. A new theme indeed would be really nice but overall, I don't think major changes are really that necessary

All I know is that I'm actually registered on GagaDaily but I have a panic attack everytime I have to check out something on it, bc it's so HUGE and modern and sleek and up to date that it's genuinely scary lol. It's actually clearer on LB. With the amount of active members I don't think we need more.

ZKcaooE.png

I've realized how much work Elle does just to keep this site running, and how grateful us lana fans should be for her sacrifices and dedication. 

I never liked this theme to be honest it didnt end up fitting the LFL era after all, but that's because lana changed the album last minute. Id like a more refined theme.