Sign in to follow this  
cognaclilac

new lanaboards design for NFR era

Even tho the design is not that great, I really like how this forum handles the navigation part, I'd be thrilled for somethin similar

I'm ready for the lashings!  :w8ing:

nXNeSIY.jpg

that red mess is ugly and unpleasant

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

@@Elle just do not change too much to the point i will feel lost and i won't ever find the "post" bottom

i won't ever find the "post" bottom

i don't know why but know i truly beleive that redesign is a good thing DO IT

why did i typed BOTTOM instead of BUTTON and i cant edit it

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

I think it would be cool if we could see a screencap or preview of other layouts, and then we can all vote which one is best?

I like this current layout though because it's simple and easy to navigate.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Of course! With every era, there's been a matching theme.

I'm waiting until some good NFR-era photoshoots come around to make a redesign. Fingers crossed she does some proper photoshoots soon! x

(also, I'm planning on redesigning the entire website for this era to give it a more modern theme. LanaBoards has sort of had the same layout since it was created back in 2012. Let me know what you all think about this. I had planned on doing a whole modification months ago, but some people were opposed, yet other were in favour. Still curious to know before I proceed!) 

omg please update the site software! the foundation is literally falling apart, posts don't work properly, quotes don't either. this site needs the same makeover marina boards got  :crossed:

Even tho the design is not that great, I really like how this forum handles the navigation part, I'd be thrilled for somethin similar

I'm ready for the lashings!  :w8ing:

nXNeSIY.jpg

If I ever logged on to Lanaboards and it looked like this I'd freak the fuck out. That shit gives me nightmares

No hate on you, you didn't create it. But what are those different symbols for the threads? I need to go ground myself now.

i only want to keep the layout if we get the tropico pic bug again, either give us the full nostalgic experience or SCRAP IT!

Oh I'm down for this

omg please update the site software! the foundation is literally falling apart, posts don't work properly, quotes don't either. this site needs the same makeover marina boards got  :crossed:

Yeah I have this issue ALL the time. I could sit there trying to quote one person for like half an hour only for LB to freeze, same as mentioning them. But then I can go quote a different person and there's no dramas.

i just learned how to navigate the site so i'm not really ready for a change just yet

i think the theme should use a new one obviously but should we wait for the album to come out? someone mentioned the aesthetic changed with LFL once it was out and that's a good point because the theme now should have been what the aesthetic was but that's just me

i was also asking because i know there are a lot of artists on the board so maybe if anyone had a design in mind it'd be easier on elle (unless you want to do it it's up to you)

can each topic have a different theme? like if i clicked on the 'news' page that would be one theme compared to if i clicked on the 'lyrics' page? this seems like a lot but just curious

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

the only thing i'd ever want is the ability to choose themes based on lana's eras (like DG with Marina's)

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

Of course! With every era, there's been a matching theme.

I'm waiting until some good NFR-era photoshoots come around to make a redesign. Fingers crossed she does some proper photoshoots soon! x

(also, I'm planning on redesigning the entire website for this era to give it a more modern theme. LanaBoards has sort of had the same layout since it was created back in 2012. Let me know what you all think about this. I had planned on doing a whole modification months ago, but some people were opposed, yet other were in favour. Still curious to know before I proceed!) 

tenor.gif?itemid=9152256

I think an update would benefit us. I love the update & style of Marinaboards & pophatesflops a ton. I think it’s beautiful & sleek & modern. I hate the ATRL & GagaDaily one though. They’re both mind fucks & laggy + I get lost whenever I’m on their sites. The thing I want though is for the status updates to stay on the side. They’re too iconic to lose. My only problem about Marinaboards & phf is that while the chat box is finally used the status updates become dead since they’re at the bottom of the page & they’re weird to work with! Integrating with giphy would be so cool too!!

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Since DiamondGarden is made on the same tool than LB, and I just checked and they do have this option, the ability to choose themes is def my biggest request please! Actually... Looking at DG I don't hate the layout. It feels incredibly different because it uses very Marina colours, but with the TFJ theme on, it looks more like LB. And it does seems incredibly modern compared to LB, but maybe it just takes some getting used to? But on the other hand, since not much changes, why even update? Most different thing DG has is Entertainment sections basically. And their Leaderboard section makes me incredibly nervous I'm HUGELY competitive online I get so nasty ugly

ZKcaooE.png

I don't really care if we get a new design or keep this one, as long as the layout stays more or less the same (topics on the left, status updates on the right etc.). I agree with what other people said, though, the current design is pretty nice despite the fact that you can see it's a bit dated. It would definitely be cool to be able to switch between different backgrounds or maybe even just have it the way it currently works for profile pages (i. e. being able to upload your own background image), except it would be for the whole website.

If I ever logged on to Lanaboards and it looked like this I'd freak the fuck out. That shit gives me nightmares

Same here. If LanaBoards ever turns into ATRL, I'll be outta here for good LMAO.

And yeah, some things that definitely should be introduced would be sub-categories for the entertainment section (artists, movies, video games etc.) and maybe even for the general conversation area. And something that really bugs me too is that whenever someone posts something, the whole "Recent Topics" area just displays the two most recent topics rather than 20 or IDK how many topics it normally is. Like, it's so annoying when you want to click on a topic, but that topic disappears all the time because there's a new post in the Charli XCX thread every three seconds. :rip:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Honestly the current layout has been ugly since it was on here (I’ve only been here for this one tho)

I’m sure someone could make this site’s background better, just not as ugly as Lana’s lips look in that pic. They look too wet and glossy

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole