Blue Rev

Mitski

lead_720_405.jpg?mod=1534439343

Mitski Miyawaki is a Japanese-American singer-songwriter and musician. She studied at Purchase College's Conservatory of Music, releasing her first two piano-backed albums whilst a student there. She has since gone on to release a further three studio albums, ditching the piano for guitar, garnering critical acclaim for her raw lyrics and indie rock flair.

Albums:

R-9475228-1481226331-2020.jpeg.jpgR-9475282-1481226951-1171.jpeg.jpgR-6329063-1416601114-2118.jpeg.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F2a2e22https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2Fffa06c

-----

I couldn't believe this Goddess doesn't have a thread on here  :biblio:

What are your guys favourite albums/songs?

For me: Bury Me at Makeout Creek is probably my favourite album because of the depressive lyricism and heavy guitar, but Puberty 2 is a very close second and features her most complete songs.

Favourite songs: Square, Class of 2013, Francis Forever, I Don't Smoke, Carry Me Out, Last Words of a Shooting Star, Happy, Your Best American Girl, I Bet on Losing Dogs, A Burning Hill, Geyser, A Pearl, Two Slow Dancers  :worship:  :worship:  :worship:  :worship:  :worship:

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

I fucking lov her!! My favorite song is Pink In The Night, I could listen on repeat for days. I also love Townie, Fireworks, Square, Pearl Diver, and Your Best American Girl. She’s a goddess

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

i absolutely adore what i've heard from be the cowboy, i need to listen to her full discography sometime. nobody is perfection. 

honestly Nobody is the only Mitski song that sounds like that, everyone was pretty shocked when she first released it. It's the most 'pop' she's done. Her first two albums are basically just her and a piano and then after that it's pretty heavy guitars and rock music. A couple of songs on BTC have a similar 'showgirl' feel to them though.

I've seem a lot of gays people going around about her and I'm curious. Gonna give her a try, the covers look beautiful on the first post lol 

EDIT: SINCE this post is the first page and I'm already obsessed now, If you're wondering: YES LISTEN TO HER MUSIC.

I'm obsessed with this performance. I watch it at least once a day. 

I've seem a lot of gays people going around about her and I'm curious. Gonna give her a try, the covers look beautiful on the first post lol 

EDIT: SINCE this post is the first page and I'm already obsessed now, If you're wondering: YES LISTEN TO HER MUSIC.

the swift conversion from curious to fan  :defeated: what songs/album did you start with?

I'm obsessed with this performance. I watch it at least once a day. 

the swift conversion from curious to fan  :defeated: what songs/album did you start with?

omg sis like after playing all the songs on this page I decided to give it a full-go for albuns. Got "Be the Cowboy" since I knew it was the "newest one" and saw the post about Nobody being the "Pop-iest" thing she had done so.

Loved almost everything on first listen, even when I find it a bit awkward of how short the songs can be. But I was magnetized with Pink in the Night, Two slow Dancers, Washing Machine Heart, Why Didn't You Stop Me?...

Then I decided to go to Puberty 2 since Your Best American Girl was my favorite song on a first listen from this page. Just incredible. I bet on losing dogs, Once more to see you...

Her lyrics are honestly out of this world. So real, straight to the point, sharp as a knife.

I listened to every song with Genius open and reading lyrics and explanations was just AN EXPERIENCE. And for anyone wondering about listening, I'd warn you to do the same. Makes the songs 10x stronger.

the explanation about "A Pearl" got me sobbing because... yes. It's real. 

I haven't listened to the other 3 albuns yet (well, some songs from "Bury me...") cuz I want to enjoy every little song from these 2. Then, when I feel the urgency for more, I'll go further.

omg sis like after playing all the songs on this page I decided to give it a full-go for albuns. Got "Be the Cowboy" since I knew it was the "newest one" and saw the post about Nobody being the "Pop-iest" thing she had done so.

Loved almost everything on first listen, even when I find it a bit awkward of how short the songs can be. But I was magnetized with Pink in the Night, Two slow Dancers, Washing Machine Heart, Why Didn't You Stop Me?...

Then I decided to go to Puberty 2 since Your Best American Girl was my favorite song on a first listen from this page. Just incredible. I bet on losing dogs, Once more to see you...

Her lyrics are honestly out of this world. So real, straight to the point, sharp as a knife.

I listened to every song with Genius open and reading lyrics and explanations was just AN EXPERIENCE. And for anyone wondering about listening, I'd warn you to do the same. Makes the songs 10x stronger.

the explanation about "A Pearl" got me sobbing because... yes. It's real. 

I haven't listened to the other 3 albuns yet (well, some songs from "Bury me...") cuz I want to enjoy every little song from these 2. Then, when I feel the urgency for more, I'll go further.

yeah I remember my first time getting into her and I was confused as to why some songs ended so soon  :toofunny:

ahhh Puberty 2 is such excellence, IBOLD is definitely a strong contender for my favourite song by her  :defeated: and yes she is one of the best lyricists of our generation  :flutter: so glad you liked

I'd definitely go with Bury Me next because it's very much a Puberty 2's moody little sister. Her first two albums are very piano based which isn't exactly my favourite but there are still some great songs on there, but her last 3 albums have been a 1-2-3 punch  :defeated:

Mitski is honestly one of the best lyricists of this generation, and her voice is phenomenal. She deserves so much more recognition

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

just wanted to add to this thread and say that this woman is phenomenal..like the amount of raw talent she has..wow her MIND. I saw her back in 2017 live and I was just..emotionally SCALPED, me and my boyfriend were literally sobbing when she sang I Will, her music is just so like raw and interesting! Honestly lana could take a few pointers from her but ya this bitch is the real thing I love her music

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

for those unaware she has a feature on Allie X's new album, called Susie Save Your Love!  it'll be out with the rest of the album in February

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

for those unaware she has a feature on Allie X's new album, called Susie Save Your Love!  it'll be out with the rest of the album in February

yes!! so excited! i heard the clip of it, it sounds amazing  :defeated:  allie and mitski coming to save pop 2020

yessssssssss i miss her!

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

she's also releasing a new song called Cop Car on a film soundtrack in a few weeks. She's played it live a few times, from 2014-2015 (6:40)

oh thank god i've been waiting for her to release this!! i wonder if the lyrics will be changed at all.