Sign in to follow this  
Elle

2019 Update

Hi all,

First off, I'd like to apologise for being a little MIA recently. Had a lot of stuff going on in my personal life I needed to take care of, but now I'm back and ready to put all my focus back into the site.

That being said, I am ready to make some updates to the site. But of course, I do all of this for you guys. A lot of time and money goes into LanaBoards, but I'm willing to do it all because I adore this community so much. It's become family to me. So that being said, I want all of your opinions on what I should do.

I'm preparing a new theme for you all to hopefully roll out before March. I was going to wait until we had some proper photoshoots for NFR, but it seems that's going to be awhile, so I'm going to create a little in-between theme with the current site layout until we get more era-related content. Then, when more NFR stuff rolls out, I'll re-update. So let's talk about this.

When NFR comes and another update will follow, would you prefer I just make another theme or would you like to see a whole site update? I asked this question a few weeks ago, and the majority of the users said they'd prefer to keep the site the way it is, just with an updated theme. But I'd like to revisit this question. If I were to do a site update, the website would look similar to DiamondGarden.net, as LanaBoards uses the same forum platform as they do, and that is what an updated version would look like. Tell me your thoughts.

Another thought that's been brought up is an updated mobile site or even an app. This is something I've been wanting to do for awhile, but this will take a lot of time and money, especially if I were to do an app. I've heard users say they would even donate to a kickstarter type situation for an app (I also take donations and still actively do. There are large monthly and quarterly fees to keep LanaBoards up and running, and I pay these with the Adsense & donations, and sometimes out of pocket if my revenue isn't enough to cover it)

Thoughts on this? Would you all be willing to donate if I were to roll out an app? An updated mobile site would probably cost less if nothing at all to produce, but would take lots of time.

Please tell me all your thoughts. What I should do in terms of updates, mobile options, new features, and any other things you'd like to add. Again, I'm making these changes on your terms! I always strive to have this little hub to be as enjoyable for everyone as possible, so I'd like to create something that would satisfy as much of you as possible.

I'm sending you all so much love. Everything I do is all for you. I'm so thankful to have found this community many years ago and now run this site for us all. It's the greatest gift I could ever ask for. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on upcoming changes for the site, and then watch them fruition. Here's to a wonderful 2019 for everyone on LanaBoards. :kiss:

-Elle

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

my biggest suggestion is an instant obliteration and evisceration of any and all accounts that have talked ill about yosemite from january 2017-the website's lifespan, this will rejuvinate and dewrinkle lanaboard's skin and reset us to a nice fresh glow- in this tedtalk i will

my second personal suggestion and comment is that if lanaboards looked like DG overnight i'd have a stroke

I think that the way the forum works (ie the position of the buttons and the ordering and structure of the different threads) is fine and shouldn't be changed since many of us have already become accustomed, the only thing that should change is the horrible gradient of the buttons, because I feel they make the forum look old and outdated. Is it possible?

also is there any way to clean out the emote section, revitalize the blog section & fix the galleries? there's so many assets of the site that're available as buttons but there's 0 way to use them without getting errors

also trying to quote any comment with a member mentioned in the quote freezes my page, i have to manually backspace the stuff or wipe the name entirely and i've no clue why

I would love it if we kept the same format, but updated some features. Some are slow, & I feel like it would help the sight as a whole. Besides that, I would love to see a dark mint green color for the NFR era & you can use the Venice Bitch as a background as well. It'd be very warm & pretty. Also, you should link giphy to the  emojis & get a lil upgrade to include some famous ones. Ex. Trisha, Ines, & Quaddir 

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Gurl you’re always amazing

I just checked out DG and coming from a purely mobile based user—make the update! I always use the desktop version of the site when I’m on my phone because I feel like the mobile version loses the theme and everything— so it would definitely be an upgrade from awkwardly reading posts and stuff. But that’s just me, on the computer it might be different so :blush:

In saying that though, the site works fine with me so the upgrade doesn’t seem to be 100% necessary but it just depends on how everyone feels and also costs and stuff :kiss: idk if I was helpful at all :suicide:

—but also a NFR theme would be a nice change. I was just thinking about what you could use as the picture and I think a screenshot of Lana yelling at us from the HIAB instavideo so we always remember Lana is a vengeful God

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

Do you know if certain site features can be updated without an entire site overhaul? I'm not usually a mobile user and I understand that sites are increasingly becoming targeted to mobile demographics, but I like a lot of the current features on the site for practicality even if they aren't as pretty as they could be. For example, the way each post in a thread is easily defined by a box with shaded edges as opposed to free white space that's meant to bring a 'seamless experience' or w/e. Also I would prefer to avoid forum styles like GagaDaily and front pages like DelReyDaily.

App could be cool though

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Love how this site is layed out, just wish it didn't look... I don't know how to explain it! Not in a bad way, but sorta 2003-ish? I guess it's from the harsh straight edge lines and some of the outdated nature, not that I'd like this site to be over bubbly, but just a modern twist on this old classic! I don't know if a social aspect would be able to be brought to the site, like making instagram posts and such easier to share on the platform? If so that would be amazing! I don't exactly know if that would also include being able to post soundcloud links in statuses without it quoting everyone else's status, but if so that'd be great too. Also, I don't know if it'd be possible, but a dark mode/night mode/or just a darker overall layout would be great! The white kind of hurts my eyes after a while I'd say. I checked out DiamondGarden.net, and they have this really cool feature where you can choose the layout you would like when you go to the bottom of the site and click themes! We don't NEED it, but it would be very cute to be able to choose between the different eras as a customizable option for each member! But yeah, if there was a way to keep the skeleton of this site but make it look more modern I think that would be a happy medium between those who like how the site works and those who would like a complete new look! Also thank you for everything you do Elle, we appreciate it! :heart:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Also I would prefer to avoid forum styles like GagaDaily and front pages like D*lR*yD**ly.

:ohsnap:  :dafuq:

I must admit, discovery of this site sparked me to get ahead with an update sooner than later. Obviously, it was created for a reason... so what was that reason? Let me know how we can improve here at LanaBoards, everyone. There is no need for two Lana forums. 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Love how this site is layed out, just wish it didn't look... I don't know how to explain it! Not in a bad way, but sorta 2003-ish? I guess it's from the harsh straight edge lines and some of the outdated nature, not that I'd like this site to be over bubbly, but just a modern twist on this old classic! I don't know if a social aspect would be able to be brought to the site, like making instagram posts and such easier to share on the platform? If so that would be amazing! I don't exactly know if that would also include being able to post soundcloud links in statuses without it quoting everyone else's status, but if so that'd be great too. Also, I don't know if it'd be possible, but a dark mode/night mode/or just a darker overall layout would be great! The white kind of hurts my eyes after a while I'd say. I checked out DiamondGarden.net, and they have this really cool feature where you can choose the layout you would like when you go to the bottom of the site and click themes! We don't NEED it, but it would be very cute to be able to choose between the different eras as a customizable option for each member! But yeah, if there was a way to keep the skeleton of this site but make it look more modern I think that would be a happy medium between those who like how the site works and those who would like a complete new look! Also thank you for everything you do Elle, we appreciate it! :heart:

Tbh I think that is something I love about the site but I'm Old™ so it's a very familar layout for me from early forum browsing days.

Tbh I think that is something I love about the site but I'm Old™ so it's a very familar layout for me from early forum browsing days.

Oh don't get me wrong I hate the new "everything needs to be rounded and bubbly" mindset. But I don't know! I feel like the site could use just one nice update. Maybe not even a layout change, maybe just the color changed to a darker white (I think I'm trying to say grey but I honestly don't know I'm so tired  :toofunny: ) I admit there is a part of me though that loves the nostalgic feel of this site.

:ohsnap:  :dafuq:

I must admit, discovery of this site sparked me to get ahead with an update sooner than later. Obviously, it was created for a reason... so what was that reason? Let me know how we can improve here at LanaBoards, everyone. There is no need for two Lana forums. 

Sorry for my slanderous language, I'll use a spoiler next time. Many lana forums have tried to compete with LB but they all ultimately die with pitiful user numbers, I wouldn't be too concerned :makeup2:

OH! One last observation! I had seen a few members were experiencing problems with editing their posts, receiving this error page:

wIqWNUY.png

and trouble quoting other members in the NFR pre release thread which ultimately resorted to mentioning other members using their @. I was wondering what that was about and if there was anything us members could do to help the problem? It might not be everyone experiencing that, but I've seen a good dozen! Again, thank you so much for all your help and love you put into this site, it makes it a better place :heart: I just feel really bad mentioning some of the errors I've encountered and was badgered by other members that told me "I was being rude for pointing those things out"  :toofunny: By no means am I trying to insult anyone nor stir up any problems, just genuinely curious as to what exactly might be the problem and if there is any way we can somehow try and help out. Love you girl :blush2: Thanks a million

I think an updated version of the current layout would be perfect. No need to completely revamp everything. And I have a bit of a random request, but is there any way embedding videos from websites other than YouTube (like Vimeo, Dailymotion etc.) could become easier, or like, possible in the first place?

And of course, thanks for all the time and work you invest in this community. I definitely agree with you, it does feel like family in a way.

LOL remember when certain people tried to make D*lR*y D**ly happen? Ihavetolaugh.gif

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Definitely keep site layout, etc, the same. Just the new theme we are excited for :) something refreshing and a bit more resembling the era (i know for LFL it was hard with a messy album oops). 

Im definitely willing to donate what I can! An app or better mobile options- im down for anything :) 

I think an updated version of the current layout would be perfect. No need to comletely revamp everything. And I have a bit of a random request, but is there any way embedding Videos from websites other than YouTube (like Vimeo, Dailymotion etc.) could become easier, or like, possible in the first place?

Don't videos auto embed? does LINK [/ video] without spaces work?

edit: nvm :creep:

leave the site the way it is, ive become used to it and its like my home <3 just change the theme x

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e