Sign in to follow this  
Elle

2019 Update

@YUNGATA (it won't let me quote you LMAO) usually videos are embedded automatically, but I remember about a week ago I tried to post a Dailymotion video and it didn't work, not even with the [ video] [/ video] code. So either I'm just stupid and messed it up somehow else, or it really doesn't work. :toofunny:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Like many people have already said, keep the current layout because it's very good and we're all familiar with it. Maybe just tweak some elements where there's room for improvement but don't change the whole thing.

A new pre-NFR theme sounds awesome and I see people already have some great suggestions for it. I'm down for the customizable theme thing Peroxide suggested above but it's not that necessary so it wouldn't be the end of the world if it doesn't happen.

Also, it would be nice to create an easier way to embed videos and tweets and stuff like that.

Other than that, I don't have that much to say except thank you very much for putting up with us and working hard to mantain this site so we can have this great place and opportunity to talk about our favourite artist, you're the best

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I hope you're feeling a bit better now, Elle? ♥

I don't mind this layout because I think it's easy to navigate and get a quick view where to find sub-threads. I don't think it looks old either but that's just me I guess, haha. However, it would be nice if we could get new emoticons and less error pages when we try to @ other members, edit a post we've written and if it didn't take forever to check new notifs. And, like Amadeus said, if we could imbed Tweets.

I personally wouldn't use an app (simply because I don't have memory space to download anything lol) but I understand if others would think it's cool. :) I think I mentioned somewhere else that it would be cool if you could pick your own theme by just pressing a button - say for example that we have a light and a dark NFR theme and members could use the one they prefer, that would be nice too? But nothing necessary I suppose.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

okay so i've been browsing diamondgarden for a bit now just to get a feeling of their design and tbh i don't think there's that much of a difference.

1) the the family jewels theme is the closest to ours i guess, it has muted colours and a darker background etc. one thing that i'd advise us to do is keep the fonts or at least the most important texts such as posts etc black so they don't looks as washed out as on dg (or like ... painfully popping like the purple fonts in their froot theme). 

2) tbh one thing that i find annoying are the big banners (not that ours is much smaller but yeah.. who remembers the good old days of the b&w red layout, the uv or the infamous tropico themes with the counterfeit ldr logo font?)

3) then one thing that kinda annoyed me is the size of the icons and the rounded icons in general, is that customisable? if so then i'd just keep them rectangular and a bit bigger so they're more prominent.  

4) additionally i find the "like button" thing next to the posts a bit weird because i don't like the whole fb-esque "emoji" approach and the way that there's a heart to like and then there's another heart which displays how many people have "reacted" to the post

5)to praise LB a bit: i think the general layout on the main page should stay the same, the general recent topics "new posts" thingy at the top with the different branches below etc.

and tbh i don't think we need those big round fb, twitter, pinterst, whatever buttons on the thread pages i didn't even notice them bc ours are so small lmao.

but yeah other than these elements the user experience is pretty much the same 

i76mrxw.png 

I would love if the basic layout stayed the same, but the code was maybe update so things are less slow. I’d love an App as well

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

The look of the site on desktop is fine, some slight changes to make it look more modern would be nice, also it’s slow at times. The mobile site does need a lot of changes though. An app would be amazing.

qfrWuBl.png

A new theme would suffice, with minor changes to buttons, emoticons, gif catalogue in the toolbar etc. But I wouldn't be against a new format so it looks more updated and with the times.

Would it be possible to get the chat feature working? I think that would be pretty cool and more interactive for members.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Would love a Diamond Garden style layout and would donate for the app development but I'm not sure if it's necessary tbh. I think we'd be good with an updated mobile interface and fixed bugs & that's it. Love you and your dedication Elle! 

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Oh, one more thing, although that's more of a cleaning-up issue than anything else: it would be nice if there were some sub-sections in the entertainment section, for example one for other artists, one for video games, one for movies, one for forum games etc., simply to make it easier to navigate and find certain threads. :creep:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

An update on the site like DiamondGarden would be amazing. I use the deskstop version on my phone instead of the mobile one. A layout like diamondgarden is a good mix between mobile and desktop which i LOVE. it’d be easier to navigate. as long as we can keep the same setups as our accounts have now then i will certainly be here for an updated LanaBoards that’s formatted like DiamondGarden

giphy.gif

Def agree with whoever said to get rid of all the gradients on the buttons just to update it but I like the ~vibe~ this forum has. An app would be sickk and I'd donate if I had money at the time but I'm broke 80% of the time skkssksks

Also D*lR*yD**ly was almost certainly made by people who got banned from Lanaboards but u didn't hear that from me x

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

Hey!

Could you ditch this whole Lana thing and go for more of an ABBA aesthetic? 

This is the best idea I've read. Maybe even change it for ABBAboards? We'll have a Lana Del Rey thread anyways.

Now seriously, I think the site really needs an update. Unpopular opinion, but I really love DG's design. This is nothing personal towards Elle or the staff, but the site looks very old to be honest, and some features are very slow and glitchy. I think we need a fresh update and it would look amazing! I really trust that Elle's work on this can make it look amazing and welcoming.

The site def needs a refresh/revamp (look wise). I'm not too crazy about changing a ton of things up tho, because I am so used to how the site works as is. I would gladly donate for an app or a better mobile interface since 75% of my LB use is via my mobile. Adding emoticons & gifs is practically impossible when I'm on mobile and I have to use a PC when I want to utilize those features. Love you @@Elle for everything you do :flutter: (note: I used a PC to type this reply so I could use a emoticon)

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png