Sign in to follow this  
Elle

2019 Update

I never looked at the Diamondgarden website, so I just did and I was pleasantly surprised how similar it looks to Lanaboards. The theme is more simple but because i dont have an account there, i can assume it doesn't have as many features as this site?

Anyway, I wouldn't be too phased by some minor changes, if it does make this site look cleaner/neater/more modern, etc :)

Anyway, just thought id restate cause before i was so strongly for 'change nothing in the layout' lol

yeah its powered by the same server/company, Invision Community I believe. diamond garden has the newest version of the UI  that the site offers which came out in 2016 I think, we are just lacking behind, and like this site, you need to be a member to access all features

Hi everyone! Just wanted to give you all an update and ask a question.

I'm currently working on rough drafts for the new NFR theme.. I was hoping to have some more era-related photos by now, but I'm making do with what we have. 

I have two themes I've created drafts of that I really love... one of them is sort of different than any LanaBoards theme the site has ever had, but it's the one I'm leaning towards. I think it's really cute and I think you all will like it.

That being said, I wanted to know when you all would like to have the theme rolled out. When I update the theme, the site will be offline for a few hours. I was wondering when you all thought would be the best time to do this. Although I would like to have it roll out on release day, I would hate to have the site down during that time. I was thinking maybe rolling out the theme 2 weeks - a month after album release when traffic won't be as heavy as it will around release day, but I'm not sure how long you all are willing to wait for the new theme. I could also try to roll it out in a week, a couple of days before the album is set to release, but I feel like the theme should come after the album rather than before, and again, would hate to take the site offline during hypetime. I'm unsure! Let me know what you all are thinking in terms of timing, and I can't wait to roll out the new NFR theme! 

xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

roll it out now sis

You should do it on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week!

Is this weekend an option? It would give us enough time to discuss the new music videos on thursday/friday and then be back in time for the album release.

Aside from being hesitant about taking the site offline during hypetime, the only other reservation I have about rolling the theme out before the release is if it will be able to be completed in time! I'm co-designing the theme with a friend of mine (who actually isn't a Lana fan, but I'm dragging her to the San Diego show because it's the day before my birthday and she's one of my irl best friends and she's gonna appreciate Lana on my birthday whether she likes it or not) so the timing lies not only on me, but with her. She works as a full-time website designer, so she's actually going to be the one who will help me code it into the site - I had a few issues with coding in the LFL theme and had to take the site offline for a few hours on multiple days, so she's helping me design it so everything goes smoothly when it comes to upload time. I'm having conversations with her as we speak to see if we can get the elements set in time to have it roll out before the release, if that's the option that you all prefer.

Also, this friend of mine & I are also working on designing an actual app for LanaBoards as well! This may be a few months until completion though, so don't get too hype yet, just know it is in the works x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Ooh can't wait to finally witness my first lb theme change wow. We can wait so do it whenever's best to do it. Also, very excited for a future app.

We all love and appreciate you very much Elle, thanks again for being the best

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I'm anxious for the new theme. And Its not a bad idea put the site down in the release day.

It will be cool if we could have an offline time just listening to music and chilling... 

Well its what I'm going to do on release day, just chill and listen to this masterpiece, I can talk with the person who I know on real life. YOU SHOULD DO THE SAME AND GET OFF THE INTERNET JUST FOR A DAY OKAY JUST JOKING

I'm anxious for the new theme. And Its not a bad idea put the site down in the release day.

It will be cool if we could have an offline time just listening to music and chilling... 

Well its what I'm going to do on release day, just chill and listen to this masterpiece, I can talk with the person who I know on real life. YOU SHOULD DO THE SAME AND GET OFF THE INTERNET JUST FOR A DAY OKAY JUST JOKING

But it won’t take me 24 hours to listen to the album. o___o I need this place to be excited and share that joy with everybody! >__<

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Hello, I am Elle's personal friend who is assisting in updating LanaBoards (mentioned previously on this thread). 

That being said, we have a couple of ideas already for design updates (see Elle's posts above). Other than the ones previously approved, what are pressing design/functionality updates that y'all would like to see? We obviously will not be able to fulfill every request due to time and technical constraints, but we will do our best to field requests. The background image is going to be updated ASAP to an NFR theme. 

~Melissa :) 

I'm fine with just an updated theme tbh. There are probably peeps who really dive into the site more than I do who probably have more feelings towards changes in general tho

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

I'm fine with just an updated theme tbh. There are probably peeps who really dive into the site more than I do who probably have more feelings towards changes in general tho

Updated theme is definitely our priority as well! Our changes cannot be drastic regardless due to the nature of the website's composition. Thank you for your feedback! :)