SlowGinFizzzz

The Legend of Zelda

Loving Ocarina of Time so far. The dungeons are fun and this version of Link is very cute (is he the young Link from Smash Bros?). Just finished the Dondongo's Cavern and I thought they were really cute too, I loved when I played the music and one of them started dancing lmao so far the game has surprised me, I never understood the hype behind LOZ but it's a really cool game.

I'd say Young Link in Smash Bros is from Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask. :hooker:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I've recently come to the conclusion that Zelda, especially OoT, is full of racism and sexism. It might be unintentional, but it's there. I really love Wind Waker and BoTW, but the more I get into these games, I see more and more problems with them. The body features of the Gerudo's are pretty offensive and Link and Zelda always being the white saviors are kinda a turn off. The Gods only favor the Hylians, who are white and blonde af. The woman always seem to be a little helpless w/o Link. Zelda is always in some sort of trouble, even as Sheik. It's been stated that the Gerudo women will search for male mates and often mate with Hylians, but then the Hylians cast the Gerudo's back out into the desert. Ganondorf states in the end of Wind Waker that all he wanted was for his people to escape the desert, then Link turns him to stone by stabbing him in the head. I think BoTW fixed a couple of the race and sexism issues, especially having the monstrous Calamity Ganon be the main villain instead of the large nosed, dark skinned Ganondorf, but there are still plenty of issues that they can address and fix in future games. I love the LoZ, don't get me wrongggggg, but it has it's issuessssss(even if they're unintentional). :) 

I would like to see a Zelda game where Link is a Gerudo/Hylian mix. I dunno, maybe Link could even be a female and Zelda and Link could be lesbianssssssssssss 4 each other. These games break boundaries, but I think they need to reassess and figure out how to fix the issues with past games. I will keep playing these games, I just like staying hyper critical of the media I consume. xoxo

These are things I have noticed as well but I haven't felt disturbed by it. And, just to mention, Link and Zelda haven't always been blonde. I'm not saying that Hylians are all great (the royal family (and Sheikah's) must have some kind of shady secrets for example - Shadow Temple in OoT is proof of that, it's scary to wonder what has been going on in there) but they are favored by the Golden Goddesses and Hylia since the land was created for them after all. I believe that the OoT Gerudo were banished to the desert because they were a tribe of thieves and kidnapped Hylian men... might not look so good in the eyes of the Hylian royal family.

And I disagree with every incarnation of Zelda being helpless without Link - they both play a part in their fates and neither of them would succeed fighting Ganon if the other wasn't present.

If you're into reading comics, I can recommend Growing Up Gerudo. It's an alternative universe where the authors uses characters from different Zelda games to create their story. Link is a child and Ganondorf has adopted him as his son, even though he's Hylian. So Link grows up as a Gerudo but every story needs some drama so I guess we can all guess that something will happen to force Link and Ganondorf to seperate. Even though Link is only a child, there is already some tension between Gerudos and Hylians.

If I've understood it correctly, it's divided into two different parts: "child arc" and "teen arc" and I'm currently reading the child arc since I don't wanna contribute with money to support them and get all the pages immediately, lol. They post new pages for free on their tumblr site every now and then. http://growingupgerudo.tumblr.com/ I think it's pretty great, give it a try if you'd like.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

These are things I have noticed as well but I haven't felt disturbed by it. And, just to mention, Link and Zelda haven't always been blonde. I'm not saying that Hylians are all great (the royal family (and Sheikah's) must have some kind of shady secrets for example - Shadow Temple in OoT is proof of that, it's scary to wonder what has been going on in there) but they are favored by the Golden Goddesses and Hylia since the land was created for them after all. I believe that the OoT Gerudo were banished to the desert because they were a tribe of thieves and kidnapped Hylian men... might not look so good in the eyes of the Hylian royal family.

And I disagree with every incarnation of Zelda being helpless without Link - they both play a part in their fates and neither of them would succeed fighting Ganon if the other wasn't present.

If you're into reading comics, I can recommend Growing Up Gerudo. It's an alternative universe where the authors uses characters from different Zelda games to create their story. Link is a child and Ganondorf has adopted him as his son, even though he's Hylian. So Link grows up as a Gerudo but every story needs some drama so I guess we can all guess that something will happen to force Link and Ganondorf to seperate. Even though Link is only a child, there is already some tension between Gerudos and Hylians.

If I've understood it correctly, it's divided into two different parts: "child arc" and "teen arc" and I'm currently reading the child arc since I don't wanna contribute with money to support them and get all the pages immediately, lol. They post new pages for free on their tumblr site every now and then. http://growingupgerudo.tumblr.com/ I think it's pretty great, give it a try if you'd like.

i haven't really been too disturbed or offended by them, just thought i'd share what i've noticed. i really enjoy the series and i'm quite excited to play more of the games. i havent checked out any of the comics, ill give em a shot!

ps: thank u for having a real conversation instead of quickly shutting me down for no reasooooon :) 

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

i haven't really been too disturbed or offended by them, just thought i'd share what i've noticed. i really enjoy the series and i'm quite excited to play more of the games. i havent checked out any of the comics, ill give em a shot!

ps: thank u for having a real conversation instead of quickly shutting me down for no reasooooon :)

You’re welcome. ^^’ :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I've recently come to the conclusion that Zelda, especially OoT, is full of racism and sexism. It might be unintentional, but it's there. I really love Wind Waker and BoTW, but the more I get into these games, I see more and more problems with them. The body features of the Gerudo's are pretty offensive and Link and Zelda always being the white saviors are kinda a turn off. The Gods only favor the Hylians, who are white and blonde af. The woman always seem to be a little helpless w/o Link. Zelda is always in some sort of trouble, even as Sheik. It's been stated that the Gerudo women will search for male mates and often mate with Hylians, but then the Hylians cast the Gerudo's back out into the desert. Ganondorf states in the end of Wind Waker that all he wanted was for his people to escape the desert, then Link turns him to stone by stabbing him in the head. I think BoTW fixed a couple of the race and sexism issues, especially having the monstrous Calamity Ganon be the main villain instead of the large nosed, dark skinned Ganondorf, but there are still plenty of issues that they can address and fix in future games. I love the LoZ, don't get me wrongggggg, but it has it's issuessssss(even if they're unintentional). :) 

I would like to see a Zelda game where Link is a Gerudo/Hylian mix. I dunno, maybe Link could even be a female and Zelda and Link could be lesbianssssssssssss 4 each other. These games break boundaries, but I think they need to reassess and figure out how to fix the issues with past games. I will keep playing these games, I just like staying hyper critical of the media I consume. xoxo

no sweetie its ur dirty mind

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Sorry for bumping this up, but I watched this video in January I think and it's pretty brilliant. I know it's kind of long, but watch it. It explains some of the background of OoT, cultural influences, looking deeper into keywords and why it's such a great game. It's just a well-made video going deeper than what most players pay attention to and might have missed, especially if you played the game as a child.

I've personally watched this video at least two or three times, oops. :hooker: I never realized until I watched this that Link actually can't fully return to his childhood because Navi flew away at the end of the game... I had never thought about that small but important detail until then and it just made me feel so sad. :(

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Nintendo announced a non-canon spinoff game, Crypt of the Necrodancer, where you can play as Link and Zelda in a retro styled Hyrule, as seen in the trailer. I’ve never heard of the franchise before but apparently it’s a rhythm based game where you have to defeat enemies, move and solve puzzles by tapping to the beat or something. So that basically means that you would see Link and Zelda dance I guess lol.

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1108404248876740609?s=21

hVgXNCs.jpg

I don’t think I’ll buy this, but I just thought I’d share the news here in case someone’s interested.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Saw this earlier today: a new Zelda game is already being worked on! Monolith Soft is hiring developers, programmers etc for the new game. The company has previously had a foot in Skyward Sword and BotW (both gorgeous games in my opinion!) so we can hopefully expect the next (major!) Zelda game to be great as well! Let's see how long it will take until we get to see the first teasers.

I pray that redeads will have a comeback, they always freak me out.

fVrwPrW.jpg

Source: Gamespot https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xenoblade-dev-hiring-for-new-legend-of-zelda-game/1100-6465888/?ftag=GSS-05-10aab8e&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+New+Content+(Feed)&utm_content=5c9e48121adf640001ab22ab&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Saw this earlier today: a new Zelda game is already being worked on! Monolith Soft is hiring developers, programmers etc for the new game. The company has previously had a foot in Skyward Sword and BotW (both gorgeous games in my opinion!) so we can hopefully expect the next (major!) Zelda game to be great as well! Let's see how long it will take until we get to see the first teasers.

I pray that redeads will have a comeback, they always freak me out.

fVrwPrW.jpg

Source: Gamespot https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xenoblade-dev-hiring-for-new-legend-of-zelda-game/1100-6465888/?ftag=GSS-05-10aab8e&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+New+Content+(Feed)&utm_content=5c9e48121adf640001ab22ab&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

OMG wig! I can't wait for it to be released in 2025, after 472857453534875 remakes and re-releases! :flutter:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I’m in London with my mom for the flower show and learned for maybe a week ago that Akira Himekawa would be here at the same time, and I didn’t think I could go to meet them since the show was on during the same time as the signing - but I DID get to see them, chat a little bit about nonsense and get artwork and a copy of TP volume 5 signed. One of the best days in my life!! :trisha: I was so excited and happy and my knees were shaking, but I’m sooo happy I could go after all!

MVTWoZ5.jpg

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I’m in London with my mom for the flower show and learned for maybe a week ago that Akira Himekawa would be here at the same time, and I didn’t think I could go to meet them since the show was on during the same time as the signing - but I DID get to see them, chat a little bit about nonsense and get artwork and a copy of TP volume 5 signed. One of the best days in my life!! :trisha: I was so excited and happy and my knees were shaking, but I’m sooo happy I could go after all!

MVTWoZ5.jpg

Aww amazing! If that isn't a special birthday gift! 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Holy shit, I'm still not over this, I feel like exploding with emotions, I- I need to watch that trailer again, omggggggggg My twitter spam shows pretty well my thoughts right now omg gimme a paper bag so I can breathe

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Link's Awakening looks cute but honestly, BotW sequel stole all my attention, holy fuck omg it looks like everything I missed in the game :omg:

same idgas about L'sA lol I only care about a horror sequel

ZKcaooE.png

same idgas about L'sA lol I only care about a horror sequel

like, PLEASE TELL ME THAT'S GANON OR GANONDORF DID YOU SEE HIS HEAD SNAP LIKE THAT OMGGGGG and is that a PROPER dungeon??!! :trisha: GIMME TWILIGHT PRINCESS DARKNESS PLZ :omg:

I'm still hyped for LA though because I wanna play all the games one day ;w;

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png