Sign in to follow this  
ArtDecoDelRey

Nyon, Switzerland @ Paléo Festival - July 24, 2019

https://twitter.com/Kroustiii/status/1154699796566990848?s=19

Many people dragged Lana for this concert and the previous at the UK and they are right at least concerning on her being late and leaving earlier

She's gotten lazy and she deserves to be called out for it. Most of the fans are too busy forcing "eMoTiOnAl bReAkDoWnS" and screaming along the lyrics to notice though.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

https://twitter.com/Kroustiii/status/1154699796566990848?s=19

Many people dragged Lana for this concert and the previous at the UK and they are right at least concerning on her being late and leaving earlier

please, she was 15 minutes late which is perfectly acceptable. swiss people are just anal about punctuality - i should know, as i live here. mostly they're accusing her of playback bc she uses pre-recorded vocal tracks for layering in some songs (in black beauty they admittedly drown out her voice, i noticed that in portugal & again here). also, they didn't like her lounge act onstage - you know, swaying in the swings, lying down for pretty when you cry, sitting on the beach chairs & piano, etc. bc they think a festival performance should be more energetic than that.

truth be told, the audience was pretty bad & her inclusion in wednesday's lineup made no sense. it was a day with a lot of francophone electronica and world music, and the guy that preceded her was literally a french high-energy guy clowning around onstage. a lot of people weren't there for lana & only knew video games and summertime sadness (the remix, probably), and it showed. portugal's lineup made a lot more sense (she was also 15 minutes late and literally no one cared, btw), the audience was electric and the exact same show was a complete success there.

please, she was 15 minutes late which is perfectly acceptable. swiss people are just anal about punctuality - i should know, as i live here. mostly they're accusing her of playback bc she uses pre-recorded vocal tracks for layering in some songs (in black beauty they admittedly drown out her voice, i noticed that in portugal & again here). also, they didn't like her lounge act onstage - you know, swaying in the swings, lying down for pretty when you cry, sitting on the beach chairs & piano, etc. bc they think a festival performance should be more energetic than that.

She's literally singing playback for the whole chorus of Cherry and during the latest performances she even messed up the verses.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

truth be told, the audience was pretty bad & her inclusion in wednesday's lineup made no sense. it was a day with a lot of francophone electronica and world music, and the guy that preceded her was literally a french high-energy guy clowning around onstage. a lot of people weren't there for lana & only knew video games and summertime sadness (the remix, probably), and it showed. portugal's lineup made a lot more sense (she was also 15 minutes late and literally no one cared, btw), the audience was electric and the exact same show was a complete success there.

sis there is just no excuse for Lana's shows this summer :rip: her performances have been lackluster. she played a total of 1 hour at every single show (only 55 in Stockholm, even), although she has always been scheduled between 1h15m and 1h30m - even a lot of her fans at barricade have been very disappointed,

a 15 min delay might be acceptable at her own shows cuz she can overextend her set, but that aint possible at a festival. plus, she has always left between 5 and 10 mins early.

and i have never really seen that before cuz most of them lick Lana's ass at every opportunity. i hope next year is gonna be better, cuz out of all my 10 shows, Stockholm and Nyon were easily the worst Ive been to

after all, her entire setlist was designed to only be 1 hour long, so she has always been late on purpose. idk whats up with her this summer.

image.png

@@Dominikx4 maybe i'm skewed by the total hit that was the portugal show (she even received glowing reviews in portuguese media), but i didn't get that lackluster feel at all - although i def would have if i'd only seen the nyon one. i've only ever watched 3 shows tho so i don't have a lot to compare to, and the first one was in montreux in 2012 so like... anything is better than her 2012 performances lmao

Lana should ditch the playback, periodT!

True, she doesn't need it. And she could just get actual background-singers instead of her dancers.. or maybe the dancers can sing idk if they can lol

She was late to at least half of the shows during this tour. Once or twice, you can understand - but four out of eight shows? Something is obviously amiss. People on her team, and/or possibly she herself, are not doing their jobs properly for that to happen. It's not a smooth operation she's running. 

You know, and then she did shit like turning up 15 minutes late to the UK show and spending most of, I think (?) Blue Jeans at the barricade, and again during VB. I'm not saying she shouldn't interact with fans but I don't blame people for being upset when two songs in she disappears into the crowd to talk to people who've already met her 25 times and it's at the expense of everyone else getting to see and hear her. Not cool, Lanz. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

She was late to at least half of the shows during this tour. Once or twice, you can understand - but four out of eight shows? Something is obviously amiss. One or more people on her team, or possibly she herself, are not doing their jobs properly for that to happen. It's not a smooth operation she's running. 

no lmao that's not it, she's late on purpose so she can finish just 5 minutes short of her scheduled end because her set is way too short for the time slots she's been getting.

if she's so bothered by this idk why they don't just contact the festivals about the length of her set 1hr so they don't give her more time.

it was embarrassing how she was the only act (out of SEVEN!) that was late at latitude.

i76mrxw.png 

no lmao that's not it, she's late on purpose so she can finish just 5 minutes short of her scheduled end because her set is way too short for the time slots she's been getting.

if she's so bothered by this idk why they don't just contact the festivals about the length of her set 1hr so they don't give her more time.

it was embarrassing how she was the only act (out of SEVEN!) that was late at latitude.

Well then that is it, because if you're right it means that she isn't doing her job properly. 

She phoned almost all of these shows in, and people just make excuses for her but I don't think I'm alone when I say that, at this point, I would not spend my money and time to go see her. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream