Sign in to follow this  
salvatore

California

The magazines theory is interesting. Both could make sense.

All of your Vogues and Rolling Stones; like, the popular magazines.

All of your folks and Rolling Stones; his friends and band mates.

I definitely prefer the latter...idk it’s just more impactful than references to reading material lol.

pretty sure its vogues, because right after she says "all of your rolling stones" and those are both magazine titles

I hear it as 'Vogues and Rolling Stone'

Is Barrie the type to read Vogue though? I’m gonna go with folks until proven otherwise lol. Our mumble queen didn’t disappoint us!!

Also, I’m so broke after getting the record multiple times, there’s no chance I can afford any merch. :crai: The album cover t-shirt on her webshop is nice, the headscarf is cute, I’d definitely like to own a beach towel and some more stuff. And a concert ticket. :rip:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I definitely prefer the latter...idk it’s just more impactful than references to reading material lol.

I agree, and I think it's the correct lyric.

I really think Vogues and Rolling Stones is another in her long line of americana/pop culture references. My ears aren't the best but they do not hear "folks" at all... Even though it kind of makes more sense with the partying references so what do I know. 

It does sound like "phones", but "Vogues" makes more sense, like I'll pick up all the escapist magazines you like, anything to try to get you out of your head...I see it as not necessarily romantic love (although it could be), but more like she still loves Barrie as a friend and knows how bad his depression gets, and she's pleading with him to let her distract him from all that for awhile and just give him a big hug ("lying in my arms" could just mean holding him, not sex).

This song BREAKS MY HEART and I LOVE IT, ugh. I can imagine saying this to my (depressed) ex, whom I don't want back but do want to help. 

When she says, "I'll throw a party" it sounds so desperate and sad, she finally achieved Lizzy Grant's stated goal of writing a song that sounds like 'A SAD PARTY'!  :hdu:  :poordat:  :smokes3:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

We'll do whatever you want, travel wherever, how far

We'll hit up all the old places
We'll have a party, we'll dance till dawn
I'll pick up all of your folks and all of your Rolling Stones
Your favorite liquor off the top-shelf
I'll throw a party, all night long 

giphy.gif

tumblr_pb75g64MCD1wufoyho1_500.gif

https://twitter.com/lanadelreyfans/status/1168845575476994048?s=21

It’s from 2017, based on the length of her hair. :)

It totally matches with the tone of her voice, it sounds so 2017 in this song. Do we know who posted the pics first and when they were taken approximately?

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

It totally matches with the tone of her voice, it sounds so 2017 in this song. Do we know who posted the pics first and when they were taken approximately?

I have no idea :/

Edit: Wait, found this in the NFR song writing timeline thread! https://www.instagram.com/p/B1zGvAUH7sH/?igshid=lbqgdrffrfeo

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Yeah there's a post on VK about it ... March 2017, apparently.

Also, sis plays HORNS (thank you to @@Lanalouis1 for bringing it to everyone's attention). I feel like this is an important revelation. Please tell me Jack has footage of her playing these horns.

LYhvI2c.jpg

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

You're telling me this woman recorded one of the best songs of her career almost two years ago and she's been walking around all this time with this piece of art on the shelf...  :defeated:

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif