Sign in to follow this  
Flowerbomb

Lana attends Justin Bieber's Churchome service - April 3rd 2019

hillsong or churchome or whatever it is, that shit is weird and she's fully become an la weirdo, lana there's still time we can go back to new york loving you was really hard

I feel like those white sorority friends got her into this weird LA jesus is super cool and vegan cult thing they were probably like "omg lanz it's the latest thing it's just so cool and like u get to drink matcha while u talk about how cool jesus is! they even have fermented cucumber water!"

this just sounds like she's back at boarding school honestly, lana del rey was a break from lizzy

I don't know where I sit on any of this... but.... I'd say the majority of Catholics accept gay people and also the majority of Catholics aren't 'practicing' catholics, more people born into the faith and believe in the broader ideas (eg there is a God). Someone who actively attends Hillsong is a bit different as it is a choice to convert/ actively attending services. 

I say this as a Gay person brought up Catholic. I actually still go to Church, but, I choose to believe that the Catholic Church is wrong on some teachings and go for my connection with God rather than then religion itself (dunno if that makes sense). 

Yeah that part made me cackle... 

Although, maybe they know something we don't  :shh:

That isn't what the pope said but anyway. 

Regardless of what the Church specifically says, my point was that 'being a catholic, because I was brought up with one and I believe in general Christain beliefs' is different to being a 'practicing catholic that goes to mass every week and subscribes to all the views of the Church'. For an adult to specifically choose a denomination, that is fair more aligned with believing in that denomination's beliefs. 

But as I said, we don't know what she believes. 

My point was I have far less of a problem with Lana being a 'nominal catholic', then choosing to go to Hillsong. At the end of the day, she can do what she wants, but I was just giving my two cents on the fact that there is a sliding scale of Catholicism and that most people sit at the non practicing end. 

i just wanted to add onto your statement saying we have to realize that churches preaching ignorant thoughts in their masses and telling those people who might be genuinely looking towards a higher being for hope and inspiration is disgusting and should not be considered practicing the religion. churches should be for telling the stories of the bible/whichever belief system and inspiring their communities while being a shoulder to lean on. they shouldn't be platforms that anyone who says they believe in god can stand on to preach what they think god wants. thanks.

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

When sis said “I said a prayer for a third time” this is not what I had in mind i9M3Vgw.png

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I'm so fascinated by the Californian version of religion, it just seems so weird and superficial. But yeah, Lana really needs to leave LA asap.

I actually think that it's more the HIllsong brand of religion, not just L.A. The only other religious folk I know irl who give off those same weird and superficial vibes have been involved with Hillsong.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

OR a gofundme

Help Lizzie Go BACK To The Trailer Park!!! :justride2:

Like stop buying her albums and/or merch all together? That's a little extreme   :D

Stripped of my own life

OR a gofundme

Help Lizzie Go BACK To The Trailer Park!!! :justride2:

What like a reverse gofundme where we take all of her money so she has no choice but to go back?  :rip:

Like stop buying her albums and/or merch all together? That's a little extreme   :D

honestly she's set for life, money's never enough and i'm sure she enjoys having a steady income but i don't think she needs us or our money anymore

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

honestly she's set for life, money's never enough and i'm sure she enjoys having a steady income but i don't think she needs us or our money anymore

It definitely feels like she doesn't need us anymore... Like what even is this era?

Now she's attending Bieber's Hillsong worship circle... I can't... Is matcha overdose a thing?

Stripped of my own life

I actually think that it's more the HIllsong brand of religion, not just L.A. The only other religious folk I know irl who give off those same weird and superficial vibes have been involved with Hillsong.

That might be true. I guess it just seems to me that rich, white people in L.A. have this weird surface level obsession with all things related to religion, spiritualism or the occult. But perhaps that just applies to rich, white people in general. 

I AM MY ONLY GOD