Sign in to follow this  
Flowerbomb

Lana attends Justin Bieber's Churchome service - April 3rd 2019

We all know by now Lana isn't exactly the brightest lamp out there, but maybe she found out what Hillsong does with gay people and decided to switch? Or maybe she already knew and just wanted fans to STFU.

Anyways...

It's just dumb to hate on her NOW as if she wasn't a Catholic all her life.

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

Lana: "Now that I'm a member, could I use the auditorium for an album release party during the week?"

Church staff: "Sure. What's it called?"

Lana: "Norman Fucking Rockwell."

Church staff: ...

Lana: oh also I want to perform songs from my other albums for the release party

Church staff: Oh what songs?

Lana: *Sings Cola, Gods & Monsters and FMWUTTT*

Church staff:.........

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

It's just dumb to hate on her NOW as if she wasn't a Catholic all her life.

I don't know where I sit on any of this... but.... I'd say the majority of Catholics accept gay people and also the majority of Catholics aren't 'practicing' catholics, more people born into the faith and believe in the broader ideas (eg there is a God). Someone who actively attends Hillsong is a bit different as it is a choice to convert/ actively attending services. 

I say this as a Gay person brought up Catholic. I actually still go to Church, but, I choose to believe that the Catholic Church is wrong on some teachings and go for my connection with God rather than then religion itself (dunno if that makes sense). 

And Lana Del Rey took some time out from her busy schedule... 

ok sure

Yeah that part made me cackle... 

Although, maybe they know something we don't  :shh:

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

Yep, I know, but at the same time the Church IS against gay people. Come on.. THE POPE said Gay people have to go to therapy as kids.

So, why is it OK for Lana to be Catholic and NOT for her to go to Hillsong or whatever other church. It's all a cult. Others cult-esque nature is more notorious because it's in a smaller scale and Catholic/Christian Church is super big and super accepted. What I'm trying to say... Doesn't make her homophobic at least per se, and we don't even know if she actually gives her money to their institution and if she does... Well, easy to just not support buying her stuff. Otherwise IDK what to say.

And this is coming from a Very Religious person btw. It's a cult. I don't subscribe to many of their statements and Idgaf what the Vatican says about Gay people, Women or sex.

this dumb bitch and her dumb bitch friends :eartha2:

Lololol that's what I'm thinking. She really tags along to anything. Just like she did w trap music.

Lololol that's what I'm thinking. She really tags along to anything. Just like she did w trap music.

at least now we can stop making excuses for them and hypothesizing that they might be nice people :lel:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Yep, I know, but at the same time the Church IS against gay people. Come on.. THE POPE said Gay people have to go to therapy as kids.

So, why is it OK for Lana to be Catholic and NOT for her to go to Hillsong or whatever other church. It's all a cult. Others cult-esque nature is more notorious because it's in a smaller scale and Catholic/Christian Church is super big and super accepted. What I'm trying to say... Doesn't make her homophobic at least per se, and we don't even know if she actually gives her money to their institution and if she does... Well, easy to just not support buying her stuff. Otherwise IDK what to say.

And this is coming from a Very Religious person btw. It's a cult. I don't subscribe to many of their statements and Idgaf what the Vatican says about Gay people, Women or sex.

That isn't what the pope said but anyway. 

Regardless of what the Church specifically says, my point was that 'being a catholic, because I was brought up with one and I believe in general Christain beliefs' is different to being a 'practicing catholic that goes to mass every week and subscribes to all the views of the Church'. For an adult to specifically choose a denomination, that is fair more aligned with believing in that denomination's beliefs. 

But as I said, we don't know what she believes. 

My point was I have far less of a problem with Lana being a 'nominal catholic', then choosing to go to Hillsong. At the end of the day, she can do what she wants, but I was just giving my two cents on the fact that there is a sliding scale of Catholicism and that most people sit at the non practicing end. 

Omg you're right! Damn fake news.

I still continue on what I'm saying, as there's no big difference - other Popes and Fathers have said many awful things about homosexuality, abortion, women and etc.

But anyways...

What's the other Church all about? The one she's supposedly going to now instead of Hillsong. It looks like Hillsong though. God i can't believe she's really doing this LMFAO. Was it the same friend on the other pics from other ocassions? They all look alike

Omg you're right! Damn fake news.

I still continue on what I'm saying, as there's no big difference between that and what all other Popes and Fathers have said about homosexuality, abortion, women and etc.

But anyways...

What's the other Church all about? The one she's supposedly going to now instead of Hillsong.

No I do agree - there isn't much of a difference at all. 

I have no problem with people criticising the Catholic Church the same as Hillsong as organisations, but my point was that there is a difference between being a nominal/non practicing Catholic and a Hillsong member, and thus why there is a difference between criticising a non practicing catholic and a practicing Hillsong member. 

I've not found much about Churchhome - but I believe they are a Bible Church which probably means similar beliefs to Hillsong. 

I get you and you're right though. Looking at it with that perspective, it kinda leaves a bad taste in the mouth. In my opinion between possible churches why is she sticking to Hillsong? That's weird. But maybe she's interested in how it works? And if it is the same friend as in the other pics maybe she's accompanying her... Idk why she would choose that one from all others lolol