American Whore

Lies Lana Has Told Us Thread

25 unreleased album

Didn’t she mention wanting to do a video for Change and/or Get Free as well?Not sure ab Cola but I think I read she was going to collaborate with Lou Reed on BB. He died the day she arrived though iirc. So not exactly a lie just bad luck

Change I believe was just a maybe. She said she "might" or was "thinking" of doing that .

I wish she wouldnt even tell us what she is thinking lol. Damn Geminis ;)

i mean most of these arent really lies because w most of these she was like "i might do x, but i'm not sure", but all of these are false hope tbh.

I remember this one time on her livestream she said Hollywood leaked with the wrong production and that she was gonna leak it w the right production, she never did.

She also said Venice Bitch and MAC were coming within the same week, Venice Bitch came out the week after MAC.

She probably also lied that she was gonna do something with the 2018 Starry Eyed, but we don't know yet.

She literally never said this. She only said it leaked with the wrong production and that's it. She never said she was going to leak it.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

that producers wouldn’t take her seriously because her voice was high - in reality all you have to do is realise she sent songs like moi je joue, boarding school and scarface to producers to realise the tone of her voice might not actually be the reason they wouldn’t take her seriously.

She literally never said this. She only said it leaked with the wrong production and that's it. She never said she was going to leak it.

Actually, she did. She said it got released with the wrong production, then she sang a little bit of it, and then she said "i'm gonna re-release that one at some point." It's around 6:02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_uPbknbxcc

qfrWuBl.png

Remember when she said that she was gonna make a video for "Bartender" instead of Cherry? Well  :flop:

She said she'd like to have a video for it... That one could still be true, if Bartender is on NFR (though I must say I am not sure at all about the video).

She really tells too much of what she wants to do, without thinking before if it's realistic with her schedule. 

It's pretty much confirmed that she did have work done on her face, right? She lied about that a few times. (Not trying to start anything, please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Even her whole background as a trailer park broke songwriter was questioned

While I think this thread is a good place to discuss things that are nearly universally believed to be lies (like the former) or even things some suspect may not be true (like the latter), I think the OP should stick to demonstrable lies, situations where she's said two mutually contradictory things, and unfulfilled promises.

Don't forget the year she was born

Yup. Perhaps the ur-lie of Lana lies. All the receipts linked in this post. (Also relevant, the lyrics of "My Momma" strongly hint at her having lied about her age in the opposite direction.)

A few others that came to mind most immediately:

• She's given two different explanations for what her M tattoo means. FWIW I suspect both are false and she's embarrassed by, ashamed of, and/or regrets the real meaning.
  • Saying she "graduated with a metaphysics degree". Fordham has never offered a major in metaphysics. It's possible her studies had an emphasis on metaphysics, but I guarantee you her degree, if she completed it-- and I think she probably did-- says "philosophy". Pedantic maybe, but still a lie.
  • That one time she was talking about a teacher who was clearly Mr. Campbell, but she lied about the teacher being a "she", I suspect because on some level she realized how inappropriate it sounds.
  • Lana saying that her family "never had any money". Another contender for the ur-lie of Lana lies. So unnecessary, and especially unfortunate that she responded to the (as far as I can tell) unsubstantiated and meritless allegations that her dad bought her career. Responding to that lie with this lie in the opposite direction really fed the inauthentic inauthenticity narratives. Perhaps arguable that this one is demonstrable, but I would argue there is enough evidence to conclude that it is.
  • The Institute of Innnovative Thinkers. Ha. It's basically become a clichéd metonym for this tendency of hers to make unrealized commitments. In now-deleted tweets, almost Trumpian levels of promised charitable donations with no follow through... or perhaps was there, albeit way later than promised?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

The Institute of Innnovative Thinkers. Ha. It's basically become a clichéd metonym for this tendency of hers to make unrealized commitments. In now-deleted tweets, almost Trumpian levels of promised charitable donations with no follow through... or perhaps was there, albeit way later than promised?

tenor.gif?itemid=7513882

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

While I think this thread is a good place to discuss things that are nearly universally believed to be lies (like the former) or even things some suspect may not be true (like the latter), I think the OP should stick to demonstrable lies, situations where she's said two mutually contradictory things, and unfulfilled promises.

Yup. Perhaps the ur-lie of Lana lies. All the receipts linked in this post. (Also relevant, the lyrics of "My Momma" strongly hint at her having lied about her age in the opposite direction.)

A few others that came to mind most immediately:

• She's given two different explanations for what her M tattoo means. FWIW I suspect both are false and she's embarrassed by, ashamed of, and/or regrets the real meaning.
  • Saying she "graduated with a metaphysics degree". Fordham has never offered a major in metaphysics. It's possible her studies had an emphasis on metaphysics, but I guarantee you her degree, if she completed it-- and I think she probably did-- says "philosophy". Pedantic maybe, but still a lie.
  • That one time she was talking about a teacher who was clearly Mr. Campbell, but she lied about the teacher being a "she", I suspect because on some level she realized how inappropriate it sounds.
  • Lana saying that her family "never had any money". Another contender for the ur-lie of Lana lies. So unnecessary, and especially unfortunate that she responded to the (as far as I can tell) unsubstantiated and meritless allegations that her dad bought her career. Responding to that lie with this lie in the opposite direction really fed the inauthentic inauthenticity narratives. Perhaps arguable that this one is demonstrable, but I would argue there is enough evidence to conclude that it is.
  • The Institute of Innnovative Thinkers. Ha. It's basically become a clichéd metonym for this tendency of hers to make unrealized commitments. In now-deleted tweets, almost Trumpian levels of promised charitable donations with no follow through... or perhaps was there, albeit way later than promised?

for her degree, sometimes degree's are sectioned up or have multiple names like mine does. my class has two seperate pathways under one name. technically my degree is immersive systems but i wouldn't ever say that to people, i would say i'm video games and virtual reality.

but coming off that, has anyone actually ever tried to do a timeline of lana's life? idk where she would even fit a four year degree (presumably four) in amongst her singing, living in a trailer park, being a junkie mess, recording 20 million songs, releasing albums, doing charity work on reservations...etc.

She also said at one point her management came up with the lana del rey name or helped her,then said it was because of the seaside and her Mexican friends and something to do with a car aswell-we all know it came from her exs fantasy of children's names.

I doubt she even had many friends of Spanish ancestry back then lmao.

that producers wouldn’t take her seriously because her voice was high - in reality all you have to do is realise she sent songs like moi je joue, boarding school and scarface to producers to realise the tone of her voice might not actually be the reason they wouldn’t take her seriously.

well maybe it's not a matter of lies but rather her deeply believing that :rip:

I love her as a whole but she's so strong with her vision she sometimes gets blinded by it

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

2012: "I'm going to release a video for Dark Paradise"

2017: "I'm going to release a video for Cherry"

Let's not forget about Ooh Baby...... and Pretty When You Cry............ and Black Beauty............. and the apparent Cola video someone else mentioned but I've never heard about that one 

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL