American Whore

Lies Lana Has Told Us Thread

Omg, I had no idea about this one. That's a pretty awful thing to do tbh  :facepalm:  :deadbanana:  :toofunny:

**Not to be confused with the Starry Eyes we already have that leaked forever ago

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

but coming off that, has anyone actually ever tried to do a timeline of lana's life? idk where she would even fit a four year degree (presumably four) in amongst her singing, living in a trailer park, being a junkie mess, recording 20 million songs, releasing albums, doing charity work on reservations...etc.

I haven't (and I doubt I'd be suitable to even try, I would need a LOT of help from everyone here on LB if so), but the closest "timeline" I can think of is the translation I did of the audio documentary on Lana earlier this year. It's pretty vague though, they don't mention any years or so.

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/10500-p3-music-documentary-lana-del-rey-queen-of-sad-girls/

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Maybe the age thing is as simple as she was feeling insecure about it when asked (which is understandable for someone in such a high-pressure industry) and decided to shave off a year. Maybe it was the label.

Maybe she had to repeat a year somewhere in her schooling, and didn't want people to know/was embarrassed, so she subtracted a year. Considering her problems with alcohol that isn't out of the question; it's plausible that she may've missed some school.

Maybe it was her way of keeping something to herself when having to share so much of herself with the public. Or maybe she was trying to throw people off so when they'd try to look up her personal information they couldn't find her.

I also thought she seemed as high as a kite in that Turkish interview when she was asked about it, so there's that.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

When she said in December 2017 that she will be coming back to Poland in about 3 to 5 months

She even lied about releasing MAC and VB in one week wtf

She certainly has a very volatile and complicated relationship with the truth; perhaps she should write a song about it. And then lie about that song's release date.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

-Being sober

-Being clean

Like I get why, but maybe try to hide it a little better while you're lying about it? :um3:

I think that one was true, actually. She gave the Pitchfork interviewer a "no comment" on whether or not she had remained sober in 2017. I guess she started drinking again around that time - we started seeing her with glasses of alcohol then as well.

I think that one was true, actually. She gave the Pitchfork interviewer a "no comment" on whether or not she had remained sober in 2017. I guess she started drinking again around that time - we started seeing her with glasses of alcohol then as well.

When LFL was premiering she also said so while laughing in that karaoke-ish event. So she's probably drinking again. But then with that Courtney Love i review came a statement that she doesn't at all. "are you OK with kids knowing you don't drink or do drugs" or something like that. Idk honestly 

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

When LFL was premiering she also said so while laughing in that karaoke-ish event. So she's probably drinking again. But then with that Courtney Love i review came a statement that she doesn't at all. "are you OK with kids knowing you don't drink or do drugs" or something like that. Idk honestly 

She said what while laughing?

I’m pretty sure she at least smokes weed too. I mean HBTB, Brooklyn Baby, Venice Bitch all talk about getting high (although at the same time, Florida Kilos was on UV too so who knows)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

She said what while laughing?

Can't find that particular video but she was asked about using stuff if I remember correctly and she said no comment which can be heard in the beggining here

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Can't find that particular video but she was asked about using stuff if I remember correctly and she said no comment which can be heard in the beggining here

Some fan asked her “Have you EVER done heroin?” while she was talking about Heroin (the song) and then she replied “No comment.” (https://youtu.be/KYxo1ckE5ZU 35:15)

Of course she was a drug addict in the past but this particular answer wasn’t about her present alcohol/drug use. Please check your facts before you post such things, I get pointing Lana’s lies about music videos, re-releases or whatever, but straight up talking about her possible drinking relapse because “I think she said so-and-so” is a very serious allegation and it’s simply not ok.

The most common belief of where her name came from:  

"I wanted a name I could shape the music towards. I was going to Miami quite a lot at the time, speaking a lot of Spanish with my friends from Cuba – Lana Del Rey reminded us of the glamour of the seaside. It sounded gorgeous coming off the tip of the tongue."

Thought to be inspired by actress Lana Turner and the LA neighbourhood Del Rey OR the Ford Del Rey sedan. 

But, a conflicting interview from early in her career: source

Was it a conscious decision to be a solo artist, and where does your stage name Lana Del Rey come from / why did you choose to use this instead of your real name?
“No. I wanted to be a band but the label I was with and the team I had around me absolutely wanted me to be a solo artist. Lana Del Rey came from a series of managers and lawyers over the last 5 years who wanted a name that they thought better fit the sound of the music. My music was always kind of cinematic so they wanted a name that reflected the glamour of the sound.”

The most common belief of where her name came from:  

"I wanted a name I could shape the music towards. I was going to Miami quite a lot at the time, speaking a lot of Spanish with my friends from Cuba – Lana Del Rey reminded us of the glamour of the seaside. It sounded gorgeous coming off the tip of the tongue."

Thought to be inspired by actress Lana Turner and the LA neighbourhood Del Rey OR the Ford Del Rey sedan. 

But, a conflicting interview from early in her career: source

Was it a conscious decision to be a solo artist, and where does your stage name Lana Del Rey come from / why did you choose to use this instead of your real name?

“No. I wanted to be a band but the label I was with and the team I had around me absolutely wanted me to be a solo artist. Lana Del Rey came from a series of managers and lawyers over the last 5 years who wanted a name that they thought better fit the sound of the music. My music was always kind of cinematic so they wanted a name that reflected the glamour of the sound.”

Read it closer - it's not a contradiction at all. The second quote is about people around her convincing her she should have a name other than a band name, or 'Lizzy Grant', while the first quote is about where the specific name 'Lana Del Rey' came from. (It's illogical that 'a series of managers and lawyers' would have somehow collectively come up with the name 'Lana Del Rey').

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Read it closer - it's not a contradiction at all. The second quote is about people around her convincing her she should have a name other than a band name, or 'Lizzy Grant', while the first quote is about where the specific name 'Lana Del Rey' came from. (It's illogical that 'a series of managers and lawyers' would have somehow collectively come up with the name 'Lana Del Rey').

The only contradiction was whether she came up with the idea for another name or her managers prompted her to. In the first quote she says "I". In the second she says "they". That's all. I think she was the one who decided on Lana Del Rey

But it's good to see you back longtimeman!