American Whore

Lies Lana Has Told Us Thread

"In the meantime though I’d like to apologize in advance for upcoming cancellations of shows you’ll be hearing about– I wish I could fulfill those obligations but I won’t be able to"

It's been 3 months and we haven't heard shit, did she cancel her cancellations?  :rip: 

"In the meantime though I’d like to apologize in advance for upcoming cancellations of shows you’ll be hearing about– I wish I could fulfill those obligations but I won’t be able to"

It's been 3 months and we haven't heard shit, did she cancel her cancellations?  :rip: 

Knowing her, yes

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

She also said at one point her management came up with the lana del rey name or helped her,then said it was because of the seaside and her Mexican friends and something to do with a car aswell-we all know it came from her exs fantasy of children's names.

I doubt she even had many friends of Spanish ancestry back then lmao.

If she told me she can walk on water I would, except the story of where she got the name from her (insert some Hispanic country) friend... or from the AeStHetiCz of Miami... never believed that 

Dark Paradise was also supposed to have a video.

and "...details to come next week" (irrelevant but we're STILL waiting lol)

She wanted to do Tropico pt 2, which could still be a possibility, but i doubt it.

apart from Tropico 2... I swore she said she wanted to do the same thing  with Honeymoon (album)

the apparent Cola video someone else mentioned but I've never heard about that one 

when I joined the site there was an obsession of people here (especially that Kevin twink) waiting for Lana to release it bc she had mentioned of wanting to do so 

-That she would put out Life is Beautiful just for the fans

-Unreleased compilation album

-PWYC video

-Top of the year

-May 1st, 2014

-"I didn't do shit to my lips"

-Would put out Starry Eyed for terminally ill kids (she even lies to dying children, y'all)

-Cherry video

-Putting out a rerelease of Lana Del Ray

-Details to follow next week

-Cola/Dark Paradise

-The original LFL singles getting an EP release

a good % of these just seem like things she wanted to do but probably couldn't cause she was depressed and i don't think we should vilify her for that.

I agree, I definitely have sympathy for that. I think it's more a frustration that she tends to speak out about ideas long before they have any basis in reality, so people get hyped and then stuff never comes out.

Big picture, Lana has given us a lot of stuff over the years, she has a pretty big output compared to a lot of other artists out there. I'm certainly very grateful for that.

There is a difference between lies to lack of interest / time to continue a certain project.

Doesn't apply to all of the examples you all listed up above though. 

:kiss2:

giphy.gif

-That she would put out Life is Beautiful just for the fans

-Unreleased compilation album

-PWYC video

-Top of the year

-May 1st, 2014

-"I didn't do shit to my lips"

-Would put out Starry Eyed for terminally ill kids (she even lies to dying children, y'all)

-Cherry video

-Putting out a rerelease of Lana Del Ray

-Details to follow next week

-Cola/Dark Paradise

-The original LFL singles getting an EP release

Omg, I had no idea about this one. That's a pretty awful thing to do tbh  :facepalm:  :deadbanana:  :toofunny:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

She also said at one point her management came up with the lana del rey name or helped her,then said it was because of the seaside and her Mexican friends and something to do with a car aswell-we all know it came from her exs fantasy of children's names.

I doubt she even had many friends of Spanish ancestry back then lmao.

Yeah I remember that, I think she said she had Mexican friends in Florida (Miami?) who she spoke spanish with.

It's weird how much stuff she has lied about, maybe she is a crazy fantasist and almost nothing shes said is true. I don't believe she was an alcoholic either -  it would make sense she just made that up as the reason she went to boarding school - it doesn't sound cool to have went to boarding school because you were rich and your parents sent you compared to you being wild and an alcoholic and having to be sent to be kept off the streets lol

Probably a same thing with the Spanish, she probably had a Spanish tutor or something to learn it but she just says she learned it by speaking to her Mexican friends in Florida.

Yeah I remember that, I think she said she had Mexican friends in Florida (Miami?) who she spoke spanish with.

It's weird how much stuff she has lied about, maybe she is a crazy fantasist and almost nothing shes said is true. I don't believe she was an alcoholic either -  it would make sense she just made that up as the reason she went to boarding school - it doesn't sound cool to have went to boarding school because you were rich and your parents sent you compared to you being wild and an alcoholic and having to be sent to be kept off the streets lol

Probably a same thing with the Spanish, she probably had a Spanish tutor or something to learn it but she just says she learned it by speaking to her Mexican friends in Florida.

she was definitely an alcoholic, and probably a drug addict. she really went to AA.

https://twitter.com/MissDaytona/status/18271805162

https://twitter.com/MissDaytona/status/18271851871

that quote is from AA's book

giphy.gif