Beautiful Loser

Born to Die - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?

• Born to Die
    • Off to the Races
    • Blue Jeans
    • Video Games
    • Diet Mountain Dew
    • National Anthem
    • Dark Paradise
    • Radio
    • Carmen
    • Million Dollar Man
    • Summertime Sadness
    • This Is What Makes Us Girls
    • Without You
    • Lolita
    • Lucky Ones

16 minutes ago, Fireffie said:

Can anyone who has the red target or the blue vinyl of BTD confirm me that they're both standard versions? The deluxe was only pressed in standard black, right?

Yes the deluxe was only pressed on black vinyl. The red and blue are both the standard, but the blue does have better packaging than the regular standard if that means anything.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

23 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

Yes the deluxe was only pressed on black vinyl. The red and blue are both the standard, but the blue does have better packaging than the regular standard if that means anything.

can you describe how the packaging is better? I know its the only version that comes with the blue BORN TO DIE text but is it special in any other way?

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

18 minutes ago, Pin Up Galore said:

can you describe how the packaging is better? I know its the only version that comes with the blue BORN TO DIE text but is it special in any other way?

There’s a gatefold and the liner is sturdier and blue instead of the generic white paper one. And her name, the title, and the roses imagery is on both sides of the label instead of just on the A side. Overall, it just looks like more thought was put into it.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I listend to it the other day and it was a great trip down memory lane. The era is iconic. The only thing that made no sense is the fact that National Anthem is a single. It doesn't feel like a single for me, Off To The Races would've been better as a single. Lucky Ones should've been the closing track and not TIWMUG.

Mfhp.gif

ok so this is a little random but i was re-reading this thread and it was bringing back my own memories of discovering lana

so it was the fall of 2014, I was 11 and in 6th grade (just to make everyone on here feel older than you should):sass: and I would ride the bus home. I didnt have any close friends on my bus route so I spent the 45 minute ride home gazing out the window and listening to music. since I had recently gotten an Iphone 5c with an itunes radio account that I shared with my older sister I was privy to all of her music choices, which among other artists like marina and the arctic monkeys included lana

I still remember the first song i played being radio and just having my little 11 year old mind blown away by it all and those bus rides were spent listening to lana from that point on. 

I used to get bullied a lot by the other boys on the bus because I wasnt athletic and because by that point it was pretty easy to tell that im gay, but id turn up the music and listen to this album (and ultraviolence the hot new girl on the block at the time) and drown out all the background noise.

Its been years now and im set to graduate high school in June but ill never forget the first time i heard this album, and the journey it has lead me on since then. I truly truly love her music and it holds such a special place in my heart.  

I cant believe Im writing this, BUT IVE ORDERED THE BORN TO DIE PARADISE EDITION BOXSET:eartha:

img%5D

This is the one Im talking about:hdu: Got it from ebay for 80 euro's:understand:

She is a bit defect, but who am I to complain:xgiggle:

3 minutes ago, LanasC keSpoon said:

I cant believe Im writing this, BUT IVE ORDERED THE BORN TO DIE PARADISE EDITION BOXSET:eartha:

img%5D

This is the one Im talking about:hdu: Got it from ebay for 80 euro's:understand:

She is a bit defect, but who am I to complain:xgiggle:

OMG IT LOOKS SO PRETTY CONGRATS !! :wub::wub: 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

my fav tracks are born to die, off to the races, video games, lolita and lucky ones... diet mountain dew is a close contender 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

BTD, OTTR and Million Dollar Man are the holy trinity for me

A timeless classic that I will force my future children to listen to <3

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

What a stunning debut. I don’t think I’ve ever talked about how much I love Born to Die on here and that’s a shame because it truly is one of the best albums of all time (alongside Lana’s other records of course).

The STAR POWER this album holds - despite being an album created before her career even took off - is immaculate. There’s so much personality and attitude that feels fully-formed and developed for what felt like such a new artist (but of course, we know that Lana has always had in herself a natural-born gift for writing). 

The storytelling of this album, the way it exudes Hollywood glamour with this emcee swag, is innovative and truly something that is once-in-a-lifetime. I truly don’t think there will ever be an artist in the next few years to come who is as prolific as Lana Del Rey, who effortlessly weaves words and melodies derived from her experiences to build these magical worlds. Born to Die is her doing that at its grandest, and over the years we’ve seen her strip away some of the background of this world-building and still take us to magical places. Wow. 

The title track is a soaring, mournful lament on lost love. Off to the Races is an epic that makes me think of the great work of Charles Bukowski. Blue Jeans is all-things-cool and has this smoky, classical-American feel to it. Video Games is a classic, too much to say. Diet Mountain Dew is another iconic song, one that represents the legacy of both Lana Del Rey’s coolness and Lizzy Grant’s kitsch. National Anthem appeared as vapid to critics and other alt. singers but is really a brilliant commentary on society and indulgence, it’s an allegory within itself, truly a masterpiece that was ahead of its time, and to me, contains some of Lana’s best lyricism of all time (that bridge is my favourite thing ever), and so on and so forth...

Can’t believe it’s going to turn 10 in January. Truly a body of work that has stood the test of time and will continue to pave the way for generations to come. 

Honestly, BTD made me who I am. It's given me comfort everyone deserves and the energy to keep me going.

Sometimes I think it's her best album. Above all, I'm the most sentimental when it comes to this one :ahh:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Sometimes I forget how unique, innovative, and mesmerizing Video Games, Born to Die, and Blue Jeans felt when I heard them for the first time. Truly unlike anything else I had ever heard at the time. She REALLY changed the game. Wow.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

...so.... is there any difference at all between the special and "old" version, soundwise, or not??? :crossed:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

18 hours ago, 13beachess said:

...so.... is there any difference at all between the special and "old" version, soundwise, or not??? :crossed:

No. This is just from when Burning Desire was finally made available on Spotify.

BTW @mods, for some reason this thread is in the "Music" section. Could anyone move it to "Lana News" or "New Releases"? @Clampigirl @Hundred Dollar Bill

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

4 hours ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

No. This is just from when Burning Desire was finally made available on Spotify.

BTW @mods, for some reason this thread is in the "Music" section. Could anyone move it to "Lana News" or "New Releases"? @Clampigirl @Hundred Dollar Bill

Maybe the Born to Die post-release thread could be a better home for this discussion tho? :dua: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

On 4/15/2020 at 11:00 AM, Clampigirl said:

@@Elle Can this be moved to the post-release BTD thread? I feel like it’ll fit in there. :3

1 hour ago, Glitter Boy said:

Maybe the Born to Die post-release thread could be a better home for this discussion tho? :dua: 

Seems like I had the same thought in 2020 - I’ll go ahead and merge this thread with the BTD post-release thread since Elle hasn’t said anything. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png