Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Lana Del Rey talks Fragrance, Poetry, and New Music in new article with Elle Canada (April 2019)

When you are there and there is a quiet moment scream at her to do this is what makes us girls or yosemite or any other song she rarely performs live like Money Power Glory, if she did something more unique at least it would give you a better experience

Clampigirl: "YOSEMITE!!! YOSEMITE!!!! YOSEMITE!!!"

Lana: "Huh? What?"

Clampigirl: "YOSEMITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!"

Lana: "Aww well we weren't going to play that but since my babies want it so much ^_^....ok guys lets do Video Games!"

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Fuck, what if she scrapped the original album with cinnamon and In Your Car, so we’re never getting those songs.

What is it with the "scrap-phobia" everyone has here?!?!

Objectively, she never scrapped that much over the years once she started sharing parts of an album. When she is recording it, yes, songs get tossed aside, but she aint' different from other artists. 

Let me bring to you the "good news" I have been telling for months: she can't scrap the whole thing. Jack was not as available as Rick was (since he is based in NYC) to write and record new songs on the spot. If she does put aside Jack's work, I'm not sure she would still be in good terms with him, changing the direction of the album last minute. 

Wait, does anyone else remember her saying that she named the album "Norman Fucking Rockwell" because it was her favourite track? 

And now her favourite tracks are VB, MAC and Hope. 

Where's that "lies" thread ... 

"Venice Bitch" would annoy me to no end. "Mariners Apartment Complex" sounds basic. "Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have - But I Have It" would be the best out of the three in my opinion, though it's way too long even as an album name. I definitely think "Hope Is A Dangerous Thing To Have - But I Have It" or just "Hope Is A Dangerous Thing" would sound a lot better.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

No, she did say she met Jack in December. Which makes me believe that Bartender was produced by Jack as well and my have a chance on ending up on the album. 

It sort of came about because I met Jack Antonoff last year up at the Clive Davis party before the Grammys and he said that we should get in the studio

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a26206365/lana-del-rey-gucci-interview/

Even Lana doesn't seem to know when she met him but if it was at the Clive Davis party then he couldn't have produced Bartender because she mentioned it at the Grammys which were only like a day later 

When she performs at festivals, it's pretty rare that a new song other than the singles is perfromed actually, album out or not.

I know that. At least it seems like her band knows Venice so hopefully I’ll get to hear it live too... I’d cry if they play it, no matter if she sings along or not.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

My take on it is that she's holding off the album because she doesn't wanna deal with the promotional grind.  Touring, interviews, videos, etc.  It's like she's basically trying to figure out how to have her cake and eat it too.  If she could put the album out and not be expected to jump through all those hoops, I'm sure she would.  But maybe she's waiting til she feels like she can handle all the responsibilities that go with promoting an album.  Like someone said earlier, if it wasn't for the Gucci campaign, we wouldn't have any of this era's interviews.

26vMNDz.gif

I’m in Canada rn, so I’m gonna try my hardest to get one lol

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Watch me scream from the top of my lungs for Yosemite, Architecture, Flipside, Queen of disaster and Hollywood. And Scarface, just for fun.

LET'S. every LB user who's going to Lolla Stockholm should do this tbh

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Omg I just saw the “I don’t know when it’s going to come out.” Like, sis, how unprofessional can you be?

Everyone has made it clear that there’s no reason for the delay. It’s just Lana being the way that she is.

instead of hoping for non-coming news etc, maybe we should all convince ourselves the album's NOT coming (even if it does... eventually, in the end of the earth...)

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

When she mentioned in the interview about how during the BTD era she travelled across England to different producers every day, and I think she NEEDS to do that again. Like if she did, she might put more effort into her work. Whereas now, like she said, the studio is close to her home, so she can be more lazy, basically.

She flew her ass to Sweden to ask Max Martin for advice on Lust for Life and look what happened  :rip:  

Lana Del Rey has an impressive following within the ASMR community. Thanks to the singer’s signature breathy speaking voice, her recorded interviews have been spliced together to make ASMR compilations that are admittedly difficult to turn off.

*Instapot bubbling in the background* *puts on coffee* *speaks breathily* I just like *sniffs Gucci Guilty perfume* the masters *puts on bath* of every genre *washes hair*

I kind of have a process when I write: If I’m writing at night, I take a bath, I put on my favourite lotion and my favourite perfume.

Petition for Lana to partake in a revival of @@YUNGATA 's bathtime tinychats.

I’m like 'less and less...until I become invisible.'

inb4 the redone cover of NFR is a Rockwell homage in disappearing ink and the album just tracks of white noise

I’d met Jared a couple times before but I didn’t really know what that was going to be like. I definitely grew up watching him on My So Called Life.

*record scratch sound* Hold the phone. Didn't she say before that she didn't watch TV/didn't have a TV growing up?

cooking in an Instant Pot

Really unfortunate this name was squandered on a cooking device and not on, like, Uber for weed.

I have a couple more songs I’m gonna release before [the album is out].

Release a couple more songs and the album effectively would be out.

[No context]

I got lucky with him.

*FMWUTTT plays*

I’m always a little hesitant when people do crossover things. But I

Lana: People trading on their name in another field is lame... except when I do it!

Rules for thee, but not for me.

I decided I was either going to put them into a book or do a spoken word type thing. A two hour like, not an audiobook, but basically an audiobook. I think the people who like my music would really like the words.

Dear Lana,

Please do this. I swear I'll buy lots of copies and wouldn't dream of editing it to make you say even stupider things on a Lana Del Reydio podcast at some point in the future. I swear on the timely release of NFR.

Cheers,

ee

I’m even trying to remember how I learned different stanzas and ways of phrasing things. I’m like, 'Did I learn that in my 11th grade poetry class?'

Dr. Frankenstein's Mr. Campbell's monster

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I swear Lana wants us all to have a mental breakdown :crying4:

WELL I GUESS I'M TRYING TO BE

NONCHALANT ABOUT IT

AND I'M GOING TO EXTREMES TO PROVE

I'M FINE WITHOUT YOU

BUT IN REALITY I'M SLOWLY LOSING MY MIND

UNDERNEATH A GUISE OF A SMILE

GRADUALLY I'M DYING INSIDE

FRIENDS ASK ME HOW I FEEL

AND I LIE CONVINCINGLY

'CAUSE I DON'T WANT TO REVEAL

THE FACT THAT I'M SUFFERING