Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Lana Del Rey talks Fragrance, Poetry, and New Music in new article with Elle Canada (April 2019)

She flew her ass to Sweden to ask Max Martin for advice on Lust for Life and look what happened  :rip:  

some points were made :oic:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Is she on the cover?

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Actually turned out to be a pretty insightful interview in revealing her process and intentions. Unsurprisingly it confirms that she is the one that is holding up the album, which will no doubt annoy a lot of fans but it's whatever. It feels like this is the way she has always been if you look back to her myspace accounts, her youtube channel and overall very scattered online presence. We know she had 100s of songs but only directly shared a handful she liked. I think she is really enjoying living a simple life and she has always said she writes the best when she is happy, Video Games came out of "giving up" trying to make it happen. She has put out albums so rapidly since she became famous and it has been of a really consistent quality, she doesn't owe us anything. I personally think Mariners Apartment Complex, Venice Bitch and Sylvia are some of her best songs so I'm sure the album is going to be like interchangeably in her top 3 albums. 

I understand it's the fact that it is literally done and has been for a while and she has no intention of putting it out that is annoying people but for whatever reason right now doesn't "feel" like the right time for her. I will say that I am typically very opposed to artists releasing a string of tracks that aren't really "singles" before an album because it just lessens the impact of hearing an entire body of work in one serving and kind of diminishes the status of it as an album, so I'm not a fan of her choosing that route.

I'm now just wondering what the Steven Klein shoot was for because her tweet was ambiguous enough for it to be either the album cover or a V mag story. Her not having a plan would prob negate it being for V.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

It sort of came about because I met Jack Antonoff last year up at the Clive Davis party before the Grammys and he said that we should get in the studio

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a26206365/lana-del-rey-gucci-interview/

Even Lana doesn't seem to know when she met him but if it was at the Clive Davis party then he couldn't have produced Bartender because she mentioned it at the Grammys which were only like a day later 

Oh I'm so sorry! I don't remember that interview... I wa sure they had met before the Grammys. 

Like you said, she doesn't even seem to remember when she met him :/

Oh I'm so sorry! I don't remember that interview... I wa sure they had met before the Grammys. 

Like you said, she doesn't even seem to remember when she met him :/

She remembers. She's just making stuff up as usual. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I don't get why everyone is blaming her "housewives" friends for the delay. 

I'm not blaming them for the delay. Lana said this record is sort of about a day in the life, and I just don't want to hear songs about what her and her friends get up to. So I hope she started hanging with them after the record was complete

I'm not blaming them for the delay. Lana said this record is sort of about a day in the life, and I just don't want to hear songs about what her and her friends get up to. So I hope she started hanging with them after the record was complete

Ok! The «day-in-life», to me, meant that the album had no real super hits, like a minimalistic production, something mellow to listen it everyday. I never thought that her and her friends hanging out could affect the lyrics. I'm with you on that one, though: I don't want lyrics about her drinking matcha and doing yoga or something like that. 

Can she at least give an idea of when the next song is coming  :crossed:

So she wants to drag on the pre-release period... A Spring single would be welcomed very soon, Miss Del Rey, if you want to release a couple of songs before the whole damn thing. 

I know that. At least it seems like her band knows Venice so hopefully I’ll get to hear it live too... I’d cry if they play it, no matter if she sings along or not.

I do wish for you that she will be playing at least Venice Bitch and Mariners this Summer. But hey, we never know: she said she wanted to have a couple more songs out before NFR, so maybe a new single out soon that she will perform at festivals? 

My take on it is that she's holding off the album because she doesn't wanna deal with the promotional grind.  Touring, interviews, videos, etc.  It's like she's basically trying to figure out how to have her cake and eat it too.  If she could put the album out and not be expected to jump through all those hoops, I'm sure she would.  But maybe she's waiting til she feels like she can handle all the responsibilities that go with promoting an album.  Like someone said earlier, if it wasn't for the Gucci campaign, we wouldn't have any of this era's interviews.

Then Lana needs to go independent and use Pledge Music. Interscope isn't going to put up with her bullshit forever. They might even drop her if her album keeps selling less and less. 

Clampigirl: "YOSEMITE!!! YOSEMITE!!!! YOSEMITE!!!"

Lana: "Huh? What?"

Clampigirl: "YOSEMITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!"

Lana: "Aww well we weren't going to play that but since my babies want it so much ^_^....ok guys lets do Video Games!"

This is exactly how it happens too. Then she does her little twirl while singing it.  :facepalm:

giphy.gif

“I was going to create my own fragrance just for fun. Literally the next week, Gucci asked me to be the face of theirs, so I took it as a sign.”

I hate you Gucci for this I hate you

I want that Lana perfume

Yeah, I actually do really wonder what her perfume would have been like. I tested Gucci Guilty and didn't like it, but I srsly doubt she wears it anyway.

"I put on my favourite lotion and my favourite perfume. I have a process for getting ready for the day too. [...] put on your daytime perfume."

Does anyone know what her day and night perfumes are? :creep: I would legit love to know that. 

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

Still waiting for her to release a fragrance... Actually I think about this since I became a stan when Paradise came out. Always thought of it as a sweet/fresh fragrance, something for summer days.

Maybe someday she release something, let's hope.

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

I feel like the moment for that has passed by now since her image is not as glamorous as it used to be in the first half of her career. It would have been an experience though, something with the theme of classic americana and a gorgeous high budget commercial of course. An experience to behold forever.