Say Yes to Heaven

New single: "Doin' Time" (Sublime cover) - OUT NOW

Halsey about to break the top 100 on iTunes already with that cringe song while Doin Time is n/a. A literal hate crime.

dont hate me but the chorus of her new song literally gave me life...... the rest of the song was bad though lol, only the rock and roll chorus was good lol

The lyrics seem pretty Lana-esque to me (I know she didn't write them, but they seem akin to her). Also the production seems *very* Lana-esque (i.e. vocal harmonizing/layering, use of harp, operatic backing vocals), so I'm hoping she gets a co-producer credit out of this. Wouldn't mind it being on NFR as a closer (i.e., like an encore as she did with DLMBM on HM), but this makes the most sense if the album is pretty long with original material (like HM), which I hope it is.

The original Doin Time was produced by David Kahne one of her earlier collaborators. Who was also the primary producer on her projects Kill Kill and Lana Del Ray. Talk about full circle

qg9sPKk.jpg

IS THIS A FUCKING DREAM?????? OMG

the song sounds amazing my anus is beating 

tumblr_o3k2s0IT4d1uvva9wo1_500.gif

if you're not literally physically turned on by the "evil" part, you're missing out :hoe:

I just wanted to mention that part, so sexy. Also, I feel like she’s using new “styles“ of singing?

Can anyone tell if there’s autotune during some parts?

i've been waiting for your response to the thread tbh :creep: what's it like to have Lana cover a song just for you?

Almost as cool as references in three other songs and an album title:smokes4: 

:legend:

if you're not literally physically turned on by the "evil" part, you're missing out  :hoe:

I just wanted to mention that part, so sexy.

:grinds:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I had no expectations for this, but WOW. I LOVE IT. If I didn’t know better, I’d think it was a pre-BTD era unreleased.

The backing vocals and the “eeeeeeeVIL, I’ve come to tell you that she’s evil, most definite-it-ley” ... I didn’t think sis still had that in her, but god damn, I’m so grateful for this track :defeated: on repeat.

Oh, and I personally don’t have a problem with the abrupt ending at all. The lyrics give me a tense, “hottest part of summer and tensions are high” vibe, and I feel like the sudden ending goes well with that.

giphy-1.gif 

Holy fuck i always thought she was holding a clutch in this photo but it's a cat?!

Birds ain't the only animals she's forced to make her music for her. #AnimalAppropriation

You can first hear Maru the Cat meowing repeatedly on "Carmen" at 0:14 and also on WY at 0:17. There's even a yipping puppy on the bridge of NA at 2:24 and an auto-tuned whale at 0:25 of LO.

A bad sample, repeated often with unwarranted glee.

i honestly did NOT know this was a cover so i kept sitting here thinking she's was in a new relationship with a girl 

also didnt help the fact that i didnt know what lbc was so i now i just sing she's well qualified to represent the LGBT  :ohno: :toofunny: 

#lesbian anthem  :hooker: 

luv it tho 

EQFO7rX.png

Did not notice this before but the genre of this song is actually POP which is kind of new thing since all of her songs are considered as alternative. 

yeah that triggered me when I saw it on Apple Music