caolicolor

Magdalena Bay

FQi_geiP_400x400.jpg

Magdalena Bay is a pop duo comprised of Mica Tenenbaum (songwriting and vocals) and Matthew Lewin (songwriting, vocals and production). The duo has been writing together since high school and started making pop as Magdalena Bay in 2016. Inspiration is drawn from retro pop songwriting and contemporary production-- the result has been a collection of upbeat and synth-driven singles.

SOCIAL:

https://twitter.com/magdalenabay

https://www.instagram.com/magdalenabay/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq-7yYicw8cT6clJ64uXicA?

VHshv7gl.png

I really liked the new songs added to Mercurial World Deluxe!! “All You Do” being my favorite (“I live for that moment, die when it’s over, so hold me like you should”) I did not enjoy the added “secrets” between tracks because it interrupts the incredible song transitions from the original version of MW :( 

MagBay livestreams on YouTube on Mondays and they are very friendly and charming. It’s cool to see how they make their music and music videos.

I like how they made the deluxe a whole new version of the album instead of just having it be the original album with the deluxe tracks tacked on at the end, but I also very much so prefer the original album bsjdjjd. The deluxe is a nice separate thing to have tbh but the original album has much better flow and cohesion (and I’m not a big fan of the secrets lol).

qfrWuBl.png

My favorites from the OG album were Something for 2 and You Lose! and I’m pumped to get through the entire deluxe record. Definitely agreed on the flow interruption comments made earlier but the secrets are just cute lil tidbits which I really appreciate :trisha: 

On second thot tho maybe they’d be better off making a behind the scenes kind of reel instead of putting the ‘secrets’ on a record? I saw Kacey Musgraves recently put out a making-the-album video on YouTube and it was cool to see that footage :true:

mercurial world deluxe should've had new transitions for the secrets and new tracks

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7