Sign in to follow this  
jvcx

Cyberpunk 2077

cybrrr.png

cyberpunk.net

THE REAL YOU IS NOT ENOUGH. 

Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality. You can customize your character’s cyberware, skillset and playstyle, and explore a vast city where the choices you make shape the story and the world around you.

Cyberpunk 2077 is an upcoming role-playing video game developed and published by CD Projekt, releasing for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on 16 April 2020. Adapted from the 1988 tabletop game Cyberpunk 2020, it is set fifty-seven years later in dystopian Night City, California, an open world with six distinct regions. In a first-person perspective, players assume the role of the customisable mercenary V, who can reach prominence in three character classes by applying experience points to stat upgrades. V has an arsenal of ranged weapons and options for melee combat.

Play as a mercenary outlaw

The game is played in a first-person perspective as V, a mercenary whose sex, hairstyles, face, body type, body modifications, background, and clothing are customisable. V's clothing alters how interactions fare with non-player characters, who are also at V's disposal for romantic and sexual relationships; some characters will be gay, heterosexual - it has been mentioned that most characters will be bisexual. Players will be able to choose a first and last name and their future path with multiple branching quest-lines as well as pick their life-story (major life event, their reason for going to Night City, etc.) furthering the immersion and role playing aspects.

Stat categories—Strength, Constitution, Intelligence, Reflex, Tech, and Cool—are malleable to the character classes that players assume, which are mainly NetRunner (hacking), Techie (machinery), and Solo (combat).

V must consult a "ripperdoc" to upgrade and purchase cyberware implants, at the cost of eurodollars, more so in black markets for military-grade abilities. Colours signify the rarity of any given equipment, from "uncommon" (green) to "epic" (purple). V can take cover, aim, run on the ground and walls, jump, double jump, and slide. If provided with arm blades, V may climb walls and, like with other close-combat weapons, deal melee strikes. There are three types of ranged weapons—Power (standard), Tech (which penetrate walls and enemies), and Smart (with homing bullets). These can be customised and modified. Ranged weapons are equipped to ricochet bullets in a target's direction and (with a reflex booster) slow them down in bullet time. Four types of damage can be inflicted—Physical, Thermal, EMP, and Chemical (which are identified in enemies by scanning them with a bionic eye). Gunsmiths repair and upgrade weapons.

Live in the city of the future

Enter the massive open world of Night City, a place that sets new standards in terms of visuals, complexity and depth.
Night City is an American megacity in the Free State of California, controlled by corporations and unassailed by the laws of both country and state. It sees conflict from rampant gang wars and its ruling entities contending for dominance. The city is contingent on robotics for everyday aspects like waste collection, maintenance, and public transportation. Homelessness abounds, but does not preclude cybernetic modification for the poor, giving rise to cosmetic addiction and consequent violence. If they become a threat, the armed force Psycho Squad is deployed to deal with them. Because of the constant threat of physical harm, all citizens are allowed to own and openly carry firearms in public.

Night City consists of six regions—the corporate City Center, immigrant-inhabited Watson, luxurious Westbrook, suburban Heywood, gang-infested Pacifica, and industrial Santo Domingo. V navigates these locations on foot and in vehicles, which are customisable and subject to either a first or third-person view. Autonomous cars allow V to focus on combat instead of driving while engaging in gunplay; pedestrians can also be run over. The full day-night cycle and dynamic weather affect the way NPCs behave. Apartments can be bought and used as home bases, where V will fetch weapons, dress, use a computer, and bring back NPCs for sexual activity.

The game features non-English-speaking characters; players who do not speak the languages can buy translator implants to better comprehend them. "Braindance", a digital recording device streamed directly into the brain, allows the player character to experience the emotions, brain processes, and muscle movements of another person as though they were their own. Branching dialogues are employed to interact with NPCs and take actions in quests. Experience points are obtained from main quests and fuel the stats, while side quests yield "street cred" and unlock skills, vendors, places, and additional quests. Quests are acquired from characters known as Fixers. Throughout the game, V is aided by various companions. Consumables, like soft drinks, are used for healing, and objects can be inspected in V's inventory. "Game over" messages only appear at the point of death; if a quest is failed, the game moves on all the same. Player agency and choice lead to different endings.

Development

Cyberpunk 2077 entered pre-production as soon as developer CD Projekt Red had finished The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine. Around this time, approximately fifty staff members were involved; they later devoted a team larger than that of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and after it was released, began upgrading their REDengine 3 to complement Cyberpunk 2077. They learned early on how aspects like stream processing and global illumination would function without disturbing the central processing unit. CD Projekt Red was granted subventions of US$7 million by the Polish government, whose funding application confirmed they were using REDengine 4. In June 2017, early designs were stolen and threatened to be released to the public, but the developer refused to comply with the ransom demand. The development reportedly reached a milestone in late 2017, and in March 2018, a new studio was opened in Wrocław to aid the production. That July, nearly 350 employees were developing it, and by the following month, the story was fully realised and could facilitate a complete playthrough. In October 2018, CD Projekt Red announced the establishment of a long-term partnership with Canadian studio Digital Scapes to craft additional technology for Cyberpunk 2077. By early 2019, the staff exceeded 400.

Originally to launch with multiplayer, this was later assigned to research and development, with the single-player since prioritised. The first-person perspective was selected to immerse players more than a third-person view would allow, given the detail the developer devoted to the open world. Cutscenes and gameplay were made to seamlessly blend together, also for the purpose of immersion. Cyberpunk 2077 will feature full nudity, which game director Adam Badowski said encapsulates the theme of transhumanism—"the body is no longer sacrum; it's profanum". The quest designers, who oversee the development of their own ideas, resolved to make the quest system allow players to decide the order in which quests are partaken of. Side quests are often made from unused parts of the main story. Animation and facial animation systems were remade to better generate lip syncing and muscle movement; motion capture was also improved. Environments are created from prefabricated designs for scalability's sake. Reused models have altered colours and details.

The game draws inspiration from several cyberpunk works, including the 1982 film Blade Runner, Japanese cyberpunk manga / anime series Ghost in the Shell, and video games System Shock (1994) and Deus Ex (2000). It also features a motorbike from the Akira manga / 1988 anime film. Mike Pondsmith, who created the original tabletop game Cyberpunk 2020, started consulting on the project after being approached in 2012. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt composer Marcin Przybyłowicz was chosen to write the score. Sebastian Stępień served as head writer and creative director on the game before leaving for Blizzard Entertainment in early 2019. It was later revealed that Keanu Reeves would lend his likeness and voice to the character Johnny Silverhand, for whom he also performed motion capture. Lady Gaga has also been rumoured to be featured in the game, one way or another.

Release and marketing

The teaser trailer received the People's Choice award for Best Animation at the 2013 FITC Awards, the award for Best Trailer at the 2013 Machinima Inside Gaming Awards, and a nomination for Best Video Game Trailer at the 2013 Golden Trailer Awards. Following E3 2018, Cyberpunk 2077 won the awards for Best Game, Best Xbox One Game, Best PC Game, Best RPG, and People's Choice at IGN, Best Role-Playing Game and Game of the Show at Game Informer, Best of E3 at PC Gamer, and Game of the Show at GamesRadar+. The second trailer was broadly considered one of the best at the expo, although writer William Gibson, credited with pioneering the cyberpunk subgenre, said "the trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 strikes me as GTA skinned-over with a generic 80s retro-future". The fact that it is played in a first-person perspective, contrary to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's third-person view, was also subject to criticism. At the 2018 Golden Joystick Awards, Cyberpunk 2077 won the Most Wanted Game award.

Standard edition
- Case with game discs
- World Compendium detailing the game’s setting and lore
- Postcards from Night City
- Map of Night City
- Stickers

Digital content:
- Game soundtrack
- Art booklet featuring a selection of art from the game
- Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook
- Wallpapers for desktop and mobile

Collector's edition (Available for PS4 and XBox only)
- Case with game discs
- Collectible SteelBook®
- 25 cm/10 inch statue depicting V — the game’s protagonist — in action
- Hardcover art book
- Metal pin set
- Quadra V-tech metal keychain
- An annotated copy of A Visitor’s Guide to Night City sealed in an NCPD Evidence Bag
- Embroidered patches
- World Compendium detailing the game’s setting and lore
- Postcards from Night City
- Map of Night City
- Sticker bomb set

Digital content:
- Game soundtrack
- Art booklet featuring a selection of art from the game
- Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook
- Wallpapers for desktop and mobile

//Anyone else looking forward to this one? I'm a sucker for all things cyberpunk and I absolutely love the world of both Blade Runner and Ghost in the Shell for example so this game seems like a dream come true for me  :defeated: I first found out about the game when they revealed the 48-minute gameplay footage about 9 months ago and after seeing it I was SOLD. The release date was finally revealed last night and I already pre-ordered the collector's edition for PS4, this is the first time I'm investing this much money on a video game but I feel confident. Plus it comes with so much shit like oh my god NEED.

This game looks sick af. I’ve been waiting forever for this, the Witcher 3 was great so I’m looking forward

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I'm not a gamer but I just wanted to say that Keanu looks hot af :lolliney:

Damn I know right. He's not really my type IRL but jesus

c94.gif

Just hoping it lives up to the hype better than Anthem did, but yes super boosted for this game !!

Oh Anthem... when I first saw some of the gameplay footage I was like "OH MY GOD I NEED THIS NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT IS" but then I played some of the demo and it was just not my cup of tea at all. Like okay flying around was cool but other than that, it felt somewhat messy playing with other players, I kept losing my shit with them and I play multiplayer a lot. It was definitely underwhelming to say the least, and after hearing so much bad about it this was finally my last straw - changes are bound to happen with every game, I'll give them that, but some of the downgrading is really disappointing. Despite all that my boyfriend has talked about us getting it when the price drops down but... nah no thank you I'll pass. Since I'm putting so much money in Cyberpunk I really hope they won't downgrade stuff too much bc I wanna live in that world so bad haha

I'm living for both kitsch and neokitsch  :defeated: I want that pink jacket the asian guy's wearing and the black guy wearing studded fur jacket hot damn one can only dream he's an NPC character you can sleep with in-game 

cb1.png

>ENTROPISM

The look of poverty that derives from humans grappling with and struggling against technology and its unforgiving advance. It denotes a lack of design blending with a general poverty of means and ideas.

cb2.png

>KITSCH

The look of a long lost golden age on people entirely unwilling or unable to forget it. It’s flashy, bold and usually cheap – filled with gold-plated cyberware, implants encased in brightly colored plastic and larger-than-life makeup.

cb3.png

>NEOMILITARISM

The look of global conflict and corporations jockeying for power. Cold, sharp and modern. Making everyone look as if they are ready to drop out of an AV’s cargo door and head straight into combat.

cb4.png

>NEOKITSCH

The look of infinite wealth and vanity. Synonymous with luxury, it has been blossoming among Night City’s wealthiest elites – those who can afford to buy anything, who can afford to be anything they want to be.

Bitch I'm getting thirstier by the second I'm basically turning into a desert. I bought The Witcher 3 as a test to see if CDPR was up to the standards everyone seems to be giving them and it is now my favourite game of all time. Considering I had a huge hunch that 2077 would be my fav game ever, I don't think you could say that I'm excited for it, it's so much more than that

ZKcaooE.png

@annedauphine

I started playing Witcher 3 out of complete boredom late 2015 and it immadietely clicked and there was no going back for me. There's just something about these characters and storytelling of CDPR that stays with you.

And tbh when I graduated high school it was my dream to work there but idk about these work ethics that surfaced a couple months ago. Yikes. We'll see. But which gamedev company that hires more than 50 people avoids crunch entirely after all?

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

@annedauphine

I started playing Witcher 3 out of complete boredom late 2015 and it immadietely clicked and there was no going back for me. There's just something about these characters and storytelling of CDPR that stays with you.

And tbh when I graduated high school it was my dream to work there but idk about these work ethics that surfaced a couple months ago. Yikes. We'll see. But which gamedev company that hires more than 50 people avoids crunch entirely after all?

Yeah yeah my sister told me about these ethics and I have to admit I'm disgruntled. But honestly compared to other companies... Guys fucking know how to make games. So I'll give them that. My dream would be for a documentary as good as the making of of The Last Of Us called Grounded, not a fanmade or fan founded documentary but a professional one, I've watched Grounded 4 times and counting and I haven't even played TLOU yet lol. Fuck you're so lucky to have played in 2015, I feel like I wasted 4y of my life not playing this game, I've fallen in love so deeply with the universe and characters. I was thinking earlier, weird that I hate politics irl but tell me about Nilfgaard preoccupations and I'm all ears like a witcher. And I agree about the storytelling, trust and believe I love Skyrim and Wind Waker is also my fav game but they seem like literal child's play compared to the way TW3 tells a story, I thought I would be displeased but I just FUCKING LOVE that we play an established character that is very complex and morally (and in hair as well) gray. Wait are you working in the gaming industry??

ZKcaooE.png

Wait are you working in the gaming industry??

That was the plan for a brief moment, after graduating I chose a uni with an IT program that focuses on game development but they ended up not opening the specialty due to people preferring programming and creating databases so I said fuck it and transferred to a totally different uni and now I study art for nearly 3 years now. A dream scenario would be to end up doing concept arts or something non-programmy in CDPR lol. But now I'm kind of aware that it's not happening anymore for me. Idk sis maybe in 10 years with a good portion of luck but it's not like I'm working hard towards that goal you know? Now I'm more about commercial graphic design now that things start to get a bit more realistic for a 22 year old lol. That's why I'm always so proud of you whenever you accomplish something, I feel like you're walking your desired path that's been ready for you for years and I know how hard it is to get on track :kiss:

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

cybrp.png

The World of Cyberpunk 2077 to be released April 21st, 2020

An insightful, captivatingly designed, full-color hardcover that transports readers to the futuristic megalopolis of Night City--the epicenter of the vibrant new action-RPG from CD Projekt Red.

Step into the year 2077, a world dotted with dystopian metropoles where violence, oppression, and cyberware implants aren't just common--they're necessary tools to get ahead. Delve into incisive lore to discover how the economic decline of the United States created a crippling dependence on devious corporations and birthed the Free State of California. Explore the various districts, gangs, and history of Night City. Learn all there is to know about the technology of tomorrow and research the cybernetics, weapons, and vehicles of Cyberpunk 2077.

Dark Horse Books and CD Projekt Red present The World of Cyberpunk 2077--an extensive examination of the rich lore of Cyberpunk 2077. This intricately assembled tome contains everything you need to know about the history, characters, and world of the long-awaited follow-up from the creators of The Witcher video game series.

I'm going to need this book  :defeated: Also y'all should check out TheNeonArcade on YouTube, he makes pretty extensive videos on the game! Oh and btw it's been confirmed that Gaga won't be in the game, the devs would love to have Meryl Streep though but we all know that's highly unlikely.