Sign in to follow this  
jvcx

Cyberpunk 2077

A bold take :O Would you mind explaining why you think that please?

well from the minute the developers started spewing their hot transphobic takes i've been off the bandwagon for this game, but the game seems so 50/50 in terms of quality. there are times in the trailers where the game looks stunning and then there's times (like in Grimes' instagram announcement of her character) where the game literally looks like saints row 3. it feels very generic first person shooter of the year. it looks like every other game with a cyberpunk skin. i was really excited for this when i started picking up on the development like five years ago but the entire development cycle just seems to be spiralling for me.

it's going to be every generic teenage boy that plays COD, Assassin's Creed and FIFA's game of the month before they move on. it doesn't look interesting in terms of the actual gameplay and the i really don't know what to think about the plot. the main character is called johnny silverhand for a start...it feels like they wrote down on paper everything they could throw into a generic action first person shooter and then said "theme?" and chose something random - cyberpunk.

i was super excited until we started seeing the reveals for this game - for my last year of school i designed a cyberpunk themed post-apoc. game and i was referencing a lot of things including cyberpunk 2020, so i've been following it for a long ass time and i've just been disappointed with what i've seen because i just wanted it to feel a little bit more innovative for such a cool concept. regardless, i'll see what the vibe is once it's released. i might just play it myself but i don't really want to support it if the transphobic content isn't still addressed. i might just watch some playthrough's to make up my own opinions - i don't want to completely discount it i suppose. but we'll see. 

idk, writing this down on paper makes my complaints feel a bit petty but it just has this vibe that i feel like i need to coin a term for or something.

well from the minute the developers started spewing their hot transphobic takes i've been off the bandwagon for this game, but the game seems so 50/50 in terms of quality. there are times in the trailers where the game looks stunning and then there's times (like in Grimes' instagram announcement of her character) where the game literally looks like saints row 3. it feels very generic first person shooter of the year. it looks like every other game with a cyberpunk skin. i was really excited for this when i started picking up on the development like five years ago but the entire development cycle just seems to be spiralling for me.

it's going to be every generic teenage boy that plays COD, Assassin's Creed and FIFA's game of the month before they move on. it doesn't look interesting in terms of the actual gameplay and the i really don't know what to think about the plot. the main character is called johnny silverhand for a start...it feels like they wrote down on paper everything they could throw into a generic action first person shooter and then said "theme?" and chose something random - cyberpunk.

i was super excited until we started seeing the reveals for this game - for my last year of school i designed a cyberpunk themed post-apoc. game and i was referencing a lot of things including cyberpunk 2020, so i've been following it for a long ass time and i've just been disappointed with what i've seen because i just wanted it to feel a little bit more innovative for such a cool concept. regardless, i'll see what the vibe is once it's released. i might just play it myself but i don't really want to support it if the transphobic content isn't still addressed. i might just watch some playthrough's to make up my own opinions - i don't want to completely discount it i suppose. but we'll see. 

idk, writing this down on paper makes my complaints feel a bit petty but it just has this vibe that i feel like i need to coin a term for or something.

That was clear and honest, thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'm being particularly cautious myself because I've never been that excited for a game before (but it almost doesn't matter now that a new Witcher game has been announced) and the points you mentioned are valid. I'm still ready mind and body to plunge into this universe though. Even tho I don't care about Keanu Reeves.

ZKcaooE.png

OMG I'm gonna cum. Legit gonna. Most anticipated game of all time for me now I really don't regret getting collector

Base female V is one of the hottest fictional characters I've ever seen sooooo the fact that you can customise her genitals is... :toofunny:

ZKcaooE.png

Fuck I'm really so excited, Judy looks hot asf, the whole thing looks incredible and honestly when it goes out I'll be done w uni and for once in my lifetime I have barely spoiled myself much and I think it's gonna be one of my fav games ever just like Witcher 3 is. Putting my whole fait in CD.

ZKcaooE.png

lmao sorry for not updating here but anyways

it was supposed to come on november 19th and i took 10 days off starting that exact date and now it's been delayed to december 10

so i guess i'll just spend my vacation playing fortnite and the upcoming sims 4 expansion pack :crai:

On 4/3/2020 at 3:51 PM, electra said:

this game looks like it's going to be incredibly disappointing.

I still.dont know what this game is even about. I'm looking forward to seeing gameplay before I buy though :)

I'm still very much busy with Assasin's creed valhalla and Watch dogs Legion. 

Hoping cyberpunk will bring something new and exciting to this type of game.

11 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

I still.dont know what this game is even about. I'm looking forward to seeing gameplay before I buy though :)

I'm still very much busy with Assasin's creed valhalla and Watch dogs Legion. 

Hoping cyberpunk will bring something new and exciting to this type of game.

cyberpunk was originally a roleplaying game from the 90s i believe. i think it was called cyberpunk 2020? they've adapted it to become first-person-shooter-of-the-year material. the game looks beautiful and the artists are talented, that's for sure, but it definitely doesn't look like it has a lot of gameplay depth. i think it'll definitely be fun for people who are like aaa games but as a game developer i just can't support something where the staff have been in crunch for over a year.

25 minutes ago, electra said:

cyberpunk was originally a roleplaying game from the 90s i believe. i think it was called cyberpunk 2020? they've adapted it to become first-person-shooter-of-the-year material. the game looks beautiful and the artists are talented, that's for sure, but it definitely doesn't look like it has a lot of gameplay depth. i think it'll definitely be fun for people who are like aaa games but as a game developer i just can't support something where the staff have been in crunch for over a year.

Actually I was so enthralled by the concept of this game that I did some lore-diving, and it turns out, Cyberpunk was essentially the anti-D&D of the 80’s. It was pretty much the same kind of immersive board based rp game, but not nearly as much of a household name. However, it did end up developing a cult following and this game has been in works for atleast 10 or so years now. They even went so far as to create detailed highly rendered trash unique to each area you explore. Not saying I’m necessarily excited to stare at super high res immersive garbage.... but if they care that much about DETAIL then :oprah: we are in for RPG of the next DECADE

13 minutes ago, veinsineon said:

Actually I was so enthralled by the concept of this game that I did some lore-diving, and it turns out, Cyberpunk was essentially the anti-D&D of the 80’s. It was pretty much the same kind of immersive board based rp game, but not nearly as much of a household name. However, it did end up developing a cult following and this game has been in works for atleast 10 or so years now. They even went so far as to create detailed highly rendered trash unique to each area you explore. Not saying I’m necessarily excited to stare at super high res immersive garbage.... but if they care that much about DETAIL then :oprah: we are in for RPG of the next DECADE

i know, i've kind of been on/off following this game for the past five years and i know its going to look substantial and beautiful but was the beautifully rendered trash really worth the amount of unpaid overtime the dev's had to do? that's kind of my thought process. i think for the average gamer they probably don't understand how much crunch can affect a person's life but after making games under deadlines for the past two and a half years now i can't agree with letting companies away with that. there have been times where to meet games targets i've worked between 8-10 hours a day 7 days a week and its really just not a way to live life. it's not uncommon in game crunch for people to literally be living in their workspaces and it's a shame that its an accepted/expected thing in the industry. combine that with cd projekt red being transphobic more than once during the development of this game, i think i'll be watching this series from afar unfortunately. i definitely won't be giving my money to the company but i'll happily admire the work of the hundreds of people that were forced to do mandatory overtime to get this product out.

just generally, even, aaa companies need to stop doing this to their employee's. :(

48 minutes ago, electra said:

i know, i've kind of been on/off following this game for the past five years and i know its going to look substantial and beautiful but was the beautifully rendered trash really worth the amount of unpaid overtime the dev's had to do? that's kind of my thought process. i think for the average gamer they probably don't understand how much crunch can affect a person's life but after making games under deadlines for the past two and a half years now i can't agree with letting companies away with that. there have been times where to meet games targets i've worked between 8-10 hours a day 7 days a week and its really just not a way to live life. it's not uncommon in game crunch for people to literally be living in their workspaces and it's a shame that its an accepted/expected thing in the industry. combine that with cd projekt red being transphobic more than once during the development of this game, i think i'll be watching this series from afar unfortunately. i definitely won't be giving my money to the company but i'll happily admire the work of the hundreds of people that were forced to do mandatory overtime to get this product out.

just generally, even, aaa companies need to stop doing this to their employee's. :(

I see your point but tbh I’m giving my money to SOPHIE, Shygirl, and Grimes :hooker:

25 minutes ago, veinsineon said:

I see your point but tbh I’m giving my money to SOPHIE, Shygirl, and Grimes :hooker:

and that’s kind of exactly my point, people who consume games won’t care about the ethics of letting companies get away with it, which is a shame. hopefully this becomes a big enough thing that people in the industry take more seriously in the upcoming years and games companies are have their hands forced.

also, supporting soundtrack songs is kind of a different ballpark. i don’t think streaming 4AM is gonna affect cd projekt red that much.

26 minutes ago, electra said:

and that’s kind of exactly my point, people who consume games won’t care about the ethics of letting companies get away with it, which is a shame. hopefully this becomes a big enough thing that people in the industry take more seriously in the upcoming years and games companies are have their hands forced.

also, supporting soundtrack songs is kind of a different ballpark. i don’t think streaming 4AM is gonna affect cd projekt red that much.

It’s starting to sound like you just don’t want people to enjoy this game , rather get them to protest the company. It sounds even more damaging than just supporting all those included in making the game.