Sign in to follow this  
jvcx

Cyberpunk 2077

I have it on PS5, but i’ve avoided putting it in because of the bugs.

I’m going to hold off for a few months, wait till we’ve had a good few major patches released. If i’m hearing good things about performance i’ll give it a shot.

Otherwise i may just wait a year from bow once the game is really stabilised and all DLC is out as well as the next gen version. I’m sure over time CDPR will clean up the game and once the game of year/complete edition is out the game will be great.

I’ve waited so long for it, i don’t want a bug launch ruin my first play.

A useful tip to fellow players, you can get some legendary items like the mantis blades and monowire for free from certain crates. For example, you'd have to spend 100K for the legendary mantis blades at a ripperdoc which is a lot of money. There's videos on how to find them on YouTube.

I didn't make any main story progress yesterday despite playing for another 6 hours, during which I focused on side quests and gigs. Getting eurodollars gets a lot easier by doing them, looting everything you can and hacking every access point you can find. I've spent a ridiculous amount on clothing (I know...) so I've gone from 25K to just a few hundred eddies a few times already. Yesterday I acquired and spent about 60K on cyberware - thanks to double jump being 45K - and just as I went back to being broke, I noticed I had got an offer on the iconic Akira inspired motorcycle Yaiba Kusanagi CT3-H; so I did a few gigs and quests more and managed to get the needed 22K in about half an hour. There's a lot of side quests and gigs and usually doing them is such a chore for me but so far I've enjoyed each of them a lot because they're all different and the characters are well written. The motorcycle is gorgeous btw.

Edit: CDPR has finally made a public statement regarding the controversy:

EpLqtZ8XEAIEqsX?format=jpg&name=large

I bought the Xbox One version and tbh... I started it up, got into it as a Corpo, but after hearing nothing but negative experiences, I can’t say I’m all that hyped to continue playing. This sucks. I want to play it so bad!!! But I don’t want my play through to be tainted by unwanted problems. May wait a few months as well just to see what some patches may offer!

playing on ps5 isn't so bad, Ive found. it has only crashed once thus far for me. Of course there are still some visual whoopsies like floating food and some weirdness with animations and it is certainly buggy, but its not ruining my experience. I was also not particularly hyped for the game so I had less room to be disappointed. Im hoping with the patches they smooth out all of the visual discrepancies and I hope they add some quality of life features to the game as well. Ill probably end up doing the free upgrade to the ps5 version when that comes out next year

overall, id say its fun, will certainly be worth playing when stuff is fixed, but it doesn't necessarily have the atmosphere I long for it to have. the city has lots of people traipsing around, but none of them feel that "present" like id say they do in red dead 2 or some other open world games. 

12 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Just heard of this now. is it true that it's being cancelled? or is it just, delayed? 

it’s being pulled from the Sony store indefinitely. It has less to do with how awfully it runs on PS4 and more to do with CDProjektRed telling people to get refunded if they wanted to without Sony’s permission or notification so Sony was not prepared to deal with all these refunds that people were suddenly demanding. Sony is rightfully pissed. 

if you have it and dont care to get a refund you can keep playing. It’s still gonna be sold in store as well I believe. It’s just the digital copy on PSN right now that’s unavailable. Unsure if the same will happen for digital versions on PC and XBOX consoles. 

I hope that they patch the game up and ALSO add more simulation content to the game for free over the next year. It’s not an awful game, I’m having fun, but it’s certainly not groundbreaking or particularly immersive (unless I’m very high) 

10 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

it’s being pulled from the Sony store indefinitely. It has less to do with how awfully it runs on PS4 and more to do with CDProjektRed telling people to get refunded if they wanted to without Sony’s permission or notification so Sony was not prepared to deal with all these refunds that people were suddenly demanding. Sony is rightfully pissed. 

if you have it and dont care to get a refund you can keep playing. It’s still gonna be sold in store as well I believe. It’s just the digital copy on PSN right now that’s unavailable. Unsure if the same will happen for digital versions on PC and XBOX consoles. 

I hope that they patch the game up and ALSO add more simulation content to the game for free over the next year. It’s not an awful game, I’m having fun, but it’s certainly not groundbreaking or particularly immersive (unless I’m very high) 

Noted thank you! but how so does the game run awful on the PS4? i'm guessing it's playable, but then the patch so. i think i'm gonna give it a wait before or just check out more reviews before buying it or something.. and looooool yeah that can make the game better hahahahahaha

UV/Honeymoon

16 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Noted thank you! but how so does the game run awful on the PS4? i'm guessing it's playable, but then the patch so. i think i'm gonna give it a wait before or just check out more reviews before buying it or something.. and looooool yeah that can make the game better hahahahahaha

Id say ps4 is preeeeetty rough. I’d wait until they patch it up some more. I’m sure when it gets to a good place we will hear about it. 

im intrigued what the devs have to say. I do hope they put effort into fixing things and not just dropping it and called it a failure. 

3 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

Id say ps4 is preeeeetty rough. I’d wait until they patch it up some more. I’m sure when it gets to a good place we will hear about it. 

im intrigued what the devs have to say. I do hope they put effort into fixing things and not just dropping it and called it a failure. 

thought so... yeah forsure. the title itself's already interesting. Probably just gonna wait til it gets more traction. god I hope not. 

the trailed had me hyped and it looks so promising so I really hope not. shouldn't have watched it if it was gonna be like this tbh aghh lol seriously hope not

UV/Honeymoon

apparently this game is a hot ass mess

i'm gonna wait till i get my hands on a ps5 before i play it, so hopefully that gives them plenty of time to patch it up.

this reviews/reactions are blowing me tho lol. i thought this was another sure hit like witcher 3 was

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

The release really has turned out to be a complete disaster :rip: And only because some greedy big shots wanted to take advantage of holiday sales...

I also hope they'll add a lot more features in future patches and DLCs, the map is so gorgeous and detailed but there's nothing to do in the game apart from the main story and side quests and gigs - therefore I'm trying to take my time with the main story as I'm a bit afraid of running out of content with the way I've already done quite a lot of the side stuff so far.

Night City was supposed to be full of life but like someone said on Reddit, it does feel like a breathtaking loading screen while you get from A to B. I genuinely like driving around and exploring (and once you get yourself the double jump cyberware, the city is your parkour playground) but it's such a missed opportunity with a lot of doors being [LOCKED], like why give me the notification of that on every single door? NPCs are lifeless, police spawns are absolutely ridiculous and they keep shoving the inventory menu in your face all the time. I don't even buy food in the game because I haven't felt like it's necessary at all and even if I wanted to grab some from a stand, you just get the inventory menu with no interaction from the NPC who's running the stand and definitely no animation of you eating whatever you just bought. What bugs me more though is the inventory menu at clothing stores, it would be at least nice to preview the clothes before purchase as they look a lot more different once they're on you. Now I just save the game before purchasing expensive clothing and then load the save if whatever I just bought looks like shit and I want my money back (you can also refresh the clothing they have on sale by saving and then loading the save before purchasing anything btw). It would also be nice to have the location names on the map rather than just the food/drink/jacket/etc. icon.

On a more positive note, at least things can only improve from now on hopefully :crai: Oh and I'm still looking forward to the online mode unless it's been scrapped due to the current amount of problems.

wow, this is potentially one of the biggest disasters i’ve ever seen in modern gaming. how the fuck do you have to refund every copy of the game and completely remove it from shelves? i thought surely if the bugs aren’t that bad they wouldn’t have released it, every game has bugs at launch and it can’t be that bad but jesus.

also not to beat a dead horse but i just really want to bring it up somewhere, but is that really what the dev’s crunched for? seriously? like who organised this? how did this even release in the state it was released in? was there literally ANY alpha/beta testing or...?

and at the beginning of the year projekt red said that they were giving the dev’s 10% of the profits of all the sales or whatever until the year ends, do they no longer get that?

games companies: stop abusing your staff. stop releasing games that aren’t finished. stop trying to just release things around christmas. you had ten fucking years to anticipate this being released on PS4. how the fuck do you release something in such a bad state at the end of a consoles life cycle????? to me it looks like they made no attempt to actually optimise it for the console...which is weird considering if we’re at the end of the consoles life span, it should have been pretty fucking easy to do that.

damn, i’m sick of the AAA game industry. i wish releases for games were a lot tighter. you can’t provide products like this to consumers and hope for the best. you can’t abuse your devs for months then take away with bonuses. this doesn’t just go for cyberpunk either. i fucking hate it when games get announced like two or three years before release, announce that shit when it’s finished! games companies just rush everything and it gets me so mad. this wouldn’t have happened if they hadn’t kept trying to top themselves. i think they’re struggling with the pressure of their previous titles :/

i feel bad for the fans who waited for this for so long, actually looked past the shit show until now just for it to get worse :/ i can’t imagine how many people were really excited for this.

This game's situation is honestly fascinating. The fact that it's performance varies so drastically, even within the same platforms, makes no sense. Like obviously when it comes to bugs, some will experience some and others won't but the fact that for some people the game runs perfectly with just a couple glitches while others it looks like something out of the PS2 era is CRAZY. 

For me, on my PS4 Pro, after the second patch they released everything has ran fine. I only get fps drops every now and then in busy areas and there's the occasional floating food glitch. Otherwise, no issues. Only experienced one single crash in my entire time playing.Graphics look beautiful (but I do have a nice 4K tv so that likely helps). Everything looks better with HDR on but I've been playing with it off for slightly improved performance. Still looks great with it turned off. It's crazy to me seeing just how bad it looks and runs for other PS4 Pro players though. They're like two different games. It makes no sense. You have base PS4 players who report that it runs fine but then it's atrocious for others. Same for PS5 players. Like obviously games don't run the same for every player but this amount of variance seems odd to me :rip: 

I completely 100%ed the game a few days ago. Like, every single fckn thing you can do I did it. EVERYTHING! I love my FemV to death, I got the ending I wanted, and I'm writing this wearing my CP77 hoodie. Fav game ever of all time period. I 100%ed it just before the Edgerunners update so I'm glad I finished my netrunner char in time to start my Mantis new FemV :D 

ZKcaooE.png

1 minute ago, godsmonster said:

is this game worth playing?

I just started it but I've seen my boyfriend play it a lot since it came out. I think that visually it's the most beautiful game ever, really. The art direction completely sold it to me:agree:

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

6 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

is this game worth playing?

It depends, for me it's the best fckn story and world of all time, and the voice acting alone of FemV is enough for me to adore it, but if you play as MaleV and aren't into cybernetics you probably won't like it. Depends of your playstyle as well, it can be unbelievably fun or super frustrating, and also depends if you can forgive the remaining bugs :) But I can't stress enough how it's so fckn much my favourite game of all time that it did the impossible and surpassed Wild Hunt for me

ZKcaooE.png