Ultra Violet

Jesse Jo Stark

I don't really think she needs much more of an introduction besides we know Lana likes her music, and she's fucking awesome.

So far, her discography isn't large, but it's quality over quantity for sure.

She gives me old-school rock vibes and a bit of vintage too.

Directed by Chuck Grant:

Finally! I thought I just couldn't find her thread but she's been long deserving one. Her music is amazing and raw. Fire of love was the first song I heard by her and I was instantly hooked. Her halloween double single was also so much more than I expected. I really feel like everyone needs to listen to her.

giphy.gif

Whenever I search for artists that are most similar to Lana, we often get recommended Marina, Halsey, Florence, FKA Twigs, etc. And yeah I do happen to love them all but they just don't match up in similarity because their voices are so different, and tbh, far less "easy listening" than Lana's voice.

Then I come across the artists that I truly think are most similar on my own, and Jesse Jo Stark is one of them, in vocals.

Others and The Pierce's and Mazzy Star. All seem to be relatively stripped down compared to Lana's pop-influenced genre but then again Lana does have her routes in acoustic guitar and her AKA album, which remind me a lot of Mazzy Star.

(Gonna replicate this post in the random Lana discussion thread)

Thank you for this. 

I don't really think she needs much more of an introduction besides we know Lana likes her music, and she's fucking awesome.

So far, her discography isn't large, but it's quality over quantity for sure.
She gives me old-school rock vibes and a bit of vintage too.

Directed by Chuck Grant:

1 hour ago, Crystaline Knowledge said:

Tangerine is such a serve, but why did she remove Die Young from streaming? 

Accidentally released ? was supposed to be out on Sept. 25! Wish I had saved it. Still coming in that date I think

On 9/2/2021 at 2:02 PM, Stargirls Dealer said:

Sis I really like this singer but I wasn’t feelin the most recent track. Idk, all the others had this instant catchiness about them. I heard she has a new EP coming out pretty soon so I hope it delivers!! :wub:

Yeah thats so true! All of her other songs are instant classics. I still love A Pretty Place (track) because the chorus goes OFF, but I still haven't bothered with the rest of the EP again