Lana Del Rey

Caroline Polachek

21 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

i'm saying it now, she's going to be dragged on reddit for including the old tracks on this album, even if they work perfectly, people will be pissed 

I mean its quite normal/acceptable that some artists nowadays include a one year old single on their new records so... maybe they wont complain that much? I dont care as long as she really serves more new tracks than released ones

21 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

I mean its quite normal/acceptable that some artists nowadays include a one year old single on their new records so... maybe they wont complain that much? I dont care as long as she really serves more new tracks than released ones

we still don't have a release date, i'm hoping winter so it's only a year and half from bunny and a year from billions. but she needs to announce soon with no more singles given the track list is quite short. 

im fine waiting but if we've heard five songs already and have four, id rather wait till release day...

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

2 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Nothing will compare to Fergie throwing LA Love onto the double dutchess. The song was literally pushing 6 years old at that point

crying-thank-you-fergie.gif

ot: yeah we really should be wrapping this album cycle up at this point in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Ceremonials said:

we still don't have a release date, i'm hoping winter so it's only a year and half from bunny and a year from billions. but she needs to announce soon with no more singles given the track list is quite short. 

im fine waiting but if we've heard five songs already and have four, id rather wait till release day...

"only a year and a half from bunny and a year from billions" 

upset-frustrated.gif

On 10/22/2022 at 1:46 PM, lanasbottom said:

"only a year and a half from bunny and a year from billions" 

upset-frustrated.gif

A YEAR AND A HALF TOO LONG

I’ve loved this woman since Chairlift and I want to support but I can’t get into Sunset…

Spoiler

Also is it low key cultural appropriation? :eek3:

13 minutes ago, Pnin said:

I’ve loved this woman since Chairlift and I want to support but I can’t get into Sunset…

Hide contents

Interesting take tbh @ the hidden contents, to put it nicely 

5 minutes ago, Estheim said:

Interesting take tbh @ the hidden contents, to put it nicely 

Omg ty4being nice!!!! Are you Hispanic or Latinx?

On 11/5/2022 at 8:16 AM, Pnin said:

Hide contents

you're not alone in thinking this, i like the song but i did find it a bit odd. i don't think it's "cultural appropriation" per say but it's something! :hooker:

2 hours ago, Ceremonials said:

i feel like this is more spainard than anything... like it gives me conquistador vibes :smokes:

…. I can’t. 

oh wait I can:

Except Spaniards ARE Hispanic. 

not necessarily 4 u but…

One can be Hispanic AND Latino, one can be Hispanic and NOT Latino and vice versa…

So yeah, it’s still appropriation even though Latin America isn’t involved. Not even going to get into the fact that white Spanish people  appropriated a lot of this too…

I encourage you all to observe Hispanic Heritage Month next year and learn something new about an important set of cultures in this weird little world  :kiss:

is it the Spanish guitar that's putting you guys off? or is it something else :pout: she should def be careful about what she does considering the "incident" but lots of music girlies use Spanish influences hell some even make full on Spanish projects due to its huge popularity rn :sky: idk id love to be educated if im being ignorant I just never saw a problem w it 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

2 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

is it the Spanish guitar that's putting you guys off? or is it something else :pout: she should def be careful about what she does considering the "incident" but lots of music girlies use Spanish influences hell some even make full on Spanish projects due to its huge popularity rn :sky: idk id love to be educated if im being ignorant I just never saw a problem w it

to me it's the video more than anything but if there's anything about the song itself i would also like to be educated

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif