Lana Del Rey

Caroline Polachek

absolutely love the album, but i agree that it couldve had 1-2 more tracks…. dang would have been such a cool title too… and maybe driver go faster reworked a bit idk

i also wish we had gotten fewer singles beforehand :/ 

1 hour ago, lanabanana11 said:

Wow adore the album! However what’s free tea on DANG??

dang is apparently a rough demo track and also the name of the ep she scrapped which had welcome to my island, smoke, dang, sunset, bunny is a rider and billions. 

ↀ  ⟡   last.fm

I am curious to hear Dang & PinkPantheress on Fly To You, I feel like she would've suited it. Also makes me hope for a Grimes/PinkPantheress song in the future like the Benee & Grimes song

5 hours ago, Jujuba said:

Curious to know if anyone disliked the album 

i don't love it– a few tracks stand out for me (crude drawing of an angel, fly to you, hopedrunk everasking) but overall preferred pang. i just can't get with the melodies and production on a lot of this (don't think it's bad– it's obvs very well done– just not clicking for me). 

aOaIzH2.gif

Loved all the singles. The album tracks are very good as well. I love the album as a whole! It is definitely an experience.  That said the new songs are something I’m going to have to give repeat listens and sit with. Caroline’s music in general is like that to me. There is so much to absorb and just kind of fall into that you have to take the time to take it all in.  My fave album track so far though is Crude Drawing Of An Angel, like damn that song hitssss. I’m sure my faves will change as I listen more though. She is so amazing though. Like just pushing the boundaries and crafting her own lane. 

Just got done with the first play through, Crude Drawing of an Angel is on replay right now. This record was a little less immediate for me than Pang was, but I *really* like this. Even with Pang, it took me a couple tries for it to fully connect. I’m so excited to dive into the record further and play this throughout the Spring and Summer 🖤

The singles on this record go so hard :bop: I still love Bunny, Billions, and the perfect Blood and Butter.

I do wish it was a bit longer, her cover of Long Road Home would have been an excellent addition.

10 hours ago, pop2anna said:

absolutely love the album, but i agree that it couldve had 1-2 more tracks…. dang would have been such a cool title too… and maybe driver go faster reworked a bit idk

i also wish we had gotten fewer singles beforehand :/ 

the fact the most of the singles are so beyond overplayed for me is what's hurting this album as they should be the true jewels. i'm hoping in a few years i'll be able to revisite and feel the magic all at once rather than wanting to just skip to the new songs ?? 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

1 minute ago, Ceremonials said:

also dido sounds fantastic on this so idk what the insiders were on about

she really does

im sure the pp version is awesome as well but the dido bit is still incredibly beautiful 

20 hours ago, Jujuba said:

Curious to know if anyone disliked the album 

I didn't like it.... I. think it started off solid and then became repetitive sounding.

14 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

i don't love it– a few tracks stand out for me (crude drawing of an angel, fly to you, hopedrunk everasking) but overall preferred pang. i just can't get with the melodies and production on a lot of this (don't think it's bad– it's obvs very well done– just not clicking for me). 

I prefer Pang too. I agree with this take. Except I think the first four songs are the best and then she lost me at crude drawing.