Lana Del Rey

Caroline Polachek

I’ve been reading posts on Instagram where people are saying Caroline is just a low rent Imogen Heap. Like yeah they sound alike but honestly, I think Caroline has the better voice. They’re both good but there’s something magical about what Caroline does with her voice and music. Butterfly Net is so fucking amazing 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

34 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

I’ve been reading posts on Instagram where people are saying Caroline is just a low rent Imogen Heap. Like yeah they sound alike but honestly, I think Caroline has the better voice. They’re both good but there’s something magical about what Caroline does with her voice and music. Butterfly Net is so fucking amazing 

have you seen the video of Imogen attempting and miserably failing to cover Door? 
if not: 

to keep it one hundred.....OBVIOUSLY Imogen Heap is an inspiration for her but she can actually sing without a heap of effects! sorry girls!

19 minutes ago, stillrun said:

have you seen the video of Imogen attempting and miserably failing to cover Door? 
if not: 

to keep it one hundred.....OBVIOUSLY Imogen Heap is an inspiration for her but she can actually sing without a heap of effects! sorry girls!

Failing miserably? She's having a 20 minute jam session on her own whilst Door as everyone has heard it is a finished song with 3 producers and finalized vocals. it's not comparable

7 minutes ago, pop2anna said:

apparently some fans are super mad bc she ignored them after they waited 3 hours in the cold… 

If this is about the London signing, I was there. I waited 3.5 hours and she was lovely. It was the staff that were really difficult. They were telling us we were only allowed one thing to be signed by her and one picture. As soon as she was done signing, they were trying to move you on. Caroline would have happily talked and signed more, she was an angel :flutter: 

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

55 minutes ago, californianfreak said:

If this is about the London signing, I was there. I waited 3.5 hours and she was lovely. It was the staff that were really difficult. They were telling us we were only allowed one thing to be signed by her and one picture. As soon as she was done signing, they were trying to move you on. Caroline would have happily talked and signed more, she was an angel :flutter: 

i think this was paris (?) and this is the encounter:

Spoiler

for those of you asking we were
8 or 9 fans we waited out in the
cold for 3 hours, until 1am when
@carolinepIz left, she didn't say
anything, she literally ignored us
we were holding vinyl records
and pens in our cold hands. She
didn't smile, she didn't say I'm so
sorry guys she didn't do
anything, she simply ignored us
she could have been done with
us in 2 minutes, like literally.

some of the other fans had spent
more than 100€ in t shirts,
posters and records ? one guy
was from Sweden I think, I was
gonna sleep in the train station
because he had school Monday
like for real this is not how you
treat the people who ride this
hard for you

but that's not all, some of you
are also asking me if we said
anything, in case she didn't
notice the posters, t shirts, and
vinyl records and pens we did!
and when she ignored us while
everyone stayed shocked not
understanding what just
happened I run after her, telling
her how amazing her show was,
and for an autograph, she kept
talking with the woman she was
with and walked ignoring me,
she had to walk for the venue to
the car about 50m because the
street was closed, the taxi
couldn't stop right in front of the
exit

I insisted thinking she didn't
notice us, until she got into the
car, I stayed looking at her
showing her my 3 records,
hoping for a quick 2 seconds car
window autograph and she
sighed, looking at the woman
she was with and she wendy
william window rolled me
I kid you not

@carolineplz also asked the
driver to turn the lights of the
taxi off

y'all I have no words, still
processing this unfortunate
encounter, she looked at me
straight in the eyes and rolled
that mother fucking window up
and asked the driver to turn the
lights off

this is the street of the venue
@sallepleyel and this is
@carolineplz touring truck, the
taxi wasn't allowed to get in, so it
was waiting for her about 80m
away, she gracefully walked her
80m ignoring all 8 of us

I know she's obligated to literally
nothing, my problem isn't with
what she did but how she did it,
pretending your hardcore fans
are dogs and ignoring them isn't
right, she was so cold and
determined to ignore us, almost
annoyed by the fact we were
waiting for her, our fave lol

there was a VIP party
after the concert, inside
the venue, apparently
some fans had special
tickets to attend said
party, I don't really know
because when I
purchased my ticket I just
saw 2 options, floor
standing or seated,
whatever, one of the fans
waiting for her sneaked in
but eventually got out and
stayed waiting with us, he
said she was
"acting
cunt" (his words) and
ignoring everyone she
didn't know, everyone
wasn't a friend or part of
the crew

idrk what to make of this on the one hand im rly all for artists not giving into fans every single time if they dont want to on the other hand i get why they‘re upset.. ig she couldve told them that she wasnt in the mood? again idrk. 

EVEN JABBA THE HUTT SINGS BETTER THAN CARRYLINE POLLAHAY! CHEAP KNOCK OFF HOEEEEEEEE DOOOOOWWWWN

Is what Sis said on Lanaboards.

No I didn't take my meds today.

44 minutes ago, pop2anna said:

i think this was paris (?) and this is the encounter:

Diva, queen, RAINHAAAAAAAAA DELLLAAA POOOP :diva:

Yes that's sad for the little Polacunts, but maybe she had an off day. During the Pang era there were enough videos of her chatting with fans afterwards face to face and her having engaging conversations which most artist don't even do, maybe that set expectations high for this batch of fans. I never expected something like this from her.

But she's probably sick of doing that, I assume it's a draining task any time of the day... and really 1 am after a concert? Maybe she wants some sleep? I can assume even having to manage fans for 2 minutes can be a lot and I wouldn't handle that well at any time of the day.

I don't think it made a difference if she said sorry or rolled her eyes. This is just them laying expectations on her and them feeling entitled to her time and politeness, which that person only partly acknowledges and then makes a point about how the whole situation wasn't handled right from their perspective and that it wasn't polite enough, but she doesn't even owe them a sorry.

The whole things reads almost as 'funny & fake'  as if Demi Lovato called someone fat and lost a lovatic. If this is real, then I hope they have learned to never ever do that again for an artist, wait outside in the cold. It's something I personally wouldn't do. Maybe get a signed piece of merch or vinyl from the web store in the future if that's what you want. Or know that if you risk waiting on her that this is also a possibility: that she just walks by and gives you a dirty look & ignores (and I'm sure it's not personal).

:toofloppy:

For all I care she could have ran out the door and told them to go to hell. I'd still not think badly of her. Because does she really need to hear about how much she means to you, your dead grandma or sign your boob?????? And what's with all the tagging. Do they really want an apology? Will the world forgive @Carolineplzgiveusautograph even if she expresses how sorry she is and repents?

It's just a bit too much that this needs to be aired publicly with all the tagging, anecdotal evidence, naming and shaming... Caroline Polachek left fans out in the cold but didn't she just give you a hell of a show?

1 hour ago, Sis said:

Diva, queen, RAINHAAAAAAAAA DELLLAAA POOOP :diva:

Yes that's sad for the little Polacunts, but maybe she had an off day. During the Pang era there were enough videos of her chatting with fans afterwards face to face and her having engaging conversations which most artist don't even do, maybe that set expectations high for this batch of fans. I never expected something like this from her.

But she's probably sick of doing that, I assume it's a draining task any time of the day... and really 1 am after a concert? Maybe she wants some sleep? I can assume even having to manage fans for 2 minutes can be a lot and I wouldn't handle that well at any time of the day.

I don't think it made a difference if she said sorry or rolled her eyes. This is just them laying expectations on her and them feeling entitled to her time and politeness, which that person only partly acknowledges and then makes a point about how the whole situation wasn't handled right from their perspective and that it wasn't polite enough, but she doesn't even owe them a sorry.

The whole things reads almost as 'funny & fake'  as if Demi Lovato called someone fat and lost a lovatic. If this is real, then I hope they have learned to never ever do that again for an artist, wait outside in the cold. It's something I personally wouldn't do. Maybe get a signed piece of merch or vinyl from the web store in the future if that's what you want. Or know that if you risk waiting on her that this is also a possibility: that she just walks by and gives you a dirty look & ignores (and I'm sure it's not personal).

:toofloppy:

For all I care she could have ran out the door and told them to go to hell. I'd still not think badly of her. Because does she really need to hear about how much she means to you, your dead grandma or sign your boob?????? And what's with all the tagging. Do they really want an apology? Will the world forgive @Carolineplzgiveusautograph even if she expresses how sorry she is and repents?

It's just a bit too much that this needs to be aired publicly with all the tagging, anecdotal evidence, naming and shaming... Caroline Polachek left fans out in the cold but didn't she just give you a hell of a show?

waiting in the fucking cold for 3.5 hours sounds like a “you” problem and i’m so serious. did Caroline tell them to wait 3.5 hours for ha? she probably left the venue like “nawt these mfs waiting for me to leave the venue, so creepy!!!” :toofloppy: fans need to respect artists and i’m so sorry they didn’t realize that they paid for a live show and got it…go…home? you didn’t pay for a meet and greet, let’s not act like we’re owed something from an artist!!

7 hours ago, lonely lonely night said:

you’re gonna die in seven days

idc 

Dido does “fine” on the song, but without her/the PP feature would’ve been better to me 

also, another classic example of gays that feel entitled and expect a drained artist that just performed a full concert to be a happy, not tired and to meet them. newsflash, caroline is human too.