Lana Del Rey

Caroline Polachek

I've heard the new songs live and they really don't hit like the Pang material. I get going down the pop route with more conviction, but some of the beats and song structure of the new stuff feels like generic MNEK / Anne-Marie / Rita Ora level pop sound-wise. Am I the only one kinda disappointed??? I haven't heard the studio clips or leaks yet so I may be totally off, but this is my impression from hearing the new stuff live 

Had to refund my tickets because the venue changed both the location AND vaccination status requirement last minute. The show is December 8th and I don’t get my second shot dose until the 10th. So :crai: irdk why a negative test isn’t just as effective but whatever.

On 11/15/2021 at 7:24 PM, Veinsineon said:

Had to refund my tickets because the venue changed both the location AND vaccination status requirement last minute. The show is December 8th and I don’t get my second shot dose until the 10th. So :crai: irdk why a negative test isn’t just as effective but whatever.

Omfg that's horrible.. I would cry wtf :toofunny:

2 hours ago, 88AYM said:

Bless the person who uploaded this, she played Billions, Smoke, Sunset AND Teardrop cover with Oklou

Amazing Teardrop cover! Such a classic. 

I would really love her to do a Björk cover, as much as I know she loves her and having that amazing voice, I'm sure she can make any song justice. I would love her to do Unravel so much. 

And I'm glad she is still doing Smoke, Billions and Sunset, this means they will be released soon, I'm super happy about it because they are amazing songs. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

9 hours ago, EXODUS said:

I would really love her to do a Björk cover, as much as I know she loves her and having that amazing voice, I'm sure she can make any song justice.

I constantly hear Caroline when I listen to Human Behaviour or Isobel, I kind of hope she regularly releases covers tbh, it’s like Lana it’s nice to hear her take on these songs

1 hour ago, Sucker said:

smoke is so fucking good, i will never shut up about it. she needs to drop that one next :defeated:

Speaking of drop like where is this second single ? Bunny fell off

13 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Amazing Teardrop cover! Such a classic. 

I would really love her to do a Björk cover, as much as I know she loves her and having that amazing voice, I'm sure she can make any song justice. I would love her to do Unravel so much. 

And I'm glad she is still doing Smoke, Billions and Sunset, this means they will be released soon, I'm super happy about it because they are amazing songs. 

3 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

I constantly hear Caroline when I listen to Human Behaviour or Isobel, I kind of hope she regularly releases covers tbh, it’s like Lana it’s nice to hear her take on these songs

Speaking of drop like where is this second single ? Bunny fell off

TOTALLY! I can also hear her doing Crying, Venus as a Boy, Modern Things, Hidden Place, Who Is It, Pneumonia, All is Full Of Love and of course The Gate lol... But I totally picture her singing any song in Debut, I think her voice is perfect for it, though I know her favorite is Vespertine.

both my favorite artists <3 Also I found an old tweet where she says she likes iamamiwhoami (tap your glass is her fave), she likes purity ring and she worked with glasser so only school of seven bells is the only band I didn't see her saying anything about...

I adore Bell since I heard this cover she made for the Post tribute album, and years later I discovered she was caroline's backup voice and synth in the something tours! Check her out if you guys don't know her, she's been a bit inactive lately but her music is so so SO good. Her full name is Olga Bell

Bjork loved her cover of her cover so much (lol) she got her signed to One Little Indian! what a dream

2 hours ago, 88AYM said:

TOTALLY! I can also hear her doing Crying, Venus as a Boy, Modern Things, Hidden Place, Who Is It, Pneumonia, All is Full Of Love and of course The Gate lol... But I totally picture her singing any song in Debut, I think her voice is perfect for it, though I know her favorite is Vespertine.

both my favorite artists <3 Also I found an old tweet where she says she likes iamamiwhoami (tap your glass is her fave), she likes purity ring and she worked with glasser so only school of seven bells is the only band I didn't see her saying anything about...

I adore Bell since I heard this cover she made for the Post tribute album, and years later I discovered she was caroline's backup voice and synth in the something tours! Check her out if you guys don't know her, she's been a bit inactive lately but her music is so so SO good. Her full name is Olga Bell

Bjork loved her cover of her cover so much (lol) she got her signed to One Little Indian! what a dream

Cool! Which songs by Bell your recommend me considering I love Björk, Caroline and iamamiwhoami? 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 hour ago, EXODUS said:

Cool! Which songs by Bell your recommend me considering I love Björk, Caroline and iamamiwhoami? 

omg fave bestie!

Brown Bear is my personal favorite, but her EP incitation I think you'll love if those are your faves, and then tempo her album is REALLY good but much more uppy

8 minutes ago, 88AYM said:

omg fave bestie!

Brown Bear is my personal favorite, but her EP incitation I think you'll love if those are your faves, and then tempo her album is REALLY good but much more uppy

Yas, I'll check her out, hopefully I'll love those releases.

Legend Daniel Kirby uploaded this! It's full and decent quality, and she played 5 rarities: New Normal (Abnormal Mix), Billions (without national children's choir), smoke, sunset and the teardrop cover with oklou (I love how Oklou starts the second verse early by mistake and cp covers her as if they were adlibbing <3 she's a pro)

On 12/1/2021 at 10:24 PM, Veinsineon said:

Why don’t we have a good quality New Abnormal

I have the WAV file from pre-ordering the Standing At The Gate vinyl, so I can upload that if it's actually super rare for some reason?