Say Yes to Heaven

Looking For America

Unless I'm mistaken, isn't this her first explicit mention of Lake Placid in a song? Also, am I wrong or is Jack's guitar Lake Placid Blue?

I believe it is the first time she has used it in a song (that we have heard) and I don't know what that colour is 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Took a trip to San Francisco, our friends said we would jive

Didn't work so I left for Fresno

Did someone set her up on a blind date? Or was this about a failed musical collaboration?

when you and I collide

She's talking about fucking.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

this song is beautiful, but it screams that she's a sheltered fool. glad she's trying to use her platform for good tho. america has never been safe for a lot of minorities. she's acting like life was simple and easy in america until recent gun violence? botch needs to open a history book.

also, i know it's seems silly and picky, but fireworks are awful and traumatizing for war veterans and animals/wildlife. i truly believe blowing off fireworks is very un-american, especially on the 4th of july. 

this song is pretty, but it doesn't say much as it could. (luv u lana and yer attempts to save the world. keep tryin yer gettin better.)

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

Lana tweeted about the release.

Thinking of everyone this morning – we finished our song and just want to let you know all of my proceeds are going to Gilroy Garlic Festival Victims Relief Fund, El Paso Community Relief Fund and Dayton Foundation

Love her so much ❤️

The line which tightens my heartstrings a bit more than the others is "it's just a dream I had in mind", like... It sounds so hopeless [...] Like "It's just a dream I had in mind, don't mind me... I know it's silly." :(

Exactly.

There are some great moments musically in CWIMM, but "Looking for America" succeeds lyrically and in sentiment where "Coachella" fails. Sure, there's still a degree of shallowness or superficiality here, but she comes closer to fulfilling her potential to employ her Americana schtick in an effective way to make a political statement that I hoped for in the run-up to LFL, but didn't quite get: This is basically her "Imagine".

Just curious, what type of political song would you like her to do? I get what you mean in the sense that she's only really explicit in the chorus ("without the guns") and that the fireworks line is a bit clichéed. But I have a hard time imagining her being more concrete without it sounding forced. To me this is one of her most heartfelt songs in very long time, because she goes beyond her own little world but in such a very Lanaesque way that it still feels authentic.