bdelrey

Lana and Shiny Toy Guns

my brain just ran away with itself

saying get free was too telling so redone from scratch because she wasn't ready to be so honest

she has to remove current Get Free from album because lawsuit, so thinks fuck it in future editions of the album she'll recreate (if she really did delete it) and feature the original version. Is okay with fully telling her story now, even discusses it at gig. 

originally titled Malibu which is in LA which featured in his road trips i.e. in song afraid, back to SM NY to LA

(i know it's bullshit I just think it'd be awesome I'm so excited for this new tidbit and had a lot of sugar this evening)

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

Before I start this, I wish my condolences to Rob and his family and friends and mean no disrespect.

So when I started looking last night, I assumed he passed away around 2007-2009,

but Lana tweeted this on January 1, 2012

lSvsQ6j.png

His Facebook profile is still up and active, (not going to link, as it's pretty easy to find) no connections between him and Lana/Lizzy on there.

Plenty of Mikey Martin on his profile though.

I could not find his former myspace profile, if he had one.

From there it was pretty easy to find a past connection between Rob and Mikey,

posted on December 11, 2006 on RecoveryRoad.org, recovered using wayback. 

spwt2TJ.png

Rob was a New York native, battled with drug addiction for a long time, became friends with Mikey at Road Recovery and joined his band as a production manager.

Quoted from the site in 2007 "ROAD RECOVERY is comprised of entertainment industry professionals whose lives have been touched by addiction and other adversities and now wish to make a positive impact on the lives of others."

I heavily believe Lizzy was involved in this organization, although I found nothing online as evidence.

But per her interview for Electronic Beats in 2013

and interview with Vogue in 2012 

Recovery Road is probably how she met Mikey and Rob.

In another interview, she reveals 

I think Rob is the person she's talking about here. Looking at his FB profile, it seemed he was still struggling with his addiction and re-entered rehab 2011.

This leads me to believe Rob is subject to a lot of her songs, I think Dark Paradise and Heroin are 100% about him, as he is now the only confirmed friend/boyfriend she knew who died of drug overdose.

It could also explain her somewhat strange behavior during the 2011-2012 era, she had just lost a friend, maybe an ex-boyfriend and was also gaining popularity and criticism.

Obviously all speculation, I'm wary to say she dated Rob as she called him a friend, but we are pretty sure she dated Mikey.

Sorry this was kind of all over the place, but what does everybody think?

Yes i found this out too when i was looking into it last night. I too believe she was involved with road recovery. I also found out that jimmy gnecco play at one of their benefit concerts in 2009. So this may be where she met Jimmy.  http://www.roadrecovery.org/index.php/2009-benefit-concert

The only thing about Rob tho is that he doesn't seem to have that many tattoos. The photos I saw he has a sleeve (his sleeve does look like it has a snake but it no way is in blue and ivy like yayo suggests) and a words above his stomach but he's not heavily tatted like how Bradley is if it fact Bradley represents who she's singing about in the BTD, BJ videos etc. We know Josh is heavily tatted now and we know video games is about him. Although I feel like her songs are inspired by more than one person make the most sense. Like one line might reference one and then another someone else. 

Also theres a pic of rob and he's holding a bottle of mountain dew and he's has ties to santa monica 

Yes i found this out too when i was looking into it last night. I too believe she was involved with road recovery. I also found out that jimmy gnecco play at one of their benefit concerts in 2009. So this may be where she met Jimmy.  http://www.roadrecovery.org/index.php/2009-benefit-concert

The only thing about Rob tho is that he doesn't seem to have that many tattoos. The photos I saw he has a sleeve (his sleeve does look like it has a snake but it no way is in blue and ivy like yay suggests) and a words above his stomach but he's not heavily tatted like how Bradley is if it fact Bradley represents who she's singing about in the BTD, BJ videos etc. We know Josh is heavily tatted now and we know video games is about him. Although I feel like her songs are inspired by more than one person make the most sense. Like one line might reference one and then another someone else. 

Also theres a pic of rob and he's holding a bottle of mountain dew and he's has ties to santa monica 

Maybe the tattoos were just fantasy or she saw them on someone else and liked the imagery enough to use in the song.

Also we don't have any pics of him back in 2007-2009, maybe his snake tattoo was different then.

We can't really deny the song is about him, Lana said so herself. 

Literally the one and only time we definite proof!

Maybe the tattoos were just fantasy or she saw them on someone else and liked the imagery enough to use in the song.

Also we don't have any pics of him back in 2007-2009, maybe his snake tattoo was different then.

We can't really deny the song is about him, Lana said so herself. 

Literally the one and only time we definite proof!

I'm not denying the song being about him. I just can't fully believe every song or most of her songs are about him. 

UPDATE: I found his myspace. The only thing Lana on it is that he's friends with her on it. Theres a photo album titled Classic-The Lucky Ones which is interesting giving the title. 

I'm not denying the song being about him. I just can't fully believe every song or most of her songs are about him. 

UPDATE: I found his myspace. The only thing Lana on it is that he's friends with her on it. Theres a photo album titled Classic-The Lucky Ones which is interesting giving the title. 

I saw that earlier too!! I wonder if that has any connection to Lana. Also, I didn't see that he was friend's with her cause I was too lazy to go through the list, so thanks for finding that!!

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

can you send me the myspace :)

edit: nvm found it 

In the title song of your second album “Ultraviolence” you sing “I love you forever”. Is this a Barrie (Lana’s boyfriend) song?

No, “Ultraviolence” looks back on my time in New York. I was, for a while, part of a sloping underground scene, which was dominated by a guru. He believed in the concept of destroying his followers first and then rebuilding them. I fell for him because at that time, I longed for security.

I wonder if this underground scene she refers to is in fact Road Recovery, which was at the time headed up by Gene Bowen (not sure if it still is), the organization's founder. (I wouldn't read too much into this though. Pure speculation.)

i was looking at rob's fb again and he has Hunter S Thompson as inspirational people on his profile. So I guess Is this happiness is/could be about Rob as well.

The "Classic" is just how myspace renamed all the albums when they updated..so it was originally titled just The Lucky Ones...definitely interesting!

You could be right. Poked around a bit, and it appears heroin is the drug that killed him.

More interesting notes, I found references to Mountain Dew and the movie "Drugstore Cowboy" on his page.

He was also bouncing around a bit between Santa Monica & New York... "back to Santa Monica, New York to LA"

I figured the Mountain Dew was about that guy (can't remember his name) with longer hair on his myspace? Iirc he had a direct image of Diet Mountain Dew & even a picture of fetuses and how he wanted to name them Lana and Ray, which was also the man that potentially inspired Wayamaya?

Also Afraid is a song (to me) about escaping physical abuse, could she have 'extremified' the type of abuse and written along the same scenario you think? Like she had to leave because of his relapse and she was possibly afraid of his potential abuse or how much he'd wither? 

Lucky Ones too? holy shit

This isn't related to the quotes but I'm both amazed, terrified, and heartbroken reading all of this. Not because it's such a death ridden life but because it's so interesting reading all of this down to the specific wire. Even in it's early days literally nothing is ever NOT found on the internet, think about celebrities living similar lives to Lana's ten years ago but right now, everything they'll ever fucking do will be even more findable than these- and all these examples are from an internet era in which everything was harder to use. 

It's also insane just seeing how much we know about one persons life- we have threads about her as Lizzy even fucking babysitting in photos, a thread about finding her boyfriend that supposedly murdered people and was sent for a death pentalty (the fact people have even found his NAME is scary.)- stuff so secret and private and yet here we are, hundreds of fans she doesn't know finding out everything about her- even information she herself probably had forgotten. It's also such a goddamn telling tale and fantasy, her life before fame is literally a plotline that would've been written as a book years ago and would've become a tragic literary american classic, I hope when she's older she can remember all of these things and produce a fully transparent auto biography, because her life is SUCH a work of art.

Every little reference just makes her entire discography that much richer and more telling, the simplest titles inspired some of her best work, i love her so, so much- she's the only person that deserves the entire world in my opinion  :crying4:

Lana brought up Rob again tonight before performing Yayo. I wonder why she all of a sudden decided to share this with us!

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

She was talking about how Jhene Aiko is brave for sharing her story through her music and how Lana "never really shared her story because she didn't want to" in October so it's interesting to see what made her change the way she perceives speaking about her past directly! I'm excited for all the things we don't know yet

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

She was talking about how Jhene Aiko is brave for sharing her story through her music and how Lana "never really shared her story because she didn't want to" in October so it's interesting to see what made her change the way she perceives speaking about her past directly! I'm excited for all the things we don't know yet

I JUST finished rewatching that interview. 2018 feels like the year a lot of lizzy mysteries will be solved.