Elle

Wantagh, NY @ Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theatre - September 21st, 2019

I see no lies... Through the years I've honestly just come to the conclusion that Ms Del Rey simply hates performing. She really loves being in the studio, but she hates being on stage and it shows. She doesn't even look like she enjoys being up there and perform to her tour babiez like there's literally no reason to perform a set as short as an hour and fifteen minutes when you're literally there to promote your latest effort AND when you have five albums, an EP and 47298357510398 unreleased songs under you belt, unless you hate performing.

We truly are stanning a self-sabotaging kween  :rip:

There's plenty of artists who don't tour. They make records every 2 or 3 years and that's it. Kate Bush and Enya comes to mind. 

Lana's miserable on stage and it shows. She doesn't even try with photo shoots or music videos either. She got Chuck to do that for her.

She's rich so she doesn't need to tour. Why bother anymore? Is it her management forcing her? 

her look reminds me of a certain ahs6 promo poster (lana's just all white)

7767356.6.jpg

AHS Season 6: Roanoke.  :thumb2:

y'all saying she hates touring because she doesn't have your fav songs on the setlist?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

y'all saying she hates touring because she doesn't have your fav songs on the setlist?

i think it's more because it doesn't look like there's any effort being put in and when it costs what it does to see lana, you'd expect a setlist that includes a decent amount of new/nfr songs, especially on a tour that's named after the album! :~)

i think it's more because it doesn't look like there's any effort being put in and when it costs what it does to see lana, you'd expect a setlist that includes a decent amount of new/nfr songs, especially on a tour that's named after the album! :~)

Nope. Because she makes no effort with her onstage performances. She barely sings. She mumbles to backtrack recordings. It's like she's literally being pushed onto the stage. 

giphy.gif

All those peaches she’s gonna throw from the stage must be hella expensive if the tour tickets cost more than her previous tour. :hooker:

Jokes aside, I do agree with the criticism here. Her tour is named after the new album, of course people are gonna expect her to sing the newer songs (although I was afraid she’d keep the same set list as the summer tour earlier this year since the time between the last festival date and this first tour date weren’t that far away - her band had a short break and she’s said before that they haven’t learned certain songs for the new concerts, I didn’t expect them to learn newer ones for now either. Maybe for the European leg though, but my hopes are small). And she should definitely be on stage for longer too, there’s no festival this time where she *needs* to please casual fans and hardcore stans and enter/leave stage after a certain amount of time. I don’t know what goes on during rehearsals, but I think it would be nice to hire a choreographer/stage designer to come up with new ideas (where to stand, what to do, if they should keep the swing etc) and a vocal coach to make her confident with her higher notes again. And, maybe Lana and her band should rehearse newer songs a lot more before tours. She’s been a famous singer for so long now, I think it’s natural for people to expect her to improve and keep her shows entertaining and interesting (and PLEASE get rid of the back vocals!! Hire real choir singers instead, they can improve your shows so much!! Really disappointing that she needed them for Bartender - again, rehearse more and I don’t think you’ll need them)

I loved her dress, but yeah, maybe it’s not concert material. I think she looked stunning though. :flutter: From the few clips I’ve seen, I think she sounded great as well, TNC was really beautiful.

Also, I’m super surprised that she didn’t sing Cinnamon - every single fan at her festival shows screamed for her to play it! I thought she knew it would be a fan favorite. But maybe the band don’t know it yet...

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Especially when you see Madonna dor example who prepares for the tour and show for 2 months and is dancing... singing... acting

and then Lana who simply does nothing and probably do not even reherse for the tour as mentioned xoz she does not care

Madonna's doing this tour in smaller venues. Every review so far have been excellent. 61 years old. Two and a half hour long. I love her so much. 

RzCW5_EjCVU.jpg

any band

can learn a song in a day

or if they are good

just give them notes and voila

she just does not care

simple as that

as long as there are sheep to cut wool(money) from... why should she make an effort?

what she needs is several VERY BAD REVIEWS of her concerts

I mean... people will just write the truth

The problem is though that, I think, she doesn’t care much about bad reviews. Just look at her reaction to Ann Powers’ review of NFR!, and several other times as well. :( And I kinda understand Lana too: she’s a strong believer of her vision (which I love!) and she sees that what she’s doing now is working, fans are still coming to her shows and worship her for anything and everything. Why need to change if it works?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Nope. Because she makes no effort with her onstage performances. She barely sings. She mumbles to backtrack recordings. It's like she's literally being pushed onto the stage. 

giphy.gif

But it hasn't always been like that - I saw her 2013 and 2016 and the concerts were great, her singing was great. Last year's performance in Berlin was kind of a letdown in comparison to those so I wonder what happened inbetween?

But it hasn't always been like that - I saw her 2013 and 2016 and the concerts were great, her singing was great. Last years performance in Berlin was kind of a letdown in comparison to those so I wonder what happened inbetween?

I know she hasn't always been like that. I saw her in 2011 and 2012. She was amazing. She had good shows over the years but I think after the Endless Summer tour, her shows have gone downhill. 

Everything's already been said but she isn't even changing up how the stage looks? Or some "choreo"? Also imagine her starting with 2 new songs and getting your hopes for more NFR songs up and then she just gives you the same stuff lol I'm honestly growing less and less disappointed that I have never seen her live. I enjoy listening to her on recordings and I think I'll leave it at that.