Elle

Portland, OR @ Moda Center - October 3rd, 2019

And how would the audience react if she told them to be quiet though? They probably wouldn’t listen (would they even hear her over their own screams?) and everyone on lanaboards would be complaining about how rude she is for daring to stand up to them.

Well, since it seems that more and more are starting to say that fans should scream less for her (not only here but also Twitter, Reddit, journalists and more) maybe people would appreciate it? I don’t think they would mind much if she asked them kindly like, I dunno, “wow, you guys are so loud today, I can barely hear myself!” or something. I’m not great at ideas. And besides, people will always find something to complain about. Either the crowd is too loud or Lana is rude for hushing them. *shrugs*

I dunno, it was just a suggestion. It’s either that or she could go to the back of the stage and then sing acapella if the front row would ever become too shouty. I read on Twitter that Lana said she wouldn’t sing if they didn’t sing along so maybe that’s why they were extra enthusiastic, I dunno.

Whatevs.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Could this be the reason why she was so weird last night?

69881947_368324510721646_149708032441895

She was vaping before White Mustang and then put it down by her chair, that was the last place she had it. I was trying to get her attention to tell her that loool but I have like a whole minute of footage of her frantically looking for it trying to get the stagehands to help, it was pretty funny. Some fan in the audience even offered her his vape and she asked “what flavour?” hahaha x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

She was vaping before White Mustang and then put it down by her chair, that was the last place she had it. I was trying to get her attention to tell her that loool but I have like a whole minute of footage of her frantically looking for it trying to get the stagehands to help, it was pretty funny. Some fan in the audience even offered her his vape and she asked “what flavour?” hahaha x

You should post the video!  :P

Here’s a clip I took of Venice Bitch - I also have some more clips on my Instagram story that’ll be up for a bit longer x

#beautifulloser

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

People discussing "Fans are being too loud!!" I have to laugh. It's an Arena concert. Of course sometimes things will end up being "too much" but it's part of the experience and after this. 

https://www.thefader.com/2014/06/04/cover-story-lana-del-rey-is-anyone-she-wants-to-be

"It’s just heavy performing for people who really care about you, and you don’t really care that much about yourself sometimes. I thought it was sad. I thought my position was sad. I thought it was sad to be in Ireland singing for people who really cared when I wasn’t sure if I did.”

I doubt she really would stop singing just because her fans were singing back. Also, we're not in the 70s anymore and she's not doing an "open night" show. There's technology that allows people to listen to their band + their own voice and don't miss marks and stuff (especially in a concert that has been secured with backtrack that some fans also call "playback").

This was at my concert with the craziest people in the world. Yes, Brazil. And I believe the first "full live" of Get Free.

By the end you can see she's pointing microphone to the people. There's nothing more special than hearing thousands people singing the words you wrote.

The problem with The Greatest is just that she's a bit lazy (something that already came out of her mouth while talking about the pop world) to do her stuff right. I don't think it makes her a bitch that she didn't sind the chorus to the song after doing most of it acapella, and sometimes she really just didn't have the words right. I don't think she really rehearsed the new album. But at least she's trying so let's wait and see if there's a miracle and she decided to promote NORMAN FUCKING ROCKWELL on the NORMAN FUCKING ROCKWELL TOUR.

People discussing "Fans are being too loud!!" I have to laugh. It's an Arena concert. Of course sometimes things will end up being "too much" but it's part of the experience and after this. 

https://www.thefader.com/2014/06/04/cover-story-lana-del-rey-is-anyone-she-wants-to-be

"It’s just heavy performing for people who really care about you, and you don’t really care that much about yourself sometimes. I thought it was sad. I thought my position was sad. I thought it was sad to be in Ireland singing for people who really cared when I wasn’t sure if I did.”

I doubt she really would stop singing just because her fans were singing back. Also, we're not in the 70s anymore and she's not doing an "open night" show. There's technology that allows people to listen to their band + their own voice and don't miss marks and stuff (especially in a concert that has been secured with backtrack that some fans also call "playback").

This was at my concert with the craziest people in the world. Yes, Brazil. And I believe the first "full live" of Get Free.

By the end you can see she's pointing microphone to the people. There's nothing more special than hearing thousands people singing the words you wrote.

The problem with The Greatest is just that she's a bit lazy (something that already came out of her mouth while talking about the pop world) to do her stuff right. I don't think it makes her a bitch that she didn't sind the chorus to the song after doing most of it acapella, and sometimes she really just didn't have the words right. I don't think she really rehearsed the new album. But at least she's trying so let's wait and see if there's a miracle and she decided to promote NORMAN FUCKING ROCKWELL on the NORMAN FUCKING ROCKWELL TOUR.

Yeah we know that she loves when the audience sings with her, just some misconstructions in this thread. She asked the audience to sing HIAB for her too, and after the audience sang it to her she did the opening very beautifully. But she finished singing that song before the good part too. She just leaves the audience wanting more imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg7-EiDrm7k

I wish we could have the whole HIAB. But, man, Venice Bitch is sounding lovely!

Yeah we know that she loves when the audience sings with her, just some misconstructions in this thread. She asked the audience to sing HIAB for her too, and after the audience sang it to her she did the opening very beautifully. But she finished singing that song before the good part too. She just leaves the audience wanting more imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg7-EiDrm7k

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

Here’s a clip I took of Venice Bitch - I also have some more clips on my Instagram story that’ll be up for a bit longer x

#beautifulloser

Wow you were really close. Did she recognize you? 

besides the heavy use of backing tracks and the mess of ottr (again), is anyone else annoyed that she doesn't sing the bridge of ride anymore? it's a new level of laziness - if she doesn't think she sounds good doing it live, maybe try to improve instead of scrapping it???

She is literally lip syncing Venice bitch, I mean it's not bad having background vocals during the parts she is in the crowd but girl don't pretend like you sing it

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Wow you were really close. Did she recognize you? 

Maybe! She didn't come to my side of barricade to meet fans (and didn't meet too many overall), but she was standing in front of me a lot on stage and making eye contact a bunch. Who knows! x

besides the heavy use of backing tracks and the mess of ottr (again), is anyone else annoyed that she doesn't sing the bridge of ride anymore? it's a new level of laziness - if she doesn't think she sounds good doing it live, maybe try to improve instead of scrapping it???

Technically, it's a part of the medley with Change, Black Beauty, and Young & Beautiful, and she stops those before the bridges as well. She also cuts Summertime Sadness before the bridge, but I remember her posting an instagram video months ago with her team as they discussed doing a shorter version of the song because it was "about time to"

She has been better about Off to the Races though lately, she now is singing the entire bridge of it for the first time in awhile, she usually would skip the entire first half of it. She's also singing more of the chorus rather than skipping every other line. She said at one of the recent shows that it's one of her favourites, so I think she's encouraged herself to sing more of it x