Elle

Berkeley, CA @ Greek Theatre - October 6th, 2019

So let me get this straight:

1. She can't perform for more than an hour and fifteen minutes at most (and that's when she feels like performing for more than an hour and not cutting down on show time).

2. She literally shows up late to each and every concert.

3. Has an eponymously named tour, and performs like 5 songs at most from the album. But decides to recycle the same setlist from her past three "tours". Instead of singing new songs, she does covers and brings people on stage to take the attention away from her (which I'm not actually complaining about she actually brought (or will bring) Legends on stage with her! But it actually cuts down on show time, which could be use to perform newer songs).

4. Either does small acapella versions of the other songs from the album and/or relies on fans to remember the lyrics and has this "fuck it" attitude when they don't seem to remember them, nor does she seem to remember her own lyrics herself...

5. Shows up on stage with the ugliest/most grandma-ish/Little House On The Prairie meets The Handmaid's Tale clothes she can find (her style on stage is debatable though)

6. Seems to be flustered or annoyed to be on stage.

7. Not always on top of her game as far as vocals go. Also, doesn't she seem to care for hitting notes and relies heavily on the ever loud backtrack or her tour lyfe babiesTMto take over.

8. Seemingly only interacts with the same five stans that literally attend every single one of her shows (that's on her, but it sucks for people who are looking forward to that one interaction with her for the first time (and also probably the only chance they got too)).

9. Ridiculous price tags for her ugliest, most lackluster merch to date (literally stuck a "Venice Bitch" patch on a Dickies jacket, tagged it 150$ and called it a day :rip: )

What a time to be alive and be a Lana stan. :rip:

She never was the most amazing live act, but there was somewhat an attention to detail, or she actually seemed to enjoy performing for her fans. But it's all gone downhill... wow.

I don’t agree with 6 and 9. I haven’t noticed her being annoyed (but I know some of you think so) and the merch is actually pretty good for once in terms of variety - crop tops, posters, bags, the obligatory album t-shirt and a (dull) jacket. But yeah, they’re very overpriced.

And 5... yeeaaahhh, I don’t exactly think the clothes are ugly, but they’re not really concert material either. But maybe that’s cool and what makes (this older) Lana Lana.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

If she can't remember the lyrics or gets tripped up on them, she should consider a teleprompter.  Take a queue from Matt Berninger of the National - he uses one and their concerts are incredible, and different every night.  There's a lot more spontaneity and he definitely seems more comfortable on stage.

so fucking glad I never wasted my money or effort trying to buy a ticket to see her this era, the lack of professionalism... FAR too much it's almost disgustingly disrespectful. I would have never thought she would become like this back in the paradise era when she was giving every bit of energy and emotion and looking genuinely happy to be on seen on stage...

fans and publications really need to start openly criticising her I'm not saying she needs unwarranted BTD era level hate but fans and journalists need to speak out and say "hey you're performing like a lifeless LA zombie popstar who doesn't even know the words to her own songs who can't go 5 seconds without huffing her bedazzled vape, recycles sets, shows up an hour late looking like a soccer mom who just got done with her hippie holistics nutrition class, hides behind her famewhore backup dancers and charges even more every tour for that just gets even shittier in quality" 

I'm just so disappointed in her, she needs to wake up.

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

I don’t agree with 6 and 9. I haven’t noticed her being annoyed (but I know some of you think so) and the merch is actually pretty good for once in terms of variety - crop tops, posters, bags, the obligatory album t-shirt and a (dull) jacket. But yeah, they’re very overpriced.

And 5... yeeaaahhh, I don’t exactly think the clothes are ugly, but they’re not really concert material either. But maybe that’s cool and what makes (this older) Lana Lana.

Agree about the clothes, they are not that ugly per se. But they are not concert material for sure.

But as of 4,6 and 7... didn't she throw a fit because she lost her vape? And also got upset twice at fans for not knowing the lyrics? Like that's her job to do that lmao.

"hey you're performing like a lifeless LA zombie popstar who doesn't even know the words to her own songs who can't go 5 seconds without huffing her bedazzled vape, recycles sets, shows up an hour late looking like a soccer mom who just got done with her hippie holistics nutrition class, hides behind her famewhore backup dancers and charges even more every tour for that just gets even shittier in quality" 

Jujubee+02.gif

her backup dancers are so much more interesting to watch than she is and that’s a problem when it’s her fucking show. (i love ashley and alex and i don’t blame them for her lackluster performances, i’m glad they keep things lively while lana moans over the loud backing track)

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

If I had not to worry about money, I would grab my Berlin tickets and go to the concert just to buy some merch and skip the show itself :toofunny: I really want the bag and the key chain thing.

Agree about the clothes, they are not that ugly per se. But they are not concert material for sure.

But as of 4,6 and 7... didn't she throw a fit because she lost her vape? And also got upset twice at fans for not knowing the lyrics? Like that's her job to do that lmao.

Hmmm, yeah she did. But I haven’t seen any video footage or anyone outside of LB say that she said fans don’t know the lyrics (yet?) so I’m taking that with a pinch of salt.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Hmmm, yeah she did. But I haven’t seen any video footage or anyone outside of LB say that she said fans don’t know the lyrics (yet?) so I’m taking that with a pinch of salt.

Fair enough

I'm reading this thread and just feeling so disappointed in her. Wtf is this california snippet? It doesn't even feel like she's singing the song, she's just speaking the lyrics.

And imo there's absolutely NO excuse for forgetting the lyrics. It seems like she doesn't rehearse at all, just goes on stage and expects things to happen (hear fans screaming, make the least effort possible, point the mic to the audience and eventually run off stage) :rip:

Wow. Do you even realize how toxic you guys are lol. Reading this thread from a non obsessive bratty stan point of view is one hell of an experience. 

Go out lmao. Her shows are great, people have a good time. Ugh.  :facepalm:

Wow. Do you even realize how toxic you guys are lol. Reading this thread from a non obsessive bratty stan point of view is one hell of an experience. 

I don’t think anyone is bratty for thinking Lana should know her own lyrics, or at the very least not get pissy at fans for not knowing her lyrics.

LIZARD PEOPLE

I posted the video of her singing HIAB at the previous show in it's thread, in that one she asked the crowd to help her with the words to HIAB. The crowd sang a big part of the song then she said "well, that was unhelpful" because they missed the very first lines of the song (lana then did them beautifully). You can go and check if you don't believe it :)

You clearly don't know what you are talking about. You are the one who needs to get out.

you're literally on a fan forum discussing her though? you don't know me or anybody here irl to judge if we have a life or not lol. and instead of calling us obsessive and bratty, do you actually disagree with the points made above?

I don’t think anyone is bratty for thinking Lana should know her own lyrics, or at the very least not get pissy at fans for not knowing her lyrics.

omg, it's not part of the setlist  :rip: fans screamed for it. When did she get pissy though? Grow up 

"uuuuuuugh my fav does not fulfil my expectations, what a bitch!" aka brat mindset. Have some respect!

"uuuuugh my fav does not have the love life I wish she had! what a bitch! DITCH THAT COP" is even worse but what can you expect from kids with poor education?

I posted the video of her singing HIAB at the previous show in it's thread, in that one she asked the crowd to help her with the words to HIAB. The crowd sang a big part of the song then she said "well, that was unhelpful" because they missed the very first lines of the song (lana then did them beautifully). You can go and check if you don't believe it :)

Lemme go back and check... Oh yeah, there was the “fuck it”. .___. I dunno, I don’t think she meant it in a bad way, maybe she was just disappointed in herself for not remembering or something but I can definitely see it come off as something else. Hmmm... oh, Lana, I don’t know...

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Lana's keyboard player posted on his stories the editing process of a pro recording from her duet with Joan Baez. Maybe we can expect some pro live videos!

Sadly, I think her ego seems to bave inflated because of her fans who will scream for her no matter what she does on stage. Her voice sounded better in the Paradise era because she felt like she actually had something to prove back then.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

omg, it's not part of the setlist  :rip: fans screamed for it. When did she get pissy though? Grow up 

"uuuuuuugh my fav does not fulfil my expectations, what a bitch!" aka brat mindset. Have some respect!

"uuuuugh my fav does not have the love life I wish she had! what a bitch! DITCH THAT COP" is even worse but what can you expect from kids with poor education?

Oh my God ...  your points aren't even remotely accurate, but go off. Way to trivialise. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I don't accept #2 as an excuse. It's not like she's being expected to remember meaningless words - these are the lyrics that supposedly mean something to her. So unless her art means very little to her, then I expect her to remember the damn words. If she doesn't, then I expect her to revise them before she tours.

I really don't think that that's asking too much.

She does shit like this and then wonders why people don't take her seriously.

It honestly makes me wonder if her heart is really in any of this. I also feel like it's a bit disrespectful to the other people associated with this album, most notably, Jack. I mean, he worked on these songs with her, and from what I can tell, he takes his work very seriously. Sis can't even be bothered memorising the fucking words to the songs they created together. I don't know if I'd be really pleased if I poured my heart and soul into an album and the other person stopped giving a fuck when it was time to showcase it, but maybe I'm crazy.

I agree with you that she should remember the words to the songs of the last record, especially in a tour named after it. True, if someone asks her about The Blackest Day right now, I would be ok with her not remembering all the words. But not remembering the lyrics to the NFR songs?!?! Come on, girl. 

maybe this is what we should expect from her in the future, for her records: she will sing live a couple of songs of the new record, the rest were made to be recorded on an album but won't be featured live (as disappointing as this is).