Elle

Berkeley, CA @ Greek Theatre - October 6th, 2019

Apparently the only NFR she did besides the usual 4 was a California acapella snippet.... yawn. Someone who went said she did indeed sound check Cinnamon.

Finaly California

ZXLRI2G.gif

Someone on Reddit said she sang California and snapped with "You always do this, and you say you'll help me with the lyrics but I don't know the words and you don't know the words".

What the fuck, what is with her? Also why can't she ever remember what key she wrote the song in.

She apparently sang BAR too

3lfQEhw.png

Someone on Reddit said she sang California and snapped with "You always do this, and you say you'll help me with the lyrics but I don't know the words and you don't know the words".

What the fuck, what is with her? Also why can't she ever remember what key she wrote the song in.

How the fuck do you not know the lyrics to your own songs? How embarrassing.  :facepalm:

Mariah and Celine would NEVER. 

giphy.gif

Oh so she's still in a mood, then.  :eek:

These half-arsed renditions of NFR songs in which she swears and/or blames the audience after approximately one minute are becoming tiresome. I don't find it endearing; I find it bratty and diva-ish. 

What the fuck? Do better, Lanz. People are paying for this shit. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

It’s not unusual for artists to sometimes forget their lyrics and maybe la-la-la the melody instead but blaming your fans (even as a joke) for not knowing the lyrics of your new songs, on the tour named to promote the new album, is just... I get that she has already moved on to the next project in her mind, but had she only rehearsed more, if she and the band had practiced together for a month or two, these acapellas and missed lyric lines wouldn’t be happening. I thought of the same word as Rorman the other day: diva. And I also wondered to myself if this was another artist, if fans and critics would be so easy and forgiving on her.

I feel like blergh, I come with complaints after every show. I don’t want to, I love her. :(

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Okay, but seriously, this isn't funny or cute.

An acapella of a song is okay. Not knowing the lyrics, and then giving up is not okay.

Most of the people on this site know most, if not all, of the words to all of the songs on NFR - how does she not know them? Is she that disinterested in her work? If so, that's concerning. How can she expect we, her fans, to invest in her work when she doesn't? I know I sound dramatic, but ... are the lyrics not the essence of her work? She's a writer, right? Is it just me? I think this is extremely disappointing.

There are people saying we should be grateful that she's doing these acapellas but I disagree. Why should we be grateful that she does these ill-prepared renditions of songs from her current fucking album on that album's tour? Like, bitch no. 

I guess we know why we didn't get lyrics in the album booklet and/or a lyric book - she doesn't fucking know what they are.

LOL @@Clampigirl we basically posted the same rant at the same time (except, as expected, yours is much nicer than mine is!)

Never seen anyone this lazy in the music business.

I don't know how Win goes to every single show of hers and not get bored. Same set lists over and over. I would be bored out of my mind. It's his money and he can spend it like he wants to, but I think he would get his money's worth seeing another artists. 

Never seen anyone this lazy in the music business.

I don't know how Win goes to every single show of hers and not get bored. Same set lists over and over. I would be bored out of my mind. It's his money and he can spend it like he wants to, but I think he would get his money's worth seeing another artists. 

I'm one of those people who doesn't give much of a fuck what he does, but I wish people wouldn't do that, because she probably thinks her shows are really spectacular because people like him turn up to every single one. He, and everyone else who does that, is doing the whole fan base a disservice.

:agree:

Also, apparently quite a lot of people left her Portland show during VB and at the end she said, "thanks for fucking sticking around!" to the people who were still there. So you know, she can turn up 50 minutes late but God forbid people want to beat the stampede out of the venue/on public transport by missing a few minutes of the VB backing track. :usrs:

I'm one of those people who doesn't give much of a fuck what he does, but I wish people wouldn't do that, because she probably thinks her shows are really spectacular because people like him turn up to every single one. He, and everyone else who does that, is doing the whole fan base a disservice.

:agree:

Also, apparently quite a lot of people left her Portland show during VB and at the end she said, "thanks for fucking sticking around!" to the people who were still there. So you know, she can turn up 50 minutes late but God forbid people want to beat the stampede out of the venue/on public transport by missing a few minutes of the VB backing track. :usrs:

Seems pointless to wait for the VB song to finish when she's usually down in the front signing stuff and taking selfies at that point. Plus people have lives. She's 30- 50 mins late and there's people who need to be at work in the morning.