Elle

The Norman Fucking Rockwell Tour - Predictions Thread

Lana Del Rey is just months away from kicking off the start of the Norman Fucking Rockwell Tour!

There are two legs, Leg One covers the US and Leg Two covers the UK & EU.

What do expect from this upcoming tour? Setlist? Possible openers? Are you attending any dates? Discuss below!

I'll be attending the October 3rd show in Portland, Oregon & October 11th show in San Diego, California. I'm nervous, but very excited!

I predict a retro-beach designed stage with Lana decked out in Love & Lemons and Zimmermann dresses, accompanied by Ashley & Alex who I've grown to love. 

If I had to make a best guess for a setlist, it would be something like this:

Born to Die

Cherry

White Mustang

Pretty When You Cry

Blue Jeans

Mariners Apartment Complex

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Happiness is a Butterfly

How to Disappear

Ride

Video Games

Doin' Time

Cinnamon Girl

Summertime Sadness

Off to the Races

Venice Bitch

So a 16-song set that leaves 5 from Born to Die, 1 from Paradise, 1 from Ultraviolence, 0 from Honeymoon (rip), 2 from Lust for Life, and 7 from Norman Fucking Rockwell. My prediction bases off of songs she's hyped up most from the new album and what she's been performing recently. & usually, her setlist for tour are usually heavy on her debut and the most recent album, with a few others sprinkled in. 

I also feel like she'll drop the West Coast pre-opener she's been using and perhaps switch it out with a beach-themed tune, perhaps by the Beach Boys?

As for an opener, she tends to add on people she's seen hanging around a little while before tour (Jhene Aiko) or following recently on social media (Kali uchis) So I feel like perhaps she could add on an act such as FKA Twigs who she was seen hanging around a little bit ago? Maybe Regina Spektor who she met after Ally Coalition? I wouldn't be surprised if Dermott Kennedy from her same management team opened up for some UK dates again as he did in 2017. I would be surprised if there wasn't an opener, but she'll probably announce it a few weeks before the shows.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

the more i think about it, the more i am scared miss del rey is gonna do the same setlist + stage design she did the entire summer for the american leg and maybe even the european one if were really unlucky

image.png

my ideal setlist

1. Born To Die

2. Cherry

3. Doin' Time

4. West Coast

5. Norman Fucking Rockwell

6. Music To Watch Boys To

7. Fuck It I Love You

8. Ride

9. The Greatest

10. Pretty When You Cry

11. Piano Medley: Terrence Loves You / Bartender / Old Money

12. Brooklyn Baby

13. Cinnamon Girl

14. Get Free

15. Freak

16. Video Games

17. Venice Bitch

Not gonna happen but a gay can dream

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

This is what I'd like the setlist to look like, I'd like to see some more Honeymoon appreciation on this tour and if she were to do an unreleased song I'd like to see Hollywood or Your Girl make a debut...

01. Mariners Apartment Complex

02. Brooklyn Baby

03. Venice Bitch

04. Fuck It, I Love You

05. Doin Time

06. Florida Kilos

07. West Coast

08. Cinnamon Girl

09. Music To Watch Boys To

10. Shades Of Cool

11. Love Song

12. Video Games

13. Norman Fucking Rockwell

14. The Next Best American Record

15. Medley: Hope Is A Dangerous Thing / Change / Looking For America

16. Ride

17. Cherry

18. Pretty When You Cry

19. Bartender

20. Off To The Races

21. Born To Die

This is what I'd like the setlist to look like, I'd like to see some more Honeymoon appreciation on this tour and if she were to do an unreleased song I'd like to see Hollywood or Your Girl make a debut...

01. Mariners Apartment Complex

02. Brooklyn Baby

03. Venice Bitch

04. Fuck It, I Love You

05. Doin Time

06. Florida Kilos

07. West Coast

08. Cinnamon Girl

09. Music To Watch Boys To

10. Shades Of Cool

11. Love Song

12. Video Games

13. Norman Fucking Rockwell

14. The Next Best American Record

15. Medley: Hope Is A Dangerous Thing / Change / Looking For America

16. Ride

17. Cherry

18. Pretty When You Cry

19. Bartender

20. Off To The Races

21. Born To Die

I like this setlist but replace NFR with Gods and Monsters because I really wanna hear it live.

giphy.gif

she can continue performing btd front to back as much as she wants for all i care as long as we get california, the greatest and in your car live 

and in a perfect world where i stan someone who acknowledges one of their best albums religion would be part of the list too 

she can continue performing btd front to back as much as she wants for all i care as long as we get california, the greatest and in your car live 

and in a perfect world where i stan someone who acknowledges one of their best albums religion would be part of the list too

This. Relegend is one of her best songs and it has been paid absolute dust.

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

This is the first time she named the tour after the album since the paradise tour so its probably a clown behaviour but I really hope is a dangerous thing she’s gonna change is a powerful thing the setlist and perform most of the songs from NFR

@Elle you should come to the Jones Beach show! I wanna say hi!

I wish!! That was the show I was originally hoping to go to, but it falls on the same day as the Marina show I'm going to with one of my best friends :( New York shows are always something special x

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I wish!! That was the show I was originally hoping to go to, but it falls on the same day as the Marina show I'm going to with one of my best friends :( New York shows are always something special x

ooo what stop will Marina be performing at that day? New York? I see Marina in Philly one week before the Jones Beach show!

giphy.gif

ooo what stop will Marina be performing at that day? New York? I see Marina in Philly one week before the Jones Beach show!

Ooo it'll be a Jam Packed Week for you! Lots of fun! In 2015, I saw Marina in Indianapolis and then Lana the very next day. It was the perfect mid-week treat.

Marina will be in Atlanta that day! I'll be going with one of my best friends who is a huge Marina fan and it'll be her first time seeing Marina live.. so I can't bail on her :( I also am having to sell my other Marina ticket for a California date, so I especially can't miss the ATL one! x

Ooo it'll be a Jam Packed Week for you! Lots of fun! In 2015, I saw Marina in Indianapolis and then Lana the very next day. It was the perfect mid-week treat.

Marina will be in Atlanta that day! I'll be going with one of my best friends who is a huge Marina fan and it'll be her first time seeing Marina live.. so I can't bail on her :( I also am having to sell my other Marina ticket for a California date, so I especially can't miss the ATL one! x

I'm so excited for it. It'll be my first time seeing them both!

I hope you have lots of fun with your friend!

giphy.gif