Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

I don't know exactly why but I could stuck in the chorus of California forever :flutter:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Back in the real world, where people are still fawning over NFR, and where NFR will forever be regarded as, not just LDR's best album, but also as one of the greatest albums of all time! 

Bartender is deathly underrated and I don’t understand why some people don’t like it. It’s giving me Regina Spektor vibes and I love it.

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 minute ago, rosesofsaigon said:

Bartender is deathly underrated and I don’t understand why some people don’t like it. It’s giving me Regina Spektor vibes and I love it.

i love bartender as well! in fact it's my favorite song from the album, it's very chill yet such a nice vibe

WGe8ynS.gif

NFR is such good studying vibes and idk why that is? im not sure what exactly about the album makes me feel that way hahaha. but it really is a shame the instrumentals haven't leaked yet - they would be SO DAMN GOOD to study to :defeated:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

The way Bartender is still aging like a fine wine..it's walking straight into my top 5 songs from NFR!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

On 11/16/2020 at 2:31 PM, daphnedinkley said:

NFR is such good studying vibes and idk why that is? im not sure what exactly about the album makes me feel that way hahaha. but it really is a shame the instrumentals haven't leaked yet - they would be SO DAMN GOOD to study to :defeated:

Absolutely agree with you. May it be about how stripped back the whole thing is, it helps to concentrate. Using it a lot to study too!

The NFR lime green vinyl is back in stock for preorder on Lana's webstore, set to ship on March 31st - 

50715981786_c1026fd3e7_o.png

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

11 minutes ago, Elle said:

The NFR lime green vinyl is back in stock for preorder on Lana's webstore, set to ship on March 31st - 

50715981786_c1026fd3e7_o.png

if NFR can have vinyls by the end of March, surely COTCC can, too!

"Don’t forget me"

56 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

if NFR can have vinyls by the end of March, surely COTCC can, too!

gtWqlyV.gif

but this actually feeds into your theory, that lana mispoke on the insta live. otherwise nfr wouldn't be shipped march as well

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

I know we shit talk her for ‘ruining’ BAR by reworking it and putting it on NFR, but I think the demo we got was a super super early version, and she ‘ruined’ it way before NFR. 

In this video during the LFL era, when she talks about ‘Architecture’ she mentions both Topanga and Malibu. In the demo version we got (which was what we assumed she was talking about, it’s the only version we had) she doesn’t mention Malibu or Topanga, but in the version we got on NFR we do! (Topangas hot tonight. We play the eagles down in Malibu)

I also LOL at the fact that she says “Architecute I talked about that one so much!” But she literally didn’t say a word about it. It got leaked as BAR and Shazam started recognizing it and called it Architecture..She didn’t say anything about it herself 

"Don’t forget me"

55 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I know we shit talk her for ‘ruining’ BAR by reworking it and putting it on NFR, but I think the demo we got was a super super early version, and she ‘ruined’ it way before NFR. 

In this video during the LFL era, when she talks about ‘Architecture’ she mentions both Topanga and Malibu. In the demo version we got (which was what we assumed she was talking about, it’s the only version we had) she doesn’t mention Malibu or Topanga, but in the version we got on NFR we do! (Topangas hot tonight. We play the eagles down in Malibu)

I also LOL at the fact that she says “Architecute I talked about that one so much!” But she literally didn’t say a word about it. It got leaked as BAR and Shazam started recognizing it and called it Architecture..She didn’t say anything about it herself 

I always thought about this, and you're probably right. "The Next Best American Record" sounds like it is closer to Architecture than the demo we got.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.