Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

upsetting to see the crowd acting like this when she's singing one of her most personal songs :/ I get singing along (quietly/calmly), but there's people screaming out, joking, laughing, talking to each other, etc. there's other songs to do that to :facepalm: she's not even reacting to people's expressions like she usually does, she seems annoyed. also at 3:08 at the black narcissist line, someone says "fuck azealia banks" :facepalm: really making the whole fanbase look horrible smh

sgopYhV.gif

6 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

upsetting to see the crowd acting like this when she's singing one of her most personal songs :/ I get singing along (quietly/calmly), but there's people screaming out, joking, laughing, talking to each other, etc. there's other songs to do that to :facepalm: she's not even reacting to people's expressions like she usually does, she seems annoyed. also at 3:08 at the black narcissist line, someone says "fuck azealia banks" :facepalm: really making the whole fanbase look horrible smh

i could go off about that all day. i understand when people sing along because it's part of the concert experience but people who randomly scream and shout stupid things out trying to be funny is SO INFURIATING and disrespectful! That one video of some guy yelling "sit on my face"  was well recieved by lana who found it funny but that behavior is still just selfish and attention seeking

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

I've been going to the beach lately when its been bright out but so cold and it's so peaceful and this album just hits so different in that setting. Watching the blinding glistening waves while listening to Mariners and Venice Bitch especially.... This album is a nautical masterpiece. Such an immersive soundscape throughout. Hope... has actually revealed itself to be top 3 from the album over time.

This was me today

1W8mnL0.png

And on another note the fact we never got the beach interview with Zane Lowe sucks 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

18 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

I've been going to the beach lately when its been bright out but so cold and it's so peaceful and this album just hits so different in that setting. Watching the blinding glistening waves while listening to Mariners and Venice Bitch especially.... This album is a nautical masterpiece. Such an immersive soundscape throughout. Hope... has actually revealed itself to be top 3 from the album over time.

This was me today

1W8mnL0.png

And on another note the fact we never got the beach interview with Zane Lowe sucks 

I’ve mentioned this before and it’s probably worth mentioning again now, considering her recent interview tactics. 

I wonder if the interview happened but they didn’t put it out cause maybe Lana got offended at something he said/asked and things got sour? For one thing, we’ve seen more recently especially how she acts during interviews. But the hint of this was there back then too when she went after that Ann woman. Secondly, (and this part may be a reach) why wouldn’t they put out the interview if they went through the lengths to make it so pretty and at the beach. Unless they cancelled it before hand for some reason. Third, and this is the part that’s convincing for me, I remember Zane was at the Grammys red carpet and they asked him about the AOTY nods and his thoughts. He went through every one nominated and pretty much gave them all high praise. He’s interviewed most of them and has relationships with these artists so it makes sense. But then at the end he said, in a more hushed voice, something along the lines of “oh yeah and Lana did something cool too” and it just felt off

So, idk, maybe a reach, but yeah 

25 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

This was me today

1W8mnL0.png

my boyfriend and I stayed in Sausalito, CA (really close to San Francisco) in a houseboat airbnb and NFR was really a defining album of that nautical experience :krylie: NFR has such a unique aesthetic I love it sm 

sgopYhV.gif

2 minutes ago, Distantly said:

I’ve mentioned this before and it’s probably worth mentioning again now, considering her recent interview tactics. 

I wonder if the interview happened but they didn’t put it out cause maybe Lana got offended at something he said/asked and things got sour? For one thing, we’ve seen more recently especially how she acts during interviews. But the hint of this was there back then too when she went after that Ann woman. Secondly, (and this part may be a reach) why wouldn’t they put out the interview if they went through the lengths to make it so pretty and at the beach. Unless they cancelled it before hand for some reason. Third, and this is the part that’s convincing for me, I remember Zane was at the Grammys red carpet and they asked him about the AOTY nods and his thoughts. He went through every one nominated and pretty much gave them all high praise. He’s interviewed most of them and has relationships with these artists so it makes sense. But then at the end he said, in a more hushed voice, something along the lines of “oh yeah and Lana did something cool too” and it just felt off

So, idk, maybe a reach, but yeah 

Wow I didn't know about that red carpet interview. Sounds shady, are we still uncertain about if it was ever even filmed or cancelled before they filmed it? It sucks cause she was so positive about this album I can't imagine her doing anything detrimental in a pre question for the culture world.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

1 minute ago, JehovahThikness said:

my boyfriend and I stayed in Sausalito, CA (really close to San Francisco) in a houseboat airbnb and NFR was really a defining album of that nautical experience :krylie: NFR has such a unique aesthetic I love it sm 

That sounds incredible. :defeated:I've been to Sausalito twice and it has to be the prettiest place ever for me. Yes the aesthetic is just so defining for the album.

It's always been so amazing to me how they made such a structurally ugly, industrial shipyard be something so beautiful and so fitting for NFR!

47 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

Flawless description :xcry:

50 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

Wow I didn't know about that red carpet interview. Sounds shady, are we still uncertain about if it was ever even filmed or cancelled before they filmed it? It sucks cause she was so positive about this album I can't imagine her doing anything detrimental in a pre question for the culture world.

I don’t think we have any confirmation on if the interview was cancelled all together beforehand or if it happened but never aired, unfortunately. But it did seem like he was avoiding talking about her at all on the red carpet if you ask me 

HM can have a more dramatic and heavier presence, but hiking casually to this album. so comforting and the change of pace. yes. 

On 2/1/2021 at 1:10 PM, JehovahThikness said:

I think I was there that night, no wait yeah definitely. some of the fans were just oof. 

it was still a magical night tho. amazing. the fireworks ahh 

imma love this album forever

UV/Honeymoon

Her albums reaching 1 billion is also really cool because the streams are split even throughout all the songs and not just a single or two. Truly an album artist. For example with Norman, doin Time has ~165m streams and that’s the highest one, so the one billion streams means the whole album is being listened to. Except maybe bartender not so much but that’s okay it’s a hidden gem. 

That goes with all her albums. Even with born to die where SS has like half a billion streams and several other songs have several hundred million, the whole album has over 3 billion streams and all songs stream well!

50 minutes ago, Distantly said:

Her albums reaching 1 billion is also really cool because the streams are split even throughout all the songs and not just a single or two. Truly an album artist. For example with Norman, doin Time has ~165m streams and that’s the highest one, so the one billion streams means the whole album is being listened to. Except maybe bartender not so much but that’s okay it’s a hidden gem. 

That goes with all her albums. Even with born to die where SS has like half a billion streams and several other songs have several hundred million, the whole album has over 3 billion streams and all songs stream well!

I remember someone here told us "she's not an album artist, what a joke." Legend things.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Luc said:

Are we getting a free digital copy of the new album if we have pre ordered any physical format on Lana's Official store?

No, they only used to do that so it would count as 2 sales. But it doesn't count anymore so they won't do it.