Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

This was my first deep dive into Lana. It is her best album IMO. Sooo good

i love the exclusive urban outfitters cover. But why is there only a version with the parental advisory. It needs to be seen in its full glory. 

9 hours ago, Trash Magic said:

Just remembered Lana has never performed The greatest live… ? Literally what is the reason 

The Half assed 20 second acapella doesn’t count btw

kills me forever that the NFR tour feat. so few NFR songs...yet i still regret not catching it :um:

aOaIzH2.gif

Here's my definitive ranking

Key

Top God tier trinity

Honourable Mention trinity

Center-average tier

Good songs I don't always vibe with tier

Songs that I'm ok with forgetting tier

Songs I want erased from existence tier

1. Cinnamon Girl
  2. Fuck it I Love You
  3. The Greatest
  4. Doin Time
  5. Love Song
  6. Happiness is a Butterfly
  7. Venice Bitch
  8. Hope is a Dangerous Thing
  9. Mariner's Apartment Complex
  10. Norman Fucking Rockwell
  11. How to Disappear
  12. Bartender
  13. California
  14. The Next Best American Record

1 hour ago, Distantly said:

Looking at my honeymoon box set and it’s really such a shame this album didnt get a box set. It would’ve served with some of the photo shoots we had

this, can’t believe the only vinyl box set we ever got was for UV 

aOaIzH2.gif

it’s so weird looking at the first page of this thread and seeing what everyone was saying and doing at the same time i was listening for the first time and crying :xcry:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

3 hours ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

Consequence of Sound lists Venice bitch as the best song produced by Antonoff :kris:

https://consequence.net/2021/08/jack-antonoff-songs-produced-ranked-list/40/

his last masterpiece :crai: surprised that august by Taylor is so low on the list, it's probably my favorite song from her

sgopYhV.gif

On 8/17/2021 at 2:07 AM, The Siren said:

Here's my definitive ranking

Key

Top God tier trinity

Honourable Mention trinity

Center-average tier

Good songs I don't always vibe with tier

Songs that I'm ok with forgetting tier

Songs I want erased from existence tier

1. Cinnamon Girl
  2. Fuck it I Love You
  3. The Greatest
  4. Doin Time
  5. Love Song
  6. Happiness is a Butterfly
  7. Venice Bitch
  8. Hope is a Dangerous Thing
  9. Mariner's Apartment Complex
  10. Norman Fucking Rockwell
  11. How to Disappear
  12. Bartender
  13. California
  14. The Next Best American Record

fixed it! :wub:

Happy 2nd birthday Norman! Pretty hard being The greatest album of all time am I right? :sass:

I have so much to say but I'll say it later - the album truly speaks for itself tho...

Thank u for existing tho :wub:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NFR! the first lana album i witnessed the release of, this album means the world to me. every year i find new meanings and situations these songs can help me through. i remember it being 1am and crying to my first listen of cinnamon girl. this album came just at the right time, with the right songs and messages for me to hear.

not to get personal or whatever but in 2018 i was outed to my family, and the same day i discovered mariners apartment complex. lyrics like ‘you’re lost at sea i’ll command your boat to me again’ really helped me, and lana has become someone i always cling to when going through something, like im a boat and shes a lighthouse. this album has helped me in ways i cant describe. i’m forever indebted to it :crai:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

Happy Birthday Norman Fucking Rockwell!:party:

I don't even know where to start, I went from loving it, to hating it & now I'm loving it more than ever, it's truly an amazing album. It has a special place in my heart & I can see why it is the favourite album for so many ppl. Still remember the era like it was yesterday. MAC & VB got released at the perfect time for me and I'm so thankful for those two songs especially for Venice Bitch:defeated: then I started to read on here & in July 2019 I finally joined this crazy ass forum haha. The wait was a torture haha but I'm getting so nostalgic every time I think about this album & era.  And wow I still love the album cover so much &  the sea visuals :wub:

This album is made to be listened to by the sea:flutter: I listened to it by the sea for the first time this year & it was one of the best moments in my life & it made me feel so happy & alive:trisha:

So thankful for Mariners Apartment Complex, Venice Bitch,  California, Fuck it I love you,  Cinnamon Girl, The greatest, Bartender & Hope( & the Hope video we got):worship:

To be fair there is no skip for me & I'm so happy that the title track & HIAB finally grew on me :trisha: 

How To Disappear's bridge is so dreamy:flutter:

Love Song is still so cute &  I really really like TNBAR too :trisha:

And still remember the relieve we felt after we finally got this album after the long wait,  the amount of interviews  on the release day, The WHF announcement,  the ice cream truck:flutter:

Still remember how California hit me on my first listen, I was floored, shook & speechless:defeated:

This post was maybe a little bit chaotic haha but Fuck it, I Love You NFR!:heart: 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Happy birthday, Norman! I cannot believe this album is already two years old :wowcry: NFR holds such a special place in my heart and I am so grateful towards Lana for giving it to us. Despite only being around for two years, this album brings me so much nostalgia. It amazes me every time I listen to this album just how incredible it is. My favorites always have been and probably always will be The Greatest, California and Venice Bitch (and Cinnamon Girl of course)

imageproxy.jpg