Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Hey, just a quick question, 

is there a CD version NFR that includes the streaming version of "Fuck It I Love You"? I was looking up on discogs and they're listing a vinyl re-issue including the single mix but I didn't find a CD version (even tho 2 re-releases are listed but with info about that) 

1 hour ago, coldsparklingmountaindew said:

Hey, just a quick question, 

is there a CD version NFR that includes the streaming version of "Fuck It I Love You"? I was looking up on discogs and they're listing a vinyl re-issue including the single mix but I didn't find a CD version (even tho 2 re-releases are listed but with info about that) 

i guess the same could apply to new cds cuz i do have a vinyl with the single version

22 minutes ago, meth daytona said:

just heard this for the first time... where did it come from?

fake

On 9/17/2019 at 10:01 PM, Wynwood said:

is HIAB about a grindr hookup?

"dropped a pin to my parking spot" ????

"if he's a serial killer then whats the worst" ???

THIS IS SO FUCKING FUNNY HAHAHAHHA:oprah2::sky:

I’m not SUPER active on here all the time, but when did everyone start to hate NFR? Last I checked, it was the general consensus (from like everyone in the world) that it was her greatest album? Did that change now that BB is out (well, now that weve heard it)

4 minutes ago, woolridges said:

I’m not SUPER active on here all the time, but when did everyone start to hate NFR? Last I checked, it was the general consensus (from like everyone in the world) that it was her greatest album? Did that change now that BB is out (well, now that weve heard it)

Hello you, welcome to LanaBoards! :wave2:

I'm the local 'NFR!' hater (I mean not really, but kinda) :runs:

I was listening to nfr today & How to Disappear came on and I started cackling. The production of that song is so fucking funny, the circus sounds, the bells I started laughing cause I forgot that version existed. It makes me think of fleas dancing in a circus :creep3:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

2 minutes ago, woolridges said:

i don’t think any of us are saying we hate it, we’re just saying it’s not her best and people only claim it is cause it’s a cute & easy album to digest. A lot of us don’t feel that it’s her strongest work but we don’t say anything cause the nfr obsessed rats will tear your house down :creep3:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

Just now, woolridges said:

This site is actually the only place I know about where that consensus (fortunately!) doesnt exist. NFR kinda started a civil war between Lanaboarders which hasn't still ended I think, hahahaha

9 minutes ago, woolridges said:

Outside of here I have always heard most people say it is her best album(fans not just causal listeners). It was even voted the 17th best album of the last 25 years by pitchfork readers recently. I didn’t even know people disliked NFR until I came on here, so it’s really interesting to hear opinions from people who dislike it. 

7 minutes ago, woolridges said:

I don’t think everyone has started to hate NFR, but rather, people are realizing (and Lana herself has suggested this) that the reason it is so lauded is because it represents a shift from the things that Lana was ruthlessly and unfairly criticized for. And now that Lana seems to be going against the grain of that after the criticism she’s endured within the last year, the record in the broader context of her discography retrospectively shows critics’ arguably performative favouring of Lana. So I’d say it’s not that NFR is inherently a disingenuous record, but rather that more external audiences are just against the idea of Lana being her unapologetic self as much as possible. 

Bye, NFR is not bad at all and it is (one of) her best. How can you say that when that album has Venice Bitch ,The Greatest and California amongst other career highlights?

I love both COCC and BB, but in my opinion none of the tracks there are as strong as the NFR highlights.

zXzLCRU.png

19 minutes ago, woolridges said:

Hating on popular things is a personality trait, they're not like the other girls :sass:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, Dealer Magnus Opus said:

Elle handing out WPs because we’ve drifted off topic again…:eek:

At least I incorporated Blue Banisters into mine :trisha: I'm a warning point virgin and would like to keep it that way for as long as I possibly can 

imageproxy.jpg

NFR! is one of my favorites as well, but it is very much super accessible and palatable to the individuals who hate everything that Lana authentically is. 

Anyways, I love the Blue Banisters video :wub:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.