Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

5 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Hating on popular things is a personality trait, they're not like the other girls :sass:

*the tik tok audio with mariners apartment complex playing on the background*

am i... better than everyone?

LOJzBlQ.gif

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

8 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Everyone in this thread writing think pieces on NFR

481cc98c5358dd019bca7d643246c84a.jpg

As we should.

Waiting to write my first thinkpiece about 'Blue Banisters' no spoiler tag like:

zmWg5FG.jpg

20 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Who in this thread said NFR! was bad?

You’re absolutely right. I’m re-reading this again and actually no one explicitly said it was bad, I guess I’ve seen way too many comments bashing it/Jack in the past months that I immediately associated it with that 😅

That said, to me NFR is not a washed out or a less authentic representation of herself. Back when it dropped, I saw it as this kind of “culmination” of her sound where she found how to express herself through music in a most polished, honest and cohesive way.

I do feel like both COCC and BB are albums where Lana is experimenting or defining her next steps musically and I think she’s diving deeper into storytelling than ever before. I specially sense that experimentation with COCC, it almost feels like she’s lost with the messages she wants to convey (I’m not shading the album though, I love and thought it received a lot of undeserved hate). 

zXzLCRU.png

Nfr stans wanting so badly to be oppressed be like :trisha:

everyone: nfr isn’t my favorite, though it’s a cute album! It’s very easy to digest

nfr stans: OPEN THE DOOR BEFORE I THROW ROCKS THROUGH UR WINDOW U DUMB WHORE WHY WOULD U SAY NFR IS SHITE??????

Honestly, nfr is like an album that’s kind of impossible not to like, it’s so cute and simple.

Spoiler

The people saying bb is better than nfr are giving me HOPE! Even tho hope is a dangerous fing….. :creep3:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

3 minutes ago, CmonDownToFL said:

Nfr stans wanting so badly to be oppressed be like :trisha:

everyone: nfr isn’t my favorite, though it’s a cute album! It’s very easy to digest

nfr stans: OPEN THE DOOR BEFORE I THROW ROCKS THROUGH UR WINDOW U DUMB WHORE WHY WOULD U SAY NFR IS SHITE??????

Honestly, nfr is like an album that’s kind of impossible not to like, it’s so cute and simple.

Reveal hidden contents

The people saying bb is better than nfr are giving me HOPE! Even tho hope is a dangerous fing….. :creep3:

Nfr stans was me, becoming Lana levels of unhinged and ATTACKING @West Coast @ShadesOfFool all last year. 

6g34Gn2.gif

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, alexandro said:

Bye, NFR is not bad at all and it is (one of) her best. How can you say that when that album has Venice Bitch ,The Greatest and California amongst other career highlights?

I love both COCC and BB, but in my opinion none of the tracks there are as strong as the NFR highlights.

Literally this. I do agree with some of the things said, but NFR! is as LDR as it gets. It's just that it had such a cool concept and new sound, plus the social/political state of America of that time... it also came out after a "long" hiatus (for her standards), her personality was on fire (hence why the album is so cool as she said) plus the songs are literally amazing :eek: Honestly my top 10 Lana songs is 50% NFR tracks

Anyway Text Book, Blue Banisters and Arcadia are among her finest works

I fucking love NFR but even i'm bored of the NFR discourse. This is the Blue Banisters thread. Come up with something else because I feel like we've been having this same conversation every single day since August 2019. :whoopi:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

6 hours ago, Dealer Magnus Opus said:

Elle handing out WPs because we’ve drifted off topic again…:eek:

Omg i didnt mean to get everyone off topic hehe, i was just noticing it seems like theres been another shift against NFR now that BB came out. Personally, I like NFR because of how polished and clean it is, which is the same reason im gathering other people ARENT so fond of it. I just felt like the chaos and Lana-ness of BB, has pushed some people even further against NFR, which is lacking that chaos.

And after reading everyones responses, I can see that very few people actually think is “bad”— as in low quality, they just found the delivery to be too bland or safe?

Anyways, i think for my taste NFR wins, but i have also really been loving BB. Excited for us all to *officially* hear it in less than a day!

Much Love ❤️❤️

Always had an up & down relationship with NFR! but I have to say one thing I love on this album are the surf rock vibes on some songs. The album sounds the best on vacation or at the sea:true:

Even though I " hate " sometimes on NFR!  I had a great time & some very personal moments with it this summer:oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Sorry, but listening to NFR has made me realize how little I really vibe with Chemtrails and Blue Banisters, no matter how much I’ve tried convincing myself I really like them. 

I need something along the lines of NFR, UV, AKA, or Honeymoon because this style she’s been using lately just isn’t doing it for me. :(

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

listening to this album is so painful sometimes. I miss 2019 so much for so many reasons that don't even have to do with the pandemic (and obv because life before the pandemic)

I remember vividly listening to the album for the first time. I live on the east coast, but i was visiting Texas when the album dropped. Because I pre-ordered in one time zone ahead, I was listening to it before it officially dropped in Texas, which was kind of cool.

I don't listen to this album much, because it does bring me back to that summer and that year. Sometimes it's nice to go back and visit, and other times it makes me so sad. Unfortunately, this album does remind me of my ex that i was dating at the time so that's another thing

negAbhB.png

40 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

listening to this album is so painful sometimes

felt this. it's one of those records that does such a brilliant job of capturing memories but sometimes nostalgia is depressing as fuck

also- and this is super weird + random but i have a difficult time listening to HTD because for some reason it conjures this memory of chugging iced coffee on an empty stomach when i was at the rock bottom of my ED lol. so thats fun

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

It pisses me off that Love Song does not get the RESPECT it DESERVES. It's the emotional heart of the album. I love how delicate and vulnerable it is while still having a beautiful melody. It is the perfect depiction of the brilliance and terror of starting a new relationship when you've been burned and disillusioned before. Is it safe, is it safe to just be who we are? IN YOUR CAR I'M A STAR AND I'M BURNING THROUGH. A modern classic.  That it is overlooked while a mediocre overly long by 7 minutes Venice Bitch gets non stop praise from you sheep who will call anything with warbled guitars PSYCHEDELIC

On 11/14/2021 at 9:54 PM, Solar Fields said:

I just listened to a podcast where they discussed this album and 2 of the 3 hosts said that TNBAR is their favorite on the album :hdu: and then one of them said she hates MAC and VB is too long… I wanted to throw up so bad

Wow they have taste. What is the name of this podcast so I can give them love?

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg